Brehs What Was It Like When Tekken 3 Dropped?

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
the tournament scene is helped by the internet which was too primitive to be of use in the 90s. the IPs are too niche now to have the same marketshare that 90s fighters had.

What’s your point? It’s still more popular just like every other genre since gaming has evolved. And titles like smash and DBZ aren’t niche. But the fact is there are more fighters now than just SF and MK of the 90s.

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
What’s your point? It’s still more popular just like every other genre since gaming has evolved. And titles like smash and DBZ aren’t niche. But the fact is there are more fighters now than just SF and MK of the 90s.
i dont consider smash to be the same thing, and DBZ is not an original fighter IP, it is licensed from other media. that doesnt prove the popularity of modern fighting games over the 90s which were typically original IP created for the genre and gaining all their popularity through millions of people actually playing that game, not watching anime or reading comics.

and the point is this tournament scene would not be what it is without the internet making it that way. the 90s didnt have that going for it.

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
i dont consider smash to be the same thing, and DBZ is not an original fighter IP, it is licensed from other media. that doesnt prove the popularity of modern fighting games over the 90s which were typically original IP created for the genre and gaining all their popularity through millions of people actually playing that game, not watching anime or reading comics.

and the point is this tournament scene would not be what it is without the internet making it that way. the 90s didnt have that going for it.

I still fail to find what point you are making and it seems like you are just arguing in semantics

Rhyme n Tekniq

Superstar
Daps
I've seen mad fights break out over MK1 and Street Fighter 2 in the arcades back then....

particularly when a uncouth disrespectful fukk nikka with no arcade etiquette would drop a quarter into the machine while a nikka fighting Goro or Shang T Sung

That was an automatic and immediate fight

"here comes a new challenger..."

nah, patna you finna run the fade, aint no match about to happen.

and this was as common an occurence than it should have been too

Tekken 2 is where I had my fondest memories. I mastered 85% the roster and use to clean nikka's pockets in T2, damn good times

But Tekken 3 was dope too

Another Man

Trappin w/ Benzino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Red Roof Inn
This. I have seen mad fisticuffs around Street Fighter in arcades. Saw one breh get his teeth knocked out cutting in line. Had me :huhldup: but I didn’t leave. I still had quarters in my pocket
Street fighter for real :laff:
Get punched in your shyt like breh did in the intro brehs

• Dap
Reactions: NZA

Doctor Doom

Rest in peace, Akira Toriyama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Latveria
:camby: :mjcry: :pacspit:

Pops had no mercy on this jawn when i was a youngin. First game that legit had me in tears cause pops was using King and chain grabbing me from 100-0% :pacspit: :pacspit: .

Urahara_Kisuke

12th Squad O.G.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
12th Squad
Street fighter for real :laff:
Get punched in your shyt like breh did in the intro brehs

"nikka, I know you didn't just...."

PoisedHeartyGibbon-size_restricted.gif