Bright (Will Smith, dir. David Ayer) thread

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
I would say it reminded me of Will Smith's character from "I Robot" starring in Orc-"Alien Nation" in a world similar "The Magicians" on the SyFy channel that has the look of the show "Colony" on USA.

It seemed a little "off", but if this were a backdoor pilot for a TV series I would definitely watch it. The world had a lot of unexplored potential.

If I understood the bits and pieces of the backstory we got, the Orcs were followers of the Dark Lord in a war over 2000 years ago. I'm thinking one of the reasons they didn't spend a lot of time filling in the backstory was that when we hear the name "Dark Lord" we're supposed to think "Sauron". So it seems in this world the events of "Lord of the Rings" basically replaced the New Testament. (There was a line like "my ancestors killed thousands of Orcs back in Russia"). They figure the audience already knows a version of the backstory.

I don't think they mentioned what the Elves were doing in the "war", but assuming its based on LotR they were allied with the humans. There was a line that mentioned there were seven races in the war. We've seen humans, elves, orcs, centaurs, and I think they mentioned dwarves. There's probably some kind of generic off-brand "Hobbits" somewhere. We've also seen fairies, but these seem to be the equivalent to squirrels rather than a sentient race.

Edit: I also want to add that I thought the Orc sidekick was one of the better versions of the "weird creature" buddy cop sidekick stereotype that you used to see back in the 80's-90's.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I couldn’t agree more I absolutely loved this movie, it’s been a while since I watched a film and was genuinely having fun. I would give this a 9/10, this world is amazing and this could potentially be a trilogy or even more. You don’t even have to have the same characters. Brehs don’t listen to the critics this movie is a good film and a great world. Critics been smoking crack lately, give the last Jedi 93% but shyt all over this.
Loved the movie great chemistry . Love the way they brought up the worlds mythology . The training day he saved the gang members fsmily still leading to him getting killed :mjcry: but that resurrection ! My nicca blooded now

Breh13

Smh.
Supporter
Daps
It was a quick cut to. @Breh13 do you remember when that scene happens? I know it was morning but I'm struggling to remember what happened before the dragon sighting.
DQ2tnM8WkAAtR1n.jpg

I think around 52mins+

ThrobbingHood

Take from the b*tch, give to the whores.
Daps
I’m sure it has been mentioned in this thread but:

Elves: Jews/1%. They even make a joke about Elves doing manual labour as if it’s beneath them.

Humans: Middle to lower middle class.

Orcs: Working class/ Blacks and Hispanics.

Not that the hierarchy was in anyway subtle but I found it interesting.

Also the Internal Affairs agent made the comment about how Orcs can’t jump that high and they’re known more for their strength, hence why half of the NFL is filled with Orcs “it’s not racist it’s just genetics.”

There’s a lot more I’m trying to remember.

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
I fukk with this. It could've been really, really good; but, it's still good.

Will Smith has the goat yell/scream. :mjlol::dame:

I wonder how the dude that threw up in the back of the police car knew Will was a bright?
he was part of that shield organisation that will apparently save earth with the help of brights when the dark lord returns. Ppl thought he was crazy but he could probably see a glow or something around him. I like how they didn't full on explain that but I kept thinking he'd come thru at the end

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
not movies.

Netflix is good at docu-series, hit on feature length docs at about a 50% clip, and make good original programming that is all a few episodes too long. that's it. they stink at feature length movies. have not come close to cracking that code

Beasts of No Nation and Mudbound are both critically acclaimed dramas.

Other stuff like Burning Sands, 1922, and Message from the King were all pretty good.

Soundbwoy

Accept to take the L
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Montreal
I just saw on twitter this was the worst movie of 2017:dahell: I enjoyed the movie and the world they have created it could be a really a dope anthology

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I just saw on twitter this was the worst movie of 2017:dahell: I enjoyed the movie and the world they have created it could be a really a dope anthology

shyt like that is why it aint safe out here for movie critics right now.

I haven't even seen Bright yet, but I know damn well it can't be as bad as Baywatch, The Emoji Movie, Leatherface, or fukking GeoStorm.

Whoever said that is just some cocksucker looking for attention.