Brehs spending $2700/month to keep a Hellcat.

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
Dude thinks he's flexing, when in reality he looks like some dude who bought the most expensive fleshlight and is doing a tutorial on how to use it. You telling me dude couldn't have just bought an investment property or a few laundromats for $2700/month?

Romell

Superstar
Daps
I'm not paying $2700 for a domestic, not even a ZO6
I say that as a person who can cover that note with one check and probably still have enough left over to pay my half of my mortgage and bills
Working from home ain't helping either, it lowkey changed the way i even view cars. I might not turn my car on for 5 days straight some weeks now
Then these dudes buying these hellcats and what not are daily driving them. you can't even spin like it's an investment or whatever. It's no reasonable argument to own these jawns just to race from stop light to stop light in the hood
Why I sold my SS. I was basically paying for gas just to take my kids to school and pick them up. I mostly drove it on the weekend and that's IF my wife didn't want to drive. We're talking $50 a week + car note just to hear v8 noises.

And here I am thinking about getting the upcoming mustang refresh :snoop:

Last edited:
Daps
I'm big into cars, love em, but no way I can justify $2700/month unless I'm well into the 6 figures.:hubie: And that's not even tires or maintenance.

Not sure about this guy, but you can tell a lot of people living check to check for that supercharged V8:wow:

Not spending 2700 a month period, six figures or not

Y’all are game goofy

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
I'm not paying $2700 for a domestic, not even a ZO6
I say that as a person who can cover that note with one check and probably still have enough left over to pay my half of my mortgage and bills
Working from home ain't helping either, it lowkey changed the way i even view cars. I might not turn my car on for 5 days straight some weeks now
Then these dudes buying these hellcats and what not are daily driving them. you can't even spin like it's an investment or whatever. It's no reasonable argument to own these jawns just to race from stop light to stop light in the hood

I view cars as nothing more than conveyance. my car is a 2015 and has been paid off for a couple years now. the dealership said I could get 250-300K miles out of it, so that's my goal. so much money saved having a paid off car. I can take that car note money and save or invest it.

mind you, when I had a car note, it was only $300 a month, and I didn't like paying that even.

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
Why I sold my SS. I was basically paying for gas just to take my kids to school and pick them up. I mostly drove it on the weekend and that's IF my wife didn't want to drive. We're talking $50 a week + car note just to hear v8 noises.

And here I am thinking about getting the upcoming mustang refresh :snoop:

Man if you like fast cars, then buy the damn Mustang. Just don't go broke doing it. You should've kept the SS and paid it off. Used it for a future project car or something. Some of these V8s will sell for triple the value 15 years from now because electric will take over.

I'm just against spending so much if my other shyt ain't right like a nice ass house.

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
5-7 year note is permanent to never ending because most folk never payoff their cars in that time… after the 3rd year folk get tired of their cars and want something new so they end up trading in their car with negative equity for a new car loan with the negative equity added in which makes the payment even more money so now that 5-7 year loan now turns into a 8-10 year consecutive loan.. after 3 years of having the new car you trade it in again for a newer one never paying off the last two cars.. the negative equity in that one goes to the new loan and now your in a 15-17 year consecutive loan lmaooo

At least with a lease it’s 36 months and you can give the car back and never lease again.. You can walk away… Financing you are legit stuck unless your discipled enough to actually pay off that 5-7 year loan

It's about appreciating the smaller things. Most folks just want the newest of the new. Truth be told, these cars got too much power to really do anything unless you in the country. Even the Scat Pack got too much power. By the time you half throttle you at go straight to jail speeds.

I want to get a Camaro SS. 455hp & 6 Speed, that's all I need. Keep it simple and on the cheaper end, living pay check to pay check ain't worth it.

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
I view cars as nothing more than conveyance. my car is a 2015 and has been paid off for a couple years now. the dealership said I could get 250-300K miles out of it, so that's my goal. so much money saved having a paid off car. I can take that car note money and save or invest it.

mind you, when I had a car note, it was only $300 a month, and I didn't like paying that even.
yea I can't even tell brehs what kind of car I drive right now :russ:
I sold my infiniti during the pandemic car drought and took my girl beater. now i just can't justify buying a suitable car to put like 20 miles a week on it
guess you could argue NOW is the time to buy like a older gen 911 or M5 or something since it would essentially be a garage car but i can't do it

BaldingSoHard

Veteran
Daps
But it sounds like a permanent never ending car note
Leasing is great for a 2nd car if you already have one paid off.

Now is actually a pretty good time to lease as well, since car values are so volatile and there's no way to know where they'll be when the lease period is up. So if your car's value is higher than the projected value, buy it out and sell for a profit and if car values take a nosedive, you can just turn it in and walk away.

win/win