Brehs spending $2700/month to keep a Hellcat.

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
I'm not paying $2700 for a domestic, not even a ZO6
I say that as a person who can cover that note with one check and probably still have enough left over to pay my half of my mortgage and bills
Working from home ain't helping either, it lowkey changed the way i even view cars. I might not turn my car on for 5 days straight some weeks now
Then these dudes buying these hellcats and what not are daily driving them. you can't even spin like it's an investment or whatever. It's no reasonable argument to own these jawns just to race from stop light to stop light in the hood

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
Lease = good for higher end cars and people with stable careers/lucrative jobs. No one wants to "own" a Benz/BMW etc., because of the ridiculous maintenance costs you face once you get past 50k miles. Lease is good.

Own = for the reliable, dependable Asian rides that you plan on keeping until it hits 200k miles. If you're good about regular maintenance, ride it until the wheels fall off...you'll pay it off and be note free for a good chunk of the life of the car.
When that leased 2029 Dark Gray/Black S6 got the hoes saying gutentag :wow:

EffYou

Pissing excellence since 1995
Daps
Yikes:huhldup:

I definitely couldn't justify that unless I was WELL into 6 figures.

I looked up the Escalade V Series and they want over 200k for it:damn:
I rented a Escalade and fell in love with that shyt , but when I looked up the price of actually owning it … I’d have to make too many sacrifices in my quality of living for that mothafukka …. Rip :mjcry:

Buckeye Fever

YOU WILL ALL HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hip-Hop Since '79
I rented a Escalade and fell in love with that shyt , but when I looked up the price of actually owning it … I’d have to make too many sacrifices in my quality of living for that mothafukka …. Rip :mjcry:
I need to hit one of these parlays:mjcry:

Ain't many of the new ones in my city, but a I saw a white chick driving one. That is a big beautiful vehicle:whew:

etrofllenrod504

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
$2700 for that? :what:Damn interior look like it needed a refresh 10yrs ago. Now way in hell I’d give that to dodge when there are better overall quality vehicles for that price point.

Daps
2700 a month is a mortgage on a NICE house. In a NICE area.

This is the dumbest shyt imaginable. All to hit over 90mph once a month or so? Cut that payment down by 65% and just get a turbocharged sedan.
Honestly a lot of these dudes should just take these rides to the track in their cities where they can actually race this cars away from city streets.......

But most of these dudes have zero interest in actual racing. They just wanna burn past a couple of nikkas on one street and stunt at the club.

etrofllenrod504

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
5-7 year note is permanent to never ending because most folk never payoff their cars in that time… after the 3rd year folk get tired of their cars and want something new so they end up trading in their car with negative equity for a new car loan with the negative equity added in which makes the payment even more money so now that 5-7 year loan now turns into a 8-10 year consecutive loan.. after 3 years of having the new car you trade it in again for a newer one never paying off the last two cars.. the negative equity in that one goes to the new loan and now your in a 15-17 year consecutive loan lmaooo

At least with a lease it’s 36 months and you can give the car back and never lease again.. You can walk away… Financing you are legit stuck unless your discipled enough to actually pay off that 5-7 year loan
All true on all fronts. It basically boils down to the individual and what they can confidently afford or how they navigate daily. I considered for a split second leasing when I got my 2023 s5. But the mileage restrictions would murder me lol. I also tend to keep my car long. My a6 2014 was paid off when I traded it in on Labor Day. I’m also going to pay off my car a few years before the life of the loan. Hold it down until something whenever I feel it time for something else, which I don’t see happening anytime soon unless something drastic happens.