Bron averaging more PPG than Steph while averaging more APG than Curry has in his whole career

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
To me, fact that people were so ready to replace lebron with steph after only 2 seasons, says more about what people truly think of lebron.

He ain't as great as his stats say :yeshrug:
He's the Emmitt Smith of basketball

Jalether

Superstar
Daps
bron is also not sharing offensive load with 3 other all stars including arguably the most gifted offensive player of his generation in durant and one of the best shooting guards in the league in klay. when curry had more offensive responsibilities/duty last season, he had an all-time historically great season.

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Head to head matchups mean fukk all in comparing what player is better. That's legitimate nonsense as what happened in a head to head matchup between them in 2010 means absolutely nothing in 2017.

KD is a better scorer, a better rebounder, the better rim protector, and better overall defender. The gap between Durant and Lebron's playmaking is as big as the gap between their shooting ability. :yeshrug:

KD is a better scorer but a Lebron is a better, more well-rounded offensive player. Lebron is also much more composed, has higher basketball IQ, and has a different gear in big games.

Mental fortitude accounts for a lot, especially in the playoffs. Durant is a better rim protector but Lebron is a better defensive anchor who has better understandings of when to gamble whereas Durant leaves most of that to Green.

But Durant is definitely playing better than Lebron this year but regular season Lebron just doesn't really matter. Everyone knows playoff Lebron is a different beast and he keeps proving it. Hawks, Bulls, Raptors, etc.

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
000000000000000000000000000032650000000000000000000000000000326500000000000000000000000000003265

I'm a steph fan. I watched what he did, but wanting to replace lebron that fast....for a guy who had only 2 great seasons, they were waiting on somebody to replace lebron the whole entire time. Remember the Warriors came to relevance after the Miami era where people hated lebron. Remember how much it took people(except me) to willingly want to put lebron over kobe. Even when lebron starting reaching his peek and the cavs made the playoffs more often circa 07-09, there still millions who refused to put him over Kobe no matter what lebron was doing.

Steph has 2 great seasons and then everybody wanted lebron to be over, news articles on how "steph is making lebron irrelevant" and such. that tells me the people don't fukk with lebron the way y'all think. 2 great season was all it took for people to want lebron to be irrelevant? That speaks volumes because if people truly respected lebron's greatness, they wouldn't have been so ready. Lebron and Kobe Co-existed together. Lebron and Wade co-existed together before teaming up. Nikkas wanted the steph/warriors to finish bron off, there was no co-existed with those 2. It was one or the other. I was never a fan of Lebron as y'all know so I found it funny. To be real though, as the greatest basketball player in the world, nobody wanted to replace Jordan and Kobe in his worse season still was selling out stadiums and received mad love. Felt like if the Warriors had won last year, Lebron as far as the respect level goes, would have been finished, and the title of "greatest alive" would of been stripped by the media and general public

YOUR ARGUMENT IS FLAWED...

PPL WERE QUICK TO PUT STEPH AHEAD OF HIM
BECAUSE HE BEAT HIM IN THE FINALS
WHILE WINNING B2B MVPS
AND WAS ON HIS WAY TO CAPPING A 73 WIN SEASON
WITH ANOTHER WIN OVER BRON....

NO ONE WANTED TO PUT BRON OVER KOBE
BECAUSE BRON DIDNT HOLD UP HIS END OF THE DEBATE
WHILE KOBE WAS MAKING THE FINALS EVERY YEAR.

HAD BRON GOTTEN THERE
AND BEAT KOBE IN THE FINALS
PPL WOULD HAVE SWITCHED ON KOBE
AS FAST AS YOU CLAIM THEY SWITCHED ON BRON.

BRON BEAT STEPH LAST YR
AND THEY SWITCHED BACK.
:devil:
:evil:

Daps
Wrong! Never in KD's life has he been better than Lebron

giphy.gif

Bron is 18-5 vs KD chill with the alternative facts:lolbron:

Head to head matchups mean fukk all in comparing what player is better. That's legitimate nonsense as what happened in a head to head matchup between them in 2010 means absolutely nothing in 2017.

KD is a better scorer, a better rebounder, the better rim protector, and better overall defender. The gap between Durant and Lebron's playmaking is as big as the gap between their shooting ability.
:yeshrug:

:dwillhuh:

What exactly did @KOBE say that was untrue?

Head-to-head matchups during the regular season (18 games played), their surface stats read as follows:

Durant - 28.9 ppg on 20.5 shots, 6.8 rebounds and 3.7 assists
LeBron - 28.8 ppg on 20.8 shots, 7.1 rebounds, and 6.6 assists

Head-to-head matchups during the post-season (five games played), their surface stats read as follows:

2iuK4jl.png

By just simply referencing their team records seems to me y'all are suggesting there's been this great margin between their performances when they face each other. When in fact Durant has been LeBron's best rival throughout his career. No other player has been able to go toe-to-toe with him (and even outplay him on occasion - he's outplayed him both times this season) like Durant has, and that's without mentioning LeBron was 3-4 years deep before Durant was even in the league - he had nearly half a decade head start on him. While granted, Durant isn't quite the playmaker LeBron is, he damn sure as hell ain't no slouch in that area - his assist #s would look a lot different if he didn't play with a PG that dominated the ball as much as Westbrook did. I mean take a look at his #s when Westbrook was out for two months during his MVP-run in '13/'14:

nZngcLj.png

IfMWB8j.png

He did all that without dominating the ball too. I can only imagine the #s he would've averaged if Westbrook was injured for the entire season.

