Bright (Will Smith, dir. David Ayer) thread

Conz

Superstar
Daps
"Max Landis gets too much shyt"

:mjlol:

Guy wrote one "okay" movie in chronicle and everything since has been complete ass.

Same guy who claims he got into Hollywood legit on his own talents and it's just a coincidence his daddy had major connections with the people who gave him his first writing jobs :laff:

Max Landis is white privilege personified.

Minimally talented,blames everybody else,skates by with almost no scrutiny,only has his job because of who he is connected to and is completely oblivious to his privilege.

No wonder why that weirdo cac Conz likes him because ConZ himself is a stereotypical reddit type of cac who hates women and thinks foreign audiences are dumb.:mjlol:

Well, I like the "craft" of screenwriting and envy the story crafting skills Max Landis has... yes, "skills." Professional screenwriters write tons of shyt, and are lucky to have one actually hit the big screen, so i never judge them on what gets made. For every script of Landis's that gets made, there are like 25 that don't. Dude is a frantic writer - and yeah, he can afford to be due to his upbringing, but he's earned his keep. He has. If you think he's hung around this long selling pitches and running shows, etc bc his dad made some classic movies 40 years ago, you're nuts. John Landis is a Hollywood ghost at this point.

Like I said, i think he's a grade A jackass, who is annoying as fukk, but the dude can pitch a fukkin story with the best of them. Also, he sold Bright for like $3mm, b/c A. Netflix still absolutely sucks at making original movies and have money leaking out their a$$holes, and B. Foreign Audiences ARE dumb(so are fukkin domestic audiences.) Dude understands and takes advantage of a "stupid" industry too. Some schmuck exec probably got all starry eyed when this flamboyant chimp Landis was bouncing around his office acting out gun fights between a rough and tumble, wise cracking black cop in LA and some Lord of the Rings gangmembers. Dude's a salesman whether you hate him or not. I'm not trying to be his fukkin caper here, but people constantly pretend he has zero talent, which is just bullshyt.

And again, David Ayer was fukkin hit or miss before that diarrhea bomb Suicide Squad. He struck gold with Training Day, then wrote a bunch of shyttier Training Days and a solid WW2 movie about a Tank. End of Watch and especially Harsh Times are overrated as fukk. Harsh Times is fukkin terrible. SWAT sucked. Who the hell even saw Sabotage? He did a pass on the Landis script, and i guarantee he's the one that made it worse off.

(I don't "hate" women either - if anything i hate the recent bullshyt trend of pandering to women, which in turn makes everything made for and by them bulletproof. "This movie sucks." "Well, you're just a mysogonist!!"

oh and I'm not a Reddit guy. I still don't even really understand Reddit)

Last edited:

86\*/98

Chef Will Equilibrar Òkùnkùn
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sparking blunts in the shade.
I’m glad some of Y’all liked this. I for one thought it was painful to get through. The plot was all over the place and rushed, and characters weren’t developed well. This felt like a movie on the sci-fi channel I woke up halfway through and didn’t turn because I was too lazy to find the remote. I hope it’s just me that feels this way, because I think Will needs a win right about now.