"BRICK CITY" THE OFFICIAL NEWARK DISCUSSION THREAD

skeetsinternal

I never see my nut
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cervixes
not driving at all...taking the bus to newark penn station from boston..will mostly taking the light rail or bus to prudential center from where im staying...whats the public transportation there or around prudential center like late night? im not sure what time ill be out and im not planning on doing any prowling around or shyt like that afterwards lol.

Gully af. That's why I said Uber. Fight start at 7:30 I think so more than likely you on the train or light rail around 5 pm. Security is tight in that area which is for the cacs and their hockey stadium actually. Newark I wouldn't advise venturing off, nikkas is grimey. If you do anything, head to Hoboken or Jersey City

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Gully af. That's why I said Uber. Fight start at 7:30 I think so more than likely you on the train or light rail around 5 pm. Security is tight in that area which is for the cacs and their hockey stadium actually. Newark I wouldn't advise venturing off, nikkas is grimey. If you do anything, head to Hoboken or Jersey City

good looks

yeah so im prolly going to use light rail going to and from newark penn station since both times it will be during the day..use light rail going to prudential center since its during the day...i just saw on the prudential center site so ill take your advice and use uber at night....they said there is an pick up/drop off uber zone on their site

ubermap.png

Uber Zone
Uber is the official rideshare partner of Prudential Center. Getting to the action is now easier than ever with our designated pickup and drop-off area just east of Investors Bank Tower. When heading to Prudential Center, ask your driver to follow in-app navigation directions and the signs to the drop-off area on Edison Place, between Mulberry Street and McCarter Highway.

skeetsinternal

I never see my nut
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cervixes
good looks

yeah so im prolly going to use light rail going to and from newark penn station since both times it will be during the day..use light rail going to prudential center since its during the day...i just saw on the prudential center site so ill take your advice and use uber at night....they said there is an pick up/drop off uber zone on their site
Yea cuz after you take the light rail you walking for a min to stadium. Between Penn Station and Stadium is a space and opportunity, if you get my drift

Yinny

I miss LLC Twitter
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
Have y'all seen the No Panhandling signs out here around McCarter Highway and other high traffic areas?

Fines are $50 for divers, $500 for panhandlers

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Have y'all seen the No Panhandling signs out here around McCarter Highway and other high traffic areas?

Fines are $50 for divers, $500 for panhandlers
wait, what?

This is along the lines of when Rudy Guiliani got rid of squeegee men in NYC right before he cleaned up Times Square in the 1990s. Can people still sell the Star Ledger on the street, though?

Yinny

I miss LLC Twitter
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
wait, what?

This is along the lines of when Rudy Guiliani got rid of squeegee men in NYC right before he cleaned up Times Square in the 1990s. Can people still sell the Star Ledger on the street, though?

I believe so, I think it was to address those guys in the street begging for money.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Yea cuz after you take the light rail you walking for a min to stadium. Between Penn Station and Stadium is a space and opportunity, if you get my drift

word...well im not going from penn station to prudential at any point...military park station i think is the closest light rail stop to prudential center..whats it like around military park station?

Newark88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Newark, NJ
word...well im not going from penn station to prudential at any point...military park station i think is the closest light rail stop to prudential center..whats it like around military park station?

Saturday is also going to be the Afro Beat festival at military park during the day, if you're looking for something to do in between time.

skeetsinternal

I never see my nut
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cervixes

Around military park is OK. You just got a bit of a walk down the "ok" side of Broad St, down the other end I would not advise. Saturday night coming back it's lonely around Military park, but maybe not if there is an event at Prudential. You might see a few locals, homeless etc. I'll drive pass there tomorrow night on my way to work to see how things are or if they changed

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
newark was interesting....i swear i must have had something on my forehead that said ask for me change.esp when i was making my way back home...at the light rail station with a bum on 2 separate occasions follow me a couple blocks pleading their case..and then at greyhound station some fetty wap ass cat with a chain around his neck rolls up to me while im trying to eat a breakfast sandwich first asks me the time when there was a clock on the wall..then asks me in a low ass voice if i had change :beli:..well at least i didnt have to knock anybody out although one of the bums came very close to catching hands..overall it was a good time at the fights at prudential :ehh:

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
newark was interesting....i swear i must have had something on my forehead that said ask for me change.esp when i was making my way back home...at the light rail station with a bum on 2 separate occasions follow me a couple blocks pleading their case..and then at greyhound station some fetty wap ass cat with a chain around his neck rolls up to me while im trying to eat a breakfast sandwich first asks me the time when there was a clock on the wall..then asks me in a low ass voice if i had change :beli:..well at least i didnt have to knock anybody out although one of the bums came very close to catching hands..overall it was a good time at the fights at prudential :ehh:
greyhound station in Newark or at Port Authority(nyc)?

I love many things about Newark, but the thing I will always hate is that you have to put that mask/ game face on when you go through certain areas.