brehs lets talk cologne game

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
Reviewers have been going crazy for this one. You know how that game goes...the price is about to go up. I need to get my nose on it before that happens.
I'm at the point now that I only subscribe to 2 fragrance reviewers on yt and I don't have any other social media to see reviewers on anything else.

Everybody else I watched just either promoting every Middle Eastern clone cause it gets views or mafukkas that hype up the same highly popular cliche Niche House fragrances, regardless of how they smell.

This 1 is ok but the initial smell is cheap.

Sonic Boom of the South

Supporter
Daps
Reppin

Starlight-sesame-image.jpg

PROVENANCE:
Maharashtra, India

NOTES:
Nutmeg E.O., Black Pepper E.O., Bergamot, Tonka, Heliotrope, Sesame CO2, Honey, Tobacco Abs., Labdanum Abs., Oakmoss, Fir Balsam, Narcissus and Jaggery (raw sugar) Accord

Starlight Sesame is a celebration of the festival of 'Sankrant’ in India, which marks the Sun’s transit from Sagittarius to Capricorn. The scent opens with bergamot and narcissus petals. Sesame CO2 is suspended on a pillow of tonka. A jaggery (raw sugar) accord with the glow of labdanum and honey envelopes you with a gentle hug -like a bright sun in the wintery season.

---------------------------------------------------
* :francis:

Maybe my sense of smell off.....

I BARELY smell this.
I only smell a lil nutmeg and honey. :francis:

I don't understand how I got $25 fragrances that smell loud and this shyt sooo weak.

Sonic Boom of the South

Supporter
Daps
Reppin

Makin Scents pickups:
makinscents.jpg

Unaverage Patch- This is straight up Sour Patch Kids. Strong as hell too. Gotta be careful with this one but my favorite from the pack.

Sweeping Up-(not pictured)- Another fougère I need to try

Also ordered Savoire Faire sample pack of Soul Cafe, LoveSuede, Sin, Santo & Sage
I got this website saved from you mentioning it before.

I'm thinking about getting UnAverage Patch and

grape-ape.png

Sonic Boom of the South

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
BF-B_MAGICMUSHROOMS.png

Bohoboco
MAGIC • MUSHROOMS

$185.00
CAPACITY:

50ml

HEAD NOTES | Cypress, Grapefruit, Cardamom

HEART NOTES | Magic Mushrooms, Blackcurrant, Herbal Notes, Thyme,
Lavender, Clove, Davana, Immortelle, Ylang-Ylang, Cannabis

BASE NOTES | Liqueur Notes, Patchouli, Vetiver, Moss

------------------------------------------------------

* :whew:

I definitely like some weird fragrances that I would assume the majority of people wouldn't like. :manny:

This smells like mushrooms, exotic cannabis, Thyme and a lil lavender covered in truffle butter and cooked in a skillet.

I feel like the mushrooms a lil stronger than the cannabis but I do think the average person would smell cannabis.

This might be in my new top 10.:wow:

Sonic Boom of the South

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I think my current top 10 is: (in no order)

* Milano Fragranze: Naviglio
* Les EAUX Primordiales: Couleur Primaire
* Le Jardin Retrouve: Violette Kew
* Honore Payan: Eternal Poudre
* Bohoboco: Magic Mushrooms
* Sarah Baker Perfumes: Peach's Revenge
* Gallagher Fragrances: Tonkazure
* Francesca Bianchi: Encounters
* BDK Parfums: 312 Saint-Honoré

* Gravel: Evolution

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
To add on

Current Favorite Cops of this year. (no order)
  • Burberry - Hero EDP
  • Armani - Stronger with You Tobacco
  • Tom Ford - Vanille Fatale
  • Bvlgari - Man in Black Essence (disc)
  • Bvlgari - Man in Black Parfum
  • Xerjoff - Empiryan
  • Comptoir Sud Pacifique - Rhum and Tabac
  • Armani - Profondo Parfum
  • Le Labo - Poivre 23
Wow, Tobacco, Rum, Spices, Woods, really trying some new stuff WIA.

In my defense, I'm in the midst of a big decant run through. Fulton and Roark, D'Annam, and some joints from Scent Split.

SOTDs
  • Dior - Spice Blend - TG for decants, cause this is a generic spice
  • Scotch Porter - Badlands - kept on my desk as a dumb reach for the past week
  • Givency - Gentleman Reserve Privee - I like this at first, on the fence, now....trending negative.

