Britney Griner Appears In Court Facing 10 Years In Russian Prison For Cannabis Possession

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
My man if you was flying from Los Angeles to New York with the amount of weed she got caught with YOUd be in jail as well.
They wouldn't pretend to find weed on you and lock you up and as a political bargaining chip though. you'd actually have to have weed on you.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I must of missed where she denied having weed ? Can you link that
If by "she" you mean the USA. sure can.

aslo even if she did have a couple vape cartridges. Russia's drug laws make possession of up to 20 grams of cannabis an administrative offense, and not subject to incarceration.
Yet they trying to give her 10 years and accused her of smuggling even though she was supposedly leaving the country with drugs not entering with them.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
If by "she" you mean the USA. sure can.
Nothing in that article claims she didnt have weed. Just that the due process is wrong.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Nothing in that article claims she didnt have weed. Just that the due process is wrong.
Lying about some things, means they probably lying about everything.

Also article states Usa says she was wrongfully detained, meaning they don't think an arrestable offense took place. You do, because why? you taking Russia's word?

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
I don't think our government has been fighting too hard to get any US citizen that's locked up brought back here even prior to the war. Why should she be the exception?
Because she’s a big name. The biggest name detained overseas by a hostile government. A name like that demands someone important detained in the US in a swap for return. No one knows who Marc Fogel is and his name cannot command a swap like she can.

froggle

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Good luck Brittany...

Russia sentences US teacher to 14 years for cannabis smuggling​

A Russian court has sentenced a former US diplomat to 14 years in prison for "large-scale" cannabis smuggling.
Marc Fogel had previously worked at the US embassy in Moscow, but was employed as an English teacher in the city at the time of his arrest.
Fogel was sentenced in the same jurisdiction that is hearing a marijuana-related case against US basketball star Brittney Griner.
Cannabis is legal in many parts of the US, but remains illegal in Russia.
"The American citizen Fogel has been found guilty," a court in the Moscow suburb of Khimki said in a statement.
The news release said that the English teacher had committed "large-scale drugs smuggling" in addition to "large-scale illegal storage of drugs without a commercial purpose".
Fogel, who is in his 60s, had around 17g (0.6oz) of cannabis in his luggage when he was caught on 15 August 2021 at Sheremetyevo airport, he told lawyers.
Local authorities have not commented on the amount of drugs Fogel was carrying, but Russian law defines a "large amount" of marijuana to be at least 100g.
Fogel said a doctor had prescribed the drug for medical reasons after he had spinal surgery, and that he was not aware medical marijuana was illegal in Russia.
He pleaded guilty to smuggling, storing, transporting, manufacturing and processing narcotic drugs, according to Russia's Interfax news agency, and was sentenced to serve his prison term at a maximum security penal colony.
As part of the investigation, police released footage of searches conducted by investigators at the Anglo-American School in Moscow, where Fogel used to work.

Russia sentences US teacher to 14 years for cannabis smuggling
:picard::picard::picard: don't watch locked up abroad breh.

KingJay

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly bouls, Trust the Process
chappelle-dave.gif

Bar Razor

All Star
Daps
People just don't get it. You can say it's not fair. You can say she's being used a a pawn. You can say if she were white Russia wouldn't have done it. You can say it's outrageous what they're penalties are for marijuana, etc. All that may be true. However, Americans have a habit of thinking that they can "no big deal" laws in other countries, and it doesn't work out over and over again. If I go to another country no way in hell I'm tryin to get weed through their airport. Either I'll find a local connect, or it'll just have to wait until I get home. In countries with harsh penalties, it'll just have to wait until I get home. If I do think it's that important, then I'll have to accept my fate if I get caught. I feel sorry for her, but unfortunately hubris is what lead her to this situation.

getmoney310cpt

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Compton CA/Rosecrans Ave
My man if you was flying from Los Angeles to New York with the amount of weed she got caught with YOUd be in jail as well. You dont need to be in Russia to fukk around and find out if shes a political prisoner or not.
Really? I definitely just flew to NYC with an ounce from LAX on my carry on..landed at JFK picked up my rental and all was well…

F*ckthemkids

Superstar
Daps
My man if you was flying from Los Angeles to New York with the amount of weed she got caught with YOUd be in jail as well. You dont need to be in Russia to fukk around and find out if shes a political prisoner or not.
That’s not how this works. Governments barter on level playing fields. They’re never going to offer more than what a subject is worth. That’s where the entire “we don’t negotiate” with terrorist slogan comes from. They’re never going to put something on the table that allows you to ask for more. They’re offering viktor bout a war criminal in exchange for a girl with weed. That doesn’t fukking makes sense. You can try to rationalize it all you want, but I’m not paying you 50 dollars for an apple unless my life depended on it. She’s not worth him. Period.