Daps
But Durant is definitely playing better than Lebron his year but regular season Lebron just doesn't really matter..
This statement is part truth and part nonsense. You best believe LeBron was giving it his all when they played GS this season.

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:dwillhuh:

What exactly did @KOBE say that was untrue?

Head-to-head matchups during the regular season (18 games played), their surface stats read as follows:

Durant - 28.9 ppg on 20.5 shots, 6.8 rebounds and 3.7 assists
LeBron - 28.8 ppg on 20.8 shots, 7.1 rebounds, and 6.6 assists

Head-to-head matchups during the post-season (five games played), their surface stats read as follows:

2iuK4jl.png

By just simply referencing their team records seems to me y'all are suggesting there's been this great margin between their performances when they face each other. When in fact Durant has been LeBron's best rival throughout his career. No other player has been able to go toe-to-toe with him (and even outplay him on occasion - he's outplayed him both times this season) like Durant has, and that's without mentioning LeBron was 3-4 years deep before Durant was even in the league - he had nearly half a decade head start on him. While granted, Durant isn't quite the playmaker LeBron is, he damn sure as hell ain't no slouch in that area - his assist #s would look a lot different if he didn't play with a PG that dominated the ball as much as Westbrook did. I mean take a look at his #s when Westbrook was out for two months during his MVP-run in '13/'14:

nZngcLj.png

IfMWB8j.png

He did all that without dominating the ball too. I can only imagine the #s he would've averaged if Westbrook was injured for the entire season.

Meh, as great as Durant is, he's not built to be a primary decision maker with the ball. Memphis showed us in the playoffs that forcing Durant to create for others isn't really his forte. He's best as a tertiary playmaker, not a primary.

Also, a lot of the stats of their matches are kinda "eh" to me. I remember a lot of those OKC vs Miami games. Durant tended to go off when Lebron sat or in garbage time to bump up those numbers but it was plainly obvious who was the better player. Lebron was typically forcing hard doubles and got into the paint whenever he wanted leading to OKC's defensive collapse.

Daps
Durant is a better rim protector but Lebron is a better defensive anchor who has better understandings of when to gamble whereas Durant leaves most of that to Green.
LeBron's ability as a defensive anchor really is quite overrated, and has deteriorated since going back to Cleveland (even in Miami, both Bosh and Battier had just as much importance, if not more on defense). Even in the playoffs, LeBron takes a bunch of possessions off and swoops in to crash the boards to prop up his stats and start the fast break. His man-to-man defense hasn't been shyt for a while now too.

The only real weakness in Durant's defense is he can be inconsistent. Otherwise, he's been the better defender since probably 2015.

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This statement is part truth and part nonsense. You best believe LeBron was giving it his all when they played GS this season.

Breh, I've seen Lebron get swept by the Nets and then proceed to completely dismantle them in the playoffs.

Golden State could definitely be better and I'd bet more money on them winning this season but Lebron's performance in the regular season just doesn't matter to me.

Next Gear Lebron is definitely a thing. I don't take most of his performances seriously until the playoffs.

Daps
Meh, as great as Durant is, he's not built to be a primary decision maker with the ball. Memphis showed us in the playoffs that forcing Durant to create for others isn't really his forte. He's best as a tertiary playmaker, not a primary.
The funny thing about this is if you replace Durant with LeBron in 2014 and surround him with: Jackson, Thabo, Ibaka and Perkins, he too would lose to Memphis in a series. That Grizzlies team would be his kryptonite, especially with a squad that didn't have great shooters.
Also, a lot of the stats of their matches are kinda "eh" to me..
Why because you're a LeBron stan?

Ole I like to use the box score when it makes LeBron look noticeably greater, but disregard them when they don't ass nikka. :mjpls:
I remember a lot of those OKC vs Miami games. Durant tended to go off when Lebron sat or in garbage time to bump up those numbers but it was plainly obvious who was the better player.
:duck:

Go and check the play-by-play of their matchups. A LeBron stan accusing other players of bumping up #s in garbage time - I've heard it all now.

Daps
Breh, I've seen Lebron get swept by the Nets and then proceed to completely dismantle them in the playoffs.

Golden State could definitely be better and I'd bet more money on them winning this season but Lebron's performance in the regular season just doesn't matter to me.

Next Gear Lebron is definitely a thing. I don't take most of his performances seriously until the playoffs.
LeBron hasn't been able to coast this season though - there's a reason why he averages the most minutes in the league and why he's been 'demanding' for more help.

:manny: