winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
lol your analogies are the WORSTTTT.

Yes...yes, it does. Context matters.
My analogies are purposely distracting to throw off simple minded people who can't get past the distractive content and see the parallel to the actual event.

People are doing the same thing across two different games. In one game because people relate to playing it the activity is approved because people don't want to admit that they've sought out doing the same activity that they're condemning in another game.

I'll do a simpler analogy. If I go to McDonalds to get a fish sandwich and Bob goes to get a hamburger but instead orders a fish sandwich at the last minute it doesn't really matter why Bob went he still came away with the same sandwich I did.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
My analogies are purposely distracting to throw off simple minded people who can't get past the distractive content and see the parallel to the actual event.

People are doing the same thing across two different games. In one game because people relate to playing it the activity is approved because people don't want to admit that they've sought out doing the same activity that they're condemning in another game.

I'll do a simpler analogy. If I go to McDonalds to get a fish sandwich and Bob goes to get a hamburger but instead orders a fish sandwich at the last minute it doesn't really matter why Bob went he still came away with the same sandwich I did.
I am sorry to inform you, but YOU are the simple minded one here. You can't even make out the difference between this game and GTA. It is so clear that the simple minded people in your opinion can make it out and YOU can't.

Before you insult other people...look in the mirror.

Your McDonald's analogy is fukking AWFUL :laff:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I am sorry to inform you, but YOU are the simple

minded one here. You can't even make out the difference between this game and GTA. It is so clear that the simple minded people in your opinion can make it out and YOU can't.

Before you insult other people...look in the mirror.

Your McDonald's analogy is fukking AWFUL :laff:
I know the difference between this game and GTA. What I'm saying is deep down the guy acting out murderous rampages in GTA and the guy acting out murderous rampages in Hatred are acting out the same behavior. It doesn't matter why they came to the party. Once they're at the party they're there.

Your argument of I didn't buy this game for the specific purpose of acting out a murderous rampage so even though I use it for that at times its ok because I bought it for different reasons is absurd. My counter to that is why are you acting it out in a video game at all? If it's so disgusting you shouldn't want to do it in GTA or in Hatred.

You call my analogy awful break it down.

one guy goes to place x for purpose y but instead comes away with z
one guy goes to place x for purpose z and does z.

that's the analogy. how is it awful? It applies and is valid. your argument is the z that person 1 does is different than the z that person 2 does because person 1 went to place x for y in reality. my argument is in the end both people did z. prove i'm wrong.

NoMayo15

All Star
Daps
If I go to McDonalds to get a fish sandwich...

:russ::russ::russ::russ::russ:

What I'm saying is deep down the guy acting out murderous rampages in GTA and the guy acting out murderous rampages in Hatred are acting out the same behavior. It doesn't matter why they came to the party. Once they're at the party they're there.

What makes you think that everyone who plays GTA goes on murderous rampages?

There's a difference between killing random anonymous people walking along the street, and killing random anonymous criminals who are also actively trying to kill you. If you see no difference, and play anyway, well that says a lot about you as a person and a gamer.

Last edited:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
:russ::russ::russ::russ::russ:

What makes you think that everyone who plays GTA goes on murderous rampages?
Saying a lot of people do something isn't the same as saying everyone does it. But come on now you really gonna pretend like damn near everybody that has played a GTA game hasn't purposely went out and gotten a high star wanted level and killed as many cops and people as they could to see how long they'd last? Ran over civilians in a car instead of trying to avoid them and flat out killed innocents for no reason? It happens and it's common.

These shyts are video games. I'm not gonna run out of the house looking for the black materia because I did it in a game nor am I gonna pretend like there's something wrong with a person that plays a game where you kill people because hell in most games you kill people.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that doesn't see the hypocrisy of this.

NoMayo15

All Star
Daps
Saying a lot of people do something isn't the same as saying everyone does it. But come on now you really gonna pretend like damn near everybody that has played a GTA game hasn't purposely went out and gotten a high star wanted level and killed as many cops and people as they could to see how long they'd last? Ran over civilians in a car instead of trying to avoid them and flat out killed innocents for no reason? It happens and it's common.

