šŸ’°šŸ’° Bronny signs 4 year. $7.9 million deal. Lakers confirm he earned everything his way

Rev Leon Lonnie Love

damned mine eyes, DAMNED mine eyes!!
Daps
Black father setting up his son to be a winner? I ain't got any issues with that :ehh:
I still get why some might feel a way since that means one other deserving player gets to lose a spot :yeshrug:

Daps
Ya'll know who this reminds me of? Dominik Mysterio. Remember Dom didn't go through the grind either like NXT or start off at the perfomance center.

Dom is a 20+ year vet. :ufdup:

But seeing this shyt from JJ of all people, made me throw my hands up, and make this face
full

GoldenGlove

šŸ˜šŸ˜‘šŸ˜¶šŸ˜‘šŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Just something I made up because of all these other stipulations Rich Paul and the James camp have come up with. Bronny won't accept a 2 way contract. Bronny won't work out for multiple teams. Bronny will go to Australia if a team other than the Lakers draft him.Now if someone else said the same thing in this thread I haven't read it yet
Gotcha. I've seen people ask if he was playing in Summer League in various threads. I'm like all the hiding and shielding is over... This isn't a lottery pick we're talking about. He was selected 55th overall

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Isn't part of PR convincing people to accept the narrative, or buy into Bronny as a draft pick?
We're allowed to listen to their PR statements and say fukk the Bull shyt.
Appreciate the shout out lol. And of course we are. I dont see the point in getting bent out of shape when we all know what it is :manny:. And again nobody would be ok with them just keeping it all the way 100 either. So at a certain point we just chose to be upset. I prefer not to but to each his own.

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
They can't hide him forever.

There will be garbage time, he will get on the court and alot of players can't wait to get famous by lighting him up.

Walt

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Nothing you said was wrong, but its time black people get on the right side of these situations

We fundamentally disagree. LeBron aint no civil rights figure, and I don't give half a fukk about his son. I actually find every single talking point about this tragicomically regressive. Bronny is the son of a billionaire, and nothing about him being drafted is a victory for black people. He was gonna be good in life regardless. Nor is this some indication of great parenting. Bron is bringing scrutiny to this kid by leveraging his power. He wasn't a McDonald's All American and he wasn't talented enough to start at a legitimately good D-1 school. The kid is a relative scrub and putting a spotlight/bullseye on him is the opposite of good parenting. Contriving a "sports moment" in service to your own legacy is not good parenting. And it's not a real moment. Outside of the weird coalition of people devoted to Bron's cult of personalit, nobody gives half a fukk about seeing that old nikka running a fast break with his undersized and talent deficient son. What I do respect - deeply - about Bron is how he empowered his team around him. This other shyt he been on lately is just megalomaniacal.

I do agree people shouldnā€™t argue about Bronny - because itā€™s a waste of energy and sociopolitical capital. But itā€™s a trip to see the same folk who gleefully mock the shortsightedness of broke, white ā€œmillionaires in waitingā€ rooting on rich whites now ecpress impassioned defenses of Bron. No one should care that much whether an NBA legend wants to share the court with his son for a season - positively or negatively. Have at it! But to effect a public charade - from McDonald's All American status to "analysts" giving ludicrous player comparisons, to Rich Paul's tedious tv appearances is the sort of behavior I associate with the very worst CACs. Having it all isn't enough. Some people want to have it all, then also claim a moral high ground. He could've just quietly called up his son from the G League and stashed his trash ass on the bench and no one would've cared. But Bron has to have him discussed as a credible prospect, has to have him drafted, has to have a camera on him during the moment he was picked 55th...

It reminds me of when one of my best friends - who runs a prominent hoops program - told me a couple years ago that he couldn't unsee the ho in LeBron based on how he handled Bronny on the hoops circuit. He compared it to Bron's obsession with his headband, and then his fake hairline. He has everything, yet he still cares deeply about what people think. It's the sort of insecurity you don't associate with someone of his talent and stature. MJ is a fukking a$$hole - he walks into a room an a$$hole, and leaves it an a$$hole. He doesn't give a fukk if you like him - that's on you. LeBron is the nikka who behaves like an a$$hole, but orchestrates a charade to convince you he's actually worthy of your admiration. He's a nikka who will piss in your garden then expect an award for watering your plants.

The rush to justify this instance of nepotism is retarded, and dovetails with the political moment weā€™re in. So many people bought into the deeply capitalistic idea of politics as consumerism. As our current presidential race clarifies, thereā€™s no institutional path to radical or subversive politics. So our politics become the things we buy, the shows we watch, and the cultural mascots for whom we root. A black billionaire's son getting a guaranteed contract from the Lakers is 100% irrelevant to any nikka's social, economic, and political reality. "Black nepotism" is like "black excellence" and "black abundance" etc - a catchphrase capitalism shyts out of its ass for nikkas to eat.

