Bright (Will Smith, dir. David Ayer) thread

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
you think netflix is gonna drop another $100M for a sequel to this?

$90-110 million
Problem is the production was 45 million. The other 45 mill wen to the actors, writers, etc.
If they could more cash into the world it'll really help.
The orcs was a mix, so was the elves... :francis: the orcs was a mix of blacks, hispanics, poor people... Elves was jews..whites...rich people... human's was in the middle... but there are the race of dwarves in there too which we didnt see yet...
One elf was white.
One was Asian
The guy elf was a Mexican as well.

Lefty Gunz

Superstar
Daps
I wonder what the budget for this was

Seems like a Hollywood conspiracy for critics to pan this so bad

I thought it was mad entertaining tbh

90 Mill.

Scorsese's Netflix movie, 'The Irishman' budget will be more. At 125 mill

Last edited:

GrindtooFilthy

World Class SuperVillain
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA, CT, NH
Because Using Fantasy characters as an allegory For race Relations is a trope Older than your Grand Father. Its Been done countless times across various media. It's just a strange complaint
Outside of the final fantasy games I'm not big into fantasy like that breh

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Because Using Fantasy characters as an allegory For race Relations is a trope Older than your Grand Father. Its Been done countless times across various media. It's just a strange complaint

I'd say like 10% of all old Star Trek TOS and Twilight Zone episodes used this type of allegory.
The orcs was a mix, so was the elves... :francis: the orcs was a mix of blacks, hispanics, poor people... Elves was jews..whites...rich people... human's was in the middle... but there are the race of dwarves in there too which we didnt see yet...

When the cop mentioned that his ancestors killed thousands of Orcs back in Russia 2000 years ago that was a comment on holding grudges from Biblical times into the modern world. So Orcs were ALSO part Jewish, but in a different way than the Elves.

Elves and Orcs were also both part Asian:
Elves with the "Kung-Fu" agility and Orcs playing the role of Samoans/Pacific Islanders in sports.