Daps
Reppin
Cervixes

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Question, coming from Newark did you ever use to look at other urban cities in Jersey as being country? I remember as a kid, we use to look at places like Elizabeth and Plainfield as being that. @Get These Nets @Dip @skeetsinternal @newarkhiphop @feelosofer @krackdagawd

not country, but soft...and not just other urban areas.....the rest of jersey (outside of e.o.)

played sports and did academic activities, so i traveled a lot to other cities as a student
did notice that other places didn't pick up clothing styles and trends as fast as we did..they'd have on gear and sneakers that were hot 6 months ago....

other places in jersey looked at everybody from newark as criminals and scum.....felt good leaving holding the trophies and wondering how those kids would explain losing to some kids from newark......

Last edited:

Newark88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Newark, NJ
When I was a kid, I use to think Plainfield was the burbs because I had family who moved to the sleep hollow section out there. But once I start moving around I realized that was furthest from the truth.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Question, coming from Newark did you ever use to look at other urban cities in Jersey as being country? I remember as a kid, we use to look at places like Elizabeth and Plainfield as being that. @Get These Nets @Dip @skeetsinternal @newarkhiphop @feelosofer @krackdagawd

Elizabeth I thought was urban. Plainfield was a little bit but thats partially because I got a lot of fam over there on my dads side and they were all from Georgia and in the 80s it wasn't that bad of a town. Shyt over there started going downhill when the Bloods and particularly the Crips started having a heavier presence in the late 90s. My grandparents lived there until 3 years ago but the thugs never messed with them in part because of my grandma feeding those kids over the years and our heavy presence in the community and they were in the rougher part of town.

Dolla$

Minus the bullsh*t...life's great
Daps
Brehs, i got two questions.

1. I’m helping my shorty find an apt either in Newark or Irvington(preferably Newark) what areas should i stay away from?

2. Anyone went to NJIT, how was it? Thinking about enrolling

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law

1. I’m helping my shorty find an apt either in Newark or Irvington(preferably Newark) what areas should i stay away from?

For #1 certain blocks/hoods will be better or worse than others but as someone whose been in it often enough via family, friends, and going to high school in the city I'd say the South and Central Wards in general (though the Central Ward is where all the Downtown gentrification is going on). Dudes who spent their whole upbringing there will be able to tell you which specific blocks are straight up no-nos especially for a female living on her own.

AB Ziggy

Banned
Daps

1. Stay away from below Clinton Avenue

2. Never went there but know quite a few old classmates from HS who did. It's a pretty decent school when it comes to education for STEM, but it's a huge sausage fest and it's heavily commuters than on campus residents.

daboywonder2002

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
minnesota
1. How much does car insurance actually run you ?

2. Is Jersey worth it if you aren't going to New york constantly? New york of course is just that. New york. But can I find enough to do in Jersey without getting bored? Shopping, clubs, bars, things to do with kids.

K-Apps

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brick City/Happy Valley

I went to summer school a few times at Newark Academy and I would have to take the 70 bus all the way to Livingston Mall. Seeing suburban towns like Millburn and Summit was a trip to me as kid. It was all nice, clean and quaint, felt like I was in another state or country than Newark or NYC.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.

You indirectly answered your first question.
For anybody who is an outsider...all things considered, the area where all the colleges converge is probably the best place to rent. Definitely some of the safest blocks in the city.

Are you a New Yorker?

Dolla$

Minus the bullsh*t...life's great
Daps
You indirectly answered your first question.
For anybody who is an outsider...all things considered, the area where all the colleges converge is probably the best place to rent. Definitely some of the safest blocks in the city.

Are you a New Yorker?
O iite. But yea i live in Jersey City tho

Newark88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Newark, NJ
2 bodies found at Weequahic park lake over the weekend.

Two bodies found in lake in Newark park
Updated Mar 3; Posted Mar 3

0shares

By Taylor Tiamoyo Harris

tharris@njadvancemedia.com,

NJ Advance Media for NJ.com

Authorities say two bodies were found in a lake in Weequahic Park Saturday.

The woman and man, both who have not been identified, were pulled from the lake after authorities were called to the area over reports of a body floating in the lake, according to Thomas Fennelly, the agency's chief assistant prosecutor.

The woman was found first and pronounced dead at 11:25 a.m., authorities said in a release.

The man was found later as Essex County Sheriff's officers and Newark firefighters searched the lake and park. He was pronounced dead at 3:03 p.m., the release said.

The cause and manner of death will be determined by an autopsy by the Regional Medical Examiner's Office, Fennelly said.

Both incidents are being investigated by the prosecutor's office.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
2 bodies found at Weequahic park lake over the weekend.

Updated Mar 3; Posted Mar 3

0shares

By Taylor Tiamoyo Harris

tharris@njadvancemedia.com,

NJ Advance Media for NJ.com

Authorities say two bodies were found in a lake in Weequahic Park Saturday.

The woman and man, both who have not been identified, were pulled from the lake after authorities were called to the area over reports of a body floating in the lake, according to Thomas Fennelly, the agency's chief assistant prosecutor.

The woman was found first and pronounced dead at 11:25 a.m., authorities said in a release.

The man was found later as Essex County Sheriff's officers and Newark firefighters searched the lake and park. He was pronounced dead at 3:03 p.m., the release said.

The cause and manner of death will be determined by an autopsy by the Regional Medical Examiner's Office, Fennelly said.

Both incidents are being investigated by the prosecutor's office.

Sadly, they're taking it back to the old school. When I was in high school there were rumors of bodies being found there all the time.

For some reason, reading this story , I think they were killed outside of Essex County, driven and dumped there .

K-Apps

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brick City/Happy Valley
EXCLUSIVE: Developers Seek to Construct Newark’s Tallest Building | Jersey Digs

For the last several decades, the skyline of Downtown Newark has largely been the same. Despite a recent increase in development in the heart of New Jersey’s largest city, the National Newark Building has retained its position as the tallest building in Newark, a title it has held since it was completed 87 years ago. However, Jersey Digs has learned that two developers are in the preliminary stages of a proposal to construct a new high-rise tower within a stone’s throw of the National Newark Building that would be the highest in Essex County if approved.

Although a source who spoke under the condition of anonymity was unable to release the exact address where this new 42-story building is being proposed, they confirmed that it would be on Broad Street in the middle of Newark’s Central Business District near the Four Corners, Prudential’s headquarters, and Military Park. It is set to contain 9,000 square feet of commercial space on the ground floor with 480 residential units on the upper floors. In addition, a rooftop amenity space would be provided for residents of the high-rise.

Carmelo Garcia, Newark’s Acting Deputy Mayor for Economic and Housing Development, said that 20 percent of the units in the development would be designated as “affordable housing” if the project is given approval by the Newark Central Planning Board. He described this building as an “anchor catalytic project” for the city that has been in the works for over a year.

“It will compliment (sic) the skyline of our city and really add value to what we’re attracting downtown and around the city,” Garcia explained, adding that “we’re thrilled that in working with them [the developers], they’ve embedded the 20 percent affordability requirement and that they’ve provided a design that really mirrors the strategy of the redevelopment that we’ve been looking for in Newark.”

Jersey Digs will keep you updated as additional information, including renderings and the exact address, are revealed for this proposal.