Bright (Will Smith, dir. David Ayer) thread

ThrobbingHood

Take from the b*tch, give to the whores.
Daps
It was entertaining but the characters and story needed to be fleshed out a lot more. Interesting idea though especially with the magic wand that was dope.
That’s the challenge with movies. There’s only so much time you can give between progressing the plot and giving background stories to the characters.

We’ve been spoiled with so many great series over the past decade or so, that we forget that a 10-12 episode season gives writers a lot more freedom to flesh out both the story and characters.

In movies, they’re given such limited time parameters, it becomes a choice between giving more time to the plot or characters and it’s not easy to find a balance.

That’s why I’m looking forward to the sequel.

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Also I see a lot of media c00ns (Charlamagne, Desus from Desus and Mero) hated on the movie on Twitter :mjpls:, especially Charlamagne. I’ve never seen him tweet so negatively about a movie before. Go figure he bashes “Bright” the day it comes out.

Both work for major media corporations. I see the games they play. :sas1:

hood b. goode

shytposter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ProSports: NOLA. College: UMich. Europe: Arsenal
7 out of 10. I think netflix has something cooking with these straight to screen movies.

Ham handed metaphor (racial relations) flat beginning and ending, but middle of movie is great

The gap between RT critic and audience ratings for the movie is massive