These shyts are video games. I'm not gonna run out of the house looking for the black materia because I did it in a game nor am I gonna pretend like there's something wrong with a person that plays a game where you kill people because hell in most games you kill people.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that doesn't see the hypocrisy of this.

Well, I don't know how common it is,I'm sure many people do it. My only point is that it's not valid to compare this to other games where you kill because the context does matter. Sure, you kill people in Call of Duty and Battlefield, but it's simulating a battlefield. In GTA you simulate the life of a mafioso criminal. Hatred seems to be simulating psychopathic angst.

There's a difference between killing random anonymous people walking along the street, and killing random anonymous criminals who are also actively trying to kill you. And although GTA allows freedom to commit these crimes, it discourages it with the wanted levels, increasing difficulty the more egregiously you act. It seems like in Hatred, the only goal IS to kill anonymous people, with the player being rewarded.

The comparison fails because, although it may be common, you fallaciously assume that everyone who plays GTA does this sort of thing. In Hatred, everyone who plays would have to out of necessity in order to progress through the game.

*Edit* Here's an analogy for you. What you're doing is like someone saying no one should be disturbed by a snuff film. "We've all seen sex and violence portrayed in video format, right? So no one should be bothered by the plot of A Serbian Film"

Last edited:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
The comparison fails because, although it may be common, you fallaciously assume that everyone who plays GTA does this sort of thing. In Hatred, everyone who plays would have to out of necessity in order to progress through the game.
But I don't assume that. All I say it that it's a common occurrence. We all know it is.

Its no big deal. This isn't some deep expression of aspirations to be a mass murderer because you played a video game that is about that. People play video games that have them do stuff they'd never do in reality all the time. What I'm saying is if you're gonna make a guy playing Haterd about him and his mental state then make the mass murder sprees in GTA by millions of players about them and their mental states and stop trying to hide behind the fact that you can do more in the game than murder when we all know a high percentage of people are murdering for the novelty of it.

We've actually had people in real life killed by killers inspired by GTA. That's how common this is.

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't agree with winb that the games are the same, this one has other things going on, but I don't see why that matters.

In GTA the fact that you have a choice and its not the focus of the game makes it even worse that people STILL start murdering and running people over for no reason. Yeah you chose to smash that old ladys head through a window in sleeping dogs. That's worse lol. How can any one get on there high horse about one game when they are mowing down civilians in another

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I don't agree with winb that the games are the same, this one has other things going on, but I don't see why that matters.

In GTA the fact that you have a choice and its not the focus of the game makes it even worse that people STILL start murdering and running people over for no reason. Yeah you chose to smash that old ladys head through a window in sleeping dogs. That's worse lol. How can any one get on there high horse about one game when they are mowing down civilians in another
I'm not saying the games are the same. The morality in both is pretty grim but the act itself that's done in Hatred is something people have been acting out for years in GTA games.

Its silly to condemn it in one place but give it a pass in another. For the record I don't condemn either game but we clearly have a crowd that shyts on one and gives the other a pass.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
State of emergency as far as i can remember was just all out rioting and killing people.

Manhunt had you brutally murdering police.

This game looks terrible and i have zero interest in it but :dead: @ some people getting into a moral high ground about it.

To the rest of the population, who dont play video games, there is no difference between this or gta or any other violent game

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This game should be banned, its a disgrace...............Now let me go and fukk a hooker and run her over to get my cash back in GTA :troll:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
State of emergency as far as i can remember was just all out rioting and killing people.

Manhunt had you brutally murdering police.

This game looks terrible and i have zero interest in it but :dead: @ some people getting into a moral high ground about it.

To the rest of the population, who dont play video games, there is no difference between this or gta or any other violent game
To people with a brain their is. We don't like nazis who make games to make games where the selling point is to kill black people.

be back in a bit

All Star
Daps
If you can't see the difference between GTA and Hatred, you're a fukking idiot. Real talk. GTA is all tongue and cheek, and satire about its portrayal of the violence and America. Hatred is like, the perfect game for weird kids who want to shoot up schools. The dialogue in that trailer reads like the suicide note left by one of those fukks.