Brief Breakdown Of All The Black Lives Sean Combs Has Destroyed

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
nikkas that think like u is why we as a people ain't nowhere in this world/industry...I would literally hate to meet some of u grimey nikkas on this site in real life..
People that think like me?
That's how shyt works, that's how you buy your house, that's why the value of your house might've increased or decreased and on.
All type of deals, trade; national, international, private etc and on is done..

If I offer 5 dollars for a house and the seller accepts, the house is worth 5 dollars (given all relevant information) when we sign the contract. If I later sell it a million bucks, it's worth a million bucks (given all relevant information).
That's how it is, how it was and how it will be. And the lox were worth whatever motherfukkers paid for them, same with anyone else who signed a deal.

Later on you might find out that they actually were worth more (like Big) but you didn't have all the relevant information or you might find out that they are worth less (Like Papoose and Kreayshawn).

People who think like me are the people who run the industry (at least we took the same basic econ courses at the same type of schools). People who think like you are the ones getting fukked for their publishing.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
People that think like me?
That's how shyt works, that's how you buy your house, that's why the value of your house might've increased or decreased and on.
All type of deals, trade; national, international, private etc and on is done..

If I offer 5 dollars for a house and the seller accepts, the house is worth 5 dollars (given all relevant information) when we sign the contract. If I later sell it a million bucks, it's worth a million bucks (given all relevant information).
That's how it is, how it was and how it will be. And the lox were worth whatever motherfukkers paid for them, same with anyone else who signed a deal.

Later on you might find out that they actually were worth more (like Big) but you didn't have all the relevant information or you might find out that they are worth less (Like Papoose and Kreayshawn).

People who think like me are the people who run the industry (at least we took the same basic econ courses at the same type of schools). People who think like you are the ones getting fukked for their publishing.
nikka SHUT THE fukk UP...lol..let me ask u something..have u EVER read a music contract?...I mean EVER?...I was being taught how to read them..and if u not some lawyer nikka...9 times outta 10 u gonna get got...all the fukkin double talk in them contracts would make ur head spin..u think these nikkas was TOLD they was gonna get so little right from jump?..NO...these nikkas is from the hood..and mad impressionable..and nikkas like Diddy did what these snakes do best...TOOK ADVANTAGE...these are fukkin PEOPLE u idiot..NOT cars...and u wonder why I say people like u?...u sitting here treating people like products and feel like theres absolutely nothing wrong with that...get it?..got it?..good...theres a such thing as looking out for the companies interest...I understand people are taking risk when tryna put u on....BUT theres a such thing as being completely shady individual as well..everyone this nikka Diddy has dealt with that helped him build his shyt basically either stopped fukkin wit him...or fukkin bums...its gonna to the point where I can literally call how a business deal with Diddy is gonna go...and fukked up part is..not only does he fukk u over..but once ur released...the nikka fukkin blackballs u from moving further..yea..real stand up guy that dude Diddy is...fukk out my face wit this bs fam...I literally been around it..also...Diddy knew exactly what Biggie was worth..that's why he fought to get him...cause Biggie was being brought to different places...same reason why DMX didnt fukk wit Diddy...Diddy didn't want shyt to do with X...then X started buzzing and Def Jam wanted him...Diddy then turns around and says whatever Def Jam offers he can double it...DMX told him to fukk outta here...cause he knew he didn't truly believe in his shyt...which is why DMX went on to be as successful as he was...and don't even bring up the drugs shyt..he did that to himself...but before Def Jam switched gears they showed X mad love up there..

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
nikka SHUT THE fukk UP...lol..let me ask u something..have u EVER read a music contract?...I mean EVER?...I was being taught how to read them..and if u not some lawyer nikka...9 times outta 10 u gonna get got...all the fukkin double talk in them contracts would make ur head spin..u think these nikkas was TOLD they was gonna get so little right from jump?..NO...these nikkas is from the hood..and mad impressionable..and nikkas like Diddy did what these snakes do best...TOOK ADVANTAGE...these are fukkin PEOPLE u idiot..NOT cars...and u wonder why I say people like u?...u sitting here treating people like products and feel like theres absolutely nothing wrong with that...get it?..got it?..good...theres a such thing as looking out for the companies interest...I understand people are taking risk when tryna put u on....BUT theres a such thing as being completely shady individual as well..everyone this nikka Diddy has dealt with that helped him build his shyt basically either stopped fukkin wit him...or fukkin bums...its gonna to the point where I can literally call how a business deal with Diddy is gonna go...and fukked up part is..not only does he fukk u over..but once ur released...the nikka fukkin blackballs u from moving further..yea..real stand up guy that dude Diddy is...fukk out my face wit this bs fam...I literally been around it..also...Diddy knew exactly what Biggie was worth..that's why he fought to get him...cause Biggie was being brought to different places...same reason why DMX didnt fukk wit Diddy...Diddy didn't want shyt to do with X...then X started buzzing and Def Jam wanted him...Diddy then turns around and says whatever Def Jam offers he can double it...DMX told him to fukk outta here...cause he knew he didn't truly believe in his shyt...which is why DMX went on to be as successful as he was...and don't even bring up the drugs shyt..he did that to himself...but before Def Jam switched gears they showed X mad love up there..
Show me that Lox had a better offer than what Puff gave them, and definitely show me that Dep and Rob had better offers and we can talk. There were no other offers, so either they got nothing or they took what's given. People, machines, food everything is treated the same, the only difference is that there is different regulation, laws, consequences etc regarding people.

