Bright (Will Smith, dir. David Ayer) thread

Jhoon

Spontaneous Mishaps and Hijinks
Daps
Yea I dont think most people paid attention to the underlining social commentary but the movie hints at all these things. First thing I thought of when they went through the Elf part of the city was "they're pretty much Jews" :manny:

Orcs are like Native Americans/Aboriginals in Australia to me. It's crazy how they were even slaughtered back in the day by humans too in the movie.

The back story with the orcs/darklord/elves kinda resembles the bible though especially with references to the darklord being defeated 2000 years ago. It'll be interesting how they spin it for the sequel.
There’s a story of the fbi magic squad too. The elf is Mike Lowry, and the other guy is Marcus.

Jhoon

Spontaneous Mishaps and Hijinks
Daps
Movie was unbelievably good. We a sequel tho to flush out the world they live in and explore human brights. Loves the film tho.
The human brights are 1 in a million. Is that the road you really want to head down?

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
This was my thinking..
More with Native Americans side of the game..

I was thinking they were immigrants, especially since the Orc clan leader said he was born in the strong Orc community in Miami before he moved to LA.

The head racist cop said that his ancestors killed thousands of Orcs in the war against the Dark Lord in Russia 2000 years ago. So I think the Orcs were like the Mongol or Hun hordes from Asia invading Eastern Europe.

That would also explain why black people in the LA of this world are like black people in the real world:
I think the US developed pretty much the same way (colonization, slavery, etc) in this universe, then later on in the 20th century Orcs and Elves started immigrating from Eurasia. First to the East Coast then heading west.