Bright (Will Smith, dir. David Ayer) thread

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
not movies.

Netflix is good at docu-series, hit on feature length docs at about a 50% clip, and make good original programming that is all a few episodes too long. that's it. they stink at feature length movies. have not come close to cracking that code
beasts-of-no-nation-1024x576.jpg

But let me guess, you're in the minority right?

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Netflix has made plenty of good movies.

I actually feel like they've been hitting their stride lately on that front.

They even have some slept on stuff like shimmer lake.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
once you get past the fact its a bait and switch and the movie is really about the white family its a good waych. So was gerald's game, ppl bytch just to bytch
cool, between the 2 of you, you've named 3 movies.

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
cool, between the 2 of you, you've named 3 movies.
They have a bunch of decent to good movies breh

My memory isn’t good so i can tname them all without looking thru my que but off the top of my head

Beast of No Nation
What Happened to Monday
Mudbound
Geralds Game
ARQ
Sand Castle
Spectral
Burning Sands
Shimmer Lake
Hush

I know im forgetting some but Netflix has really stepped it up with the movies the past 2 years

Most of the movies they put out now are atleast decent.They aren’t terrible like they were a couple years ago

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
People are destroying this movie...saying it's str8 garbage and shyt:huhldup:

Once again ANOTHER Will Smith fukk up :mjlol:

That's what u get for not making The Last Pharaoh when u could dumb ass nikka:ufdup:

I think the big Willy science fiction formula has ran it's course. It hasn't been workin since he dropped that project with his son. I think big will should start doing some more Action rated R movies and maybe comedies like his wife did with girls night. Black comedy movies have been missing for a minute and I think this is a lane he could tap into. A male version of girls trip with Will Smith, Eddie Murphy, Chris tucker and Jamie Foxx could work.

But all in all he need to stop with these fukk nikka movies and drop a Bad Boys 3 before anything

Conz

Superstar
Daps
beasts-of-no-nation-1024x576.jpg

But let me guess, you're in the minority right?

as far as i know, this didn't start as a Netflix production... and i still haven't watched it to be fair, but i knew it would be mentioned, b/c it's been their crutch for 3 years now. Bright is their "most ambitious" original to date, and basically every feature film with a "Netflix" tag on it prior has just been a glorified 2010s version of a straight to DVD movie. They haven't come close to cracking this code yet. They aren't a legit player in the movie game until they have a string of movies that don't seem like cheap Netflix movies. Curious to see where they go from here.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
btw, i probably said it already, but the Max Landis script for Bright isn't bad. it's completely stupid obviously, but still solid. I have no doubt David Ayer's re-write killed a lot of what was good about it. Max Landis gets too much shyt. he's a hyperactive jackass, but he writes interesting shyt. for the most part.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
They have a bunch of decent to good movies breh

My memory isn’t good so i can tname them all without looking thru my que but off the top of my head

Beast of No Nation
What Happened to Monday
Mudbound
Geralds Game
ARQ
Sand Castle
Spectral
Burning Sands
Shimmer Lake
Hush

I know im forgetting some but Netflix has really stepped it up with the movies the past 2 years

Most of the movies they put out now are atleast decent.They aren’t terrible like they were a couple years ago
they all still FEEL like cheapass Netflix movies. If you played them against actual theatrical movies without production company cards, people would pick out the Netflix movie 10x out of 10. They're barely making shyt that's better than a made for network cable network.

I'll check out Mudbound soon.