That's how it goes sometimes, no one wanted to sign Jay to a real deal so he started his own shyt. Other motherfukkers take these weak deals cause 100k, sneakers, rav4s and whatever the fukk and a chance to make millions is better than nothing. Unless you believe in your craft enough to say no to average deals. Like Ye who went outside of Def Jam and shopped for deals, no one gave him shyt so he settled for a weak deal at Def Jam (Which might've been renegotiated to keep him happy for the future).

And no I'm not a lawyer nor do I study law, I have about 5 years of studies including financial economics though which means that I understand how and why deals are made in the fashion they are made. Dudes are in here acting like this unregulated business is supposed to be charity or something.

Last edited:

RenAi!

Half RenAi, Half Amazin'.
Daps
Reppin
TOKYO, Taitou-Ku.
Diddy knew exactly what Biggie was worth..that's why he fought to get him...cause Biggie was being brought to different places...same reason why DMX didnt fukk wit Diddy...

In the book, The Big Payback: The History of the Business of Hip Hop, it clearly states that Big was trying to leave bad boy because he was getting screwed, and Puff wouldn't let him out of his contract. In puff's words, 'that's what [andre harrell] taught me to do!':krs:

VladTheImpaler

The Sensational Prince
Daps
Reppin
The Palace of Eternal Sun

Interesting points here but I had to pull the brakes when you said DMX....wasn't DMX complaining years ago that he sold millions of albums but had no money to show for it....this was before his drug habit.... but otherwise....interesting read....and then I guess that is the industry.

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Brehs, how did I forget. In 1997 Steve Harvey invited Puff & Snoop to his show where they "squashed the east-west beef". On that set, Puff dapped up Merlin Santana. That same Merlin Santana (New York cat) flew out to LA in 2002 (Puff said it was cool out there) and got shot up in a car. Coincidence? :comeon: Another black life lost :wow:

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
Interesting points here but I had to pull the brakes when you said DMX....wasn't DMX complaining years ago that he sold millions of albums but had no money to show for it....this was before his drug habit.... but otherwise....interesting read....and then I guess that is the industry.
DMX's issue with money was his own fault..Def Jam showed X mad love..

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
Nah I remember X saying he made Def Jam 100 million and only got 3

Not that 3 mill aint shyt and maybe he meant after taxes and deductions but still tho
I mean maybe so but that nikka was talking bout how he missed the old Def Jam days n shyt..the nikka made them mad bread no doubt I'm not sure bout 100 Milli...atleast he got millions out of the deal..u got artists who walk away with like 25 g's after selling multiplat..none of these companies are TRULY fair but there's some instances where the artists gets completely fukked over...Diddy is the type of nikka that will force u to put his whips in ur video..force u to have him in ur video..and charge u for all that shyt..

JQ Legend

Veteran
Daps
I mean maybe so but that nikka was talking bout how he missed the old Def Jam days n shyt..the nikka made them mad bread no doubt I'm not sure bout 100 Milli...atleast he got millions out of the deal..u got artists who walk away with like 25 g's after selling multiplat..none of these companies are TRULY fair but there's some instances where the artists gets completely fukked over...Diddy is the type of nikka that will force u to put his whips in ur video..force u to have him in ur video..and charge u for all that shyt..

I feel u for the most part

But X definitely made Def Jam over 100 million just off his first 3 albums alone

Prolly overall made them closer to 200 million than 100 million in total

But yea record deals are a gift and a curse

Helps an artist get their shyt out there but they'll be making everyone else richer than themselves

For an artist to walk away with millions is a blessing

I'd still say only 3 out of 100 is a screwjob but most artists signed to record deals dont even make a fraction of that from royalty checks

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
I feel u for the most part

But X definitely made Def Jam over 100 million just off his first 3 albums alone

Prolly overall made them closer to 200 million than 100 million in total

But yea record deals are a gift and a curse

Helps an artist get their shyt out there but they'll be making everyone else richer than themselves

For an artist to walk away with millions is a blessing

I'd still say only 3 out of 100 is a screwjob but most artists signed to record deals dont even make a fraction of that from royalty checks
Oh yea definitely...ur right about that..