Bright (Will Smith, dir. David Ayer) thread

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
as far as i know, this didn't start as a Netflix production... and i still haven't watched it to be fair, but i knew it would be mentioned, b/c it's been their crutch for 3 years now. Bright is their "most ambitious" original to date, and basically every feature film with a "Netflix" tag on it prior has just been a glorified 2010s version of a straight to DVD movie. They haven't come close to cracking this code yet. They aren't a legit player in the movie game until they have a string of movies that don't seem like cheap Netflix movies. Curious to see where they go from here.
This doesn't make sense to me. There's movies in theater that look cheap (most horror movies like don't breathe or lights out) so why does Netflix have to make movies that look like blockbusters? At the end of the day they aren't a juggernaut. They not putting 100mil budget movies out. BoNN looks fukking unbelievable. The Obama flick looked clean. Spectral looked as good as Chappie in a sense. Death note, war machine, and geralds game all looked like something in the theater. Movies like wonder and just getting started are in the theater right now and u saying Netflix shyt look cheap :heh:....gtfoh :camby:

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
This doesn't make sense to me. There's movies in theater that look cheap (most horror movies like don't breathe or lights out) so why does Netflix have to make movies that look like blockbusters? At the end of the day they aren't a juggernaut. They not putting 100mil budget movies out. BoNN looks fukking unbelievable. The Obama flick looked clean. Spectral looked as good as Chappie in a sense. Death note, war machine, and geralds game all looked like something in the theater. Movies like wonder and just getting started are in the theater right now and u saying Netflix shyt look cheap :heh:....gtfoh :camby:
BoNn was bought by netflix not produced but i agree for the most part. There is no real difference in my book between a typical netflix movie and something like boyhood or room yet ppl have conditioned themselves to the latter are some high quality film making cuz of that academy pull:stopitslime:

Conz

Superstar
Daps
yes. yes i am.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
I WANT this to be good. I didn't realize how much I missed Alien Nation, and that's what this this superficially resembles.
I'll probably try to give it a shot, but my hopes are not too high.

I suppose it could end up something like "Marco Polo", where the critical reception was that it was trash but everyone I talked to in real life who saw it loved it.

FLATOP

Superstar
Daps
Whyd will take Deadshot all superhero roles smh. Mustve seen John Wick too many times. A good Marvel/DC movie mightve been his comeback

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
"Max Landis gets too much shyt"

:mjlol:

Guy wrote one "okay" movie in chronicle and everything since has been complete ass.

Same guy who claims he got into Hollywood legit on his own talents and it's just a coincidence his daddy had major connections with the people who gave him his first writing jobs :laff:

Max Landis is white privilege personified.

Minimally talented,blames everybody else,skates by with almost no scrutiny,only has his job because of who he is connected to and is completely oblivious to his privilege.

No wonder why that weirdo cac Conz likes him because ConZ himself is a stereotypical reddit type of cac who hates women and thinks foreign audiences are dumb.:mjlol:

Last edited:

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
The problem with Netflix's movie format is that they have no quality control. They don't have producers checking the quality to see if a movie is good or not like at a normal Hollywood studio because they don't need the Box Office to make more movies. Them spending 90M on a movie is chump change when they're making 11B a year off of subscribers.