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
We fundamentally disagree. LeBron aint no civil rights figure, and I don't give half a fukk about his son. I actually find every single talking point about this tragicomically regressive. Bronny is the son of a billionaire, and nothing about him being drafted is a victory for black people. He was gonna be good in life regardless. Nor is this some indication of great parenting. Bron is bringing scrutiny to this kid by leveraging his power. He wasn't a McDonald's All American and he wasn't talented enough to start at a legitimately good D-1 school. The kid is a relative scrub and putting a spotlight/bullseye on him is the opposite of good parenting. Contriving a "sports moment" in service to your own legacy is not good parenting. And it's not a real moment. Outside of the weird coalition of people devoted to Bron's cult of personalit, nobody gives half a fukk about seeing that old nikka running a fast break with his undersized and talent deficient son. What I do respect - deeply - about Bron is how he empowered his team around him. This other shyt he been on lately is just megalomaniacal.

I do agree people shouldnā€™t argue about Bronny - because itā€™s a waste of energy and sociopolitical capital. But itā€™s a trip to see the same folk who gleefully mock the shortsightedness of broke, white ā€œmillionaires in waitingā€ rooting on rich whites now ecpress impassioned defenses of Bron. No one should care that much whether an NBA legend wants to share the court with his son for a season - positively or negatively. Have at it! But to effect a public charade - from McDonald's All American status to "analysts" giving ludicrous player comparisons, to Rich Paul's tedious tv appearances is the sort of behavior I associate with the very worst CACs. Having it all isn't enough. Some people want to have it all, then also claim a moral high ground. He could've just quietly called up his son from the G League and stashed his trash ass on the bench and no one would've cared. But Bron has to have him discussed as a credible prospect, has to have him drafted, has to have a camera on him during the moment he was picked 55th...

It reminds me of when one of my best friends - who runs a prominent hoops program - told me a couple years ago that he couldn't unsee the ho in LeBron based on how he handled Bronny on the hoops circuit. He compared it to Bron's obsession with his headband, and then his fake hairline. He has everything, yet he still cares deeply about what people think. It's the sort of insecurity you don't associate with someone of his talent and stature. MJ is a fukking a$$hole - he walks into a room an a$$hole, and leaves it an a$$hole. He doesn't give a fukk if you like him - that's on you. LeBron is the nikka who behaves like an a$$hole, but orchestrates a charade to convince you he's actually worthy of your admiration. He's a nikka who will piss in your garden then expect an award for watering your plants.

The rush to justify this instance of nepotism is retarded, and dovetails with the political moment weā€™re in. So many people bought into the deeply capitalistic idea of politics as consumerism. As our current presidential race clarifies, thereā€™s no institutional path to radical or subversive politics. So our politics become the things we buy, the shows we watch, and the cultural mascots for whom we root. A black billionaire's son getting a guaranteed contract from the Lakers is 100% irrelevant to any nikka's social, economic, and political reality. "Black nepotism" is like "black excellence" and "black abundance" etc - a catchphrase capitalism shyts out of its ass for nikkas to eat.

LeGBT gonna be real quiet after this one. All the fake pro black nikkas who call everyone MAGA if they donā€™t ride Brons nuts are gonna be real quiet after this one :mjlol:

True Blue Moon

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
VA. Living in the City of Angels
How does this compare to other 2nd round contracts?

My ONLY problem with this whole situation is the BLATANT lying. He earned that spot? He earned that contract? Lebron setting his kid up with a roster spot and a 4 year deal is cool, but donā€™t be acting like he earned that shyt.
Yeah give the kid his bread but they're laying it on unnecessarily thick. Kinda like when that reporter groaned out loud when JJ said he hadn't talked to LeBron and that he found out about the hire when everyone else did :mjlol:

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps

Well said. This speaks to the fact that no matter what LeBron does some people here and in the media will spin it into some pro black narrative.

LeBron team hops and builds super teams. "They" say - Yay LeBron screw the white owners you are the king!

The reality - said owners use this competitive imbalance as leverage for the new CBA, which crushes middle and lower income NBA players - most of whom are black.

Rich Paul doesn't have a college degree and is an agent. "they" say - screw those racist requirements, they don't want a guy like Rich to shine they are jealous! #Klutch

The reality - lowering the requirements for someone who had all the means and time for over a decade to get a degree, sends a horrible message to kids. Instead of taking a couple summers off Lebron's nuts and getting any BS degree, he'd rather play the race card. If Rich Paul had an education some of his clients would be better off.

Bronny drafted 55th, gets a guaranteed deal. "They" say - get em king! White dudes get their kids jobs all the time!

The reality - Bronny isn't one of the 55 best kids in the draft. Not even top 75. Drafting him has taken away a roster spot from someone who is qualified, and the guaranteed deal also takes away cap space from someone that's qualified. Next time LeBron bytches about not having help, you stans don't forget he has his son taking up roster space.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
As our current presidential race clarifies, thereā€™s no institutional path to radical or subversive politics. So our politics become the things we buy, the shows we watch, and the cultural mascots for whom we root.
"Black nepotism" is like "black excellence" and "black abundance" etc - a catchphrase capitalism shyts out of its ass for nikkas to eat.
Facts