Bright (Will Smith, dir. David Ayer) thread

shadowking

All Star
Daps
I couldn’t agree more I absolutely loved this movie, it’s been a while since I watched a film and was genuinely having fun. I would give this a 9/10, this world is amazing and this could potentially be a trilogy or even more. You don’t even have to have the same characters. Brehs don’t listen to the critics this movie is a good film and a great world. Critics been smoking crack lately, give the last Jedi 93% but shyt all over this.

You're completely right!! Just finished it and my god the critics are way off.

There's literally 3 movies plus if they want to keep going. They can actually make a universe of this if they know what they're doing
I'd like to see a prequel... the initial orc who led the armies to defeat the dark lord originally will take maybe two movies or even the initial meeting of the species. God i would have made an awesome screenwriter :ohhh:

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’m sure it has been mentioned in this thread but:

Elves: Jews/1%. They even make a joke about Elves doing manual labour as if it’s beneath them.

Humans: Middle to lower middle class.

Orcs: Working class/ Blacks and Hispanics.

Not that the hierarchy was in anyway subtle but I found it interesting.

Also the Internal Affairs agent made the comment about how Orcs can’t jump that high and they’re known more for their strength, hence why half of the NFL is filled with Orcs “it’s not racist it’s just genetics.”

There’s a lot more I’m trying to remember.

Yea I dont think most people paid attention to the underlining social commentary but the movie hints at all these things. First thing I thought of when they went through the Elf part of the city was "they're pretty much Jews" :manny:

Orcs are like Native Americans/Aboriginals in Australia to me. It's crazy how they were even slaughtered back in the day by humans too in the movie.

The back story with the orcs/darklord/elves kinda resembles the bible though especially with references to the darklord being defeated 2000 years ago. It'll be interesting how they spin it for the sequel.

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
I will say, I'd rather they keep this as a set of movies and not a tv show. Just so they can keep up the production values and not water down the story. This really works as a fun simple action movie.

Gus Money

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
7/10
Corrupt ass critics aint shyt. shytting on this but loving garbage ass Last Jedi.
Can't wait for the sequel :ehh:

edit: 90% audience score on RT :leon:
It's wild to me that critics was sucking off star wars and fans killed it, but the opposite happened for this one. This movie was dope as fukk
I was just thinking about the difference between the audience score and critic score on RT. I don't trust critic scores anymore, especially after the latest Star Wars ratings. They're judging a movie based on completely different things vs what an average consumer is looking for.

Not a bad movie at all. I'll catch the sequel for sure.

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
I’m sure it has been mentioned in this thread but:

Elves: Jews/1%. They even make a joke about Elves doing manual labour as if it’s beneath them.

Humans: Middle to lower middle class.

Orcs: Working class/ Blacks and Hispanics.

Not that the hierarchy was in anyway subtle but I found it interesting.

Also the Internal Affairs agent made the comment about how Orcs can’t jump that high and they’re known more for their strength, hence why half of the NFL is filled with Orcs “it’s not racist it’s just genetics.”

There’s a lot more I’m trying to remember.
He said that's why they're offensive linemen in the NFL not that they make up half the NFL.

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Petty Vandross.. fukk Yall
Yea I dont think most people paid attention to the underlining social commentary but the movie hints at all these things. First thing I thought of when they went through the Elf part of the city was "they're pretty much Jews" :manny:

Orcs are like Native Americans/Aboriginals in Australia to me. It's crazy how they were even slaughtered back in the day by humans too in the movie.

The back story with the orcs/darklord/elves kinda resembles the bible though especially with references to the darklord being defeated 2000 years ago. It'll be interesting how they spin it for the sequel.
This was my thinking..
More with Native Americans side of the game..