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Good lord.

The Savoire Faire sample pack arrived and good lord look at this.
savoirefaire.jpg

Soul Cafe- First off I already spun the block and bought a full bottle of this after sampling for 20 minutes. This is just too damn good. Tobacco, bergamot, and blood orange in the opening and then the coffee kicks in about 10 minutes later and then just goes straight boozy. This is blended masterfully and should be priced higher. Never smelled anything like it.

Lovesuede-This is straight leather/suede and citrus and definitely a fall scent but can be pulled off in the early spring. Reminds me of rich, Corinthian leather in a luxury car. Great quality once again. Probably

Sin, Santo, and muthafukkin-Sage- This was my favorite out of the sample. b/c it's unique as hell and doesn't smell like anything I've ever smelled before. Yes I already bought a 50mL as well. An earthy almost old world, old cedar tree, sage, and palo santo frag. Hard to explain and truthfully still can't describe it. A real emotional fragrance for me. I had to sit with this yesterday evening and was just enamored with it. Spray my pillow last night and this thing is stuck in my head. Soul Cafe is excellent but this one is soooo different it stayed on my mind to the point I brought it to work today. Still sniffing it.

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
Good lord.

The Savoire Faire sample pack arrived and good lord look at this.
savoirefaire.jpg

Soul Cafe- First off I already spun the block and bought a full bottle of this after sampling for 20 minutes. This is just too damn good. Tobacco, bergamot, and blood orange in the opening and then the coffee kicks in about 10 minutes later and then just goes straight boozy. This is blended masterfully and should be priced higher. Never smelled anything like it.

Lovesuede-This is straight leather/suede and citrus and definitely a fall scent but can be pulled off in the early spring. Reminds me of rich, Corinthian leather in a luxury car. Great quality once again. Probably

Sin, Santo, and muthafukkin-Sage- This was my favorite out of the sample. b/c it's unique as hell and doesn't smell like anything I've ever smelled before. Yes I already bought a 50mL as well. An earthy almost old world, old cedar tree, sage, and palo santo frag. Hard to explain and truthfully still can't describe it. A real emotional fragrance for me. I had to sit with this yesterday evening and was just enamored with it. Spray my pillow last night and this thing is stuck in my head. Soul Cafe is excellent but this one is soooo different it stayed on my mind to the point I brought it to work today. Still sniffing it.
I don't own Lovesuede, but I have the other two. You are 100% correct about Sin, Santo, & Sage. That one is an experience! Soul Café is the most popular one, but Sin Santo is my favorite one to wear when I want to be on my neo-soul, vinyl record, black velvet painting, leather vest with no shirt ish.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
To add on

Current Favorite Cops of this year. (no order)
  • Burberry - Hero EDP
  • Armani - Stronger with You Tobacco
  • Tom Ford - Vanille Fatale
  • Bvlgari - Man in Black Essence (disc)
  • Bvlgari - Man in Black Parfum
  • Xerjoff - Empiryan
  • Comptoir Sud Pacifique - Rhum and Tabac
  • Armani - Profondo Parfum
  • Le Labo - Poivre 23
Wow, Tobacco, Rum, Spices, Woods, really trying some new stuff WIA.

In my defense, I'm in the midst of a big decant run through. Fulton and Roark, D'Annam, and some joints from Scent Split.

SOTDs
  • Dior - Spice Blend - TG for decants, cause this is a generic spice
  • Scotch Porter - Badlands - kept on my desk as a dumb reach for the past week
  • Givency - Gentleman Reserve Privee - I like this at first, on the fence, now....trending negative.
How would you wear Burberry Hero EDP?
What situation? What kind of weather? Day/Night?

I never got around to getting a decant.

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
How would you wear Burberry Hero EDP?
What situation? What kind of weather? Day/Night?

I never got around to getting a decant.

I think it's a pretty good all around scent. Maybe not a summer day, but pretty much year round, every situation.

I was SHOCKED at how much I liked it. Maybe it's because they're sort of an underdog house. (like Michael Kors, Jimmy Choo, etc)

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
I've been want to get my hands on something from this house (Tiziana Terenzi) for awhile now, ever since I tried a decant of Vele from them which was one of the more unique joints I've gotten my nose on. A nicca daringly blind copped this ish for my bday. Can retail for up to YG 4Hunnid but wit labor day & all dat, got it on da heavy discount.

Top Notes:
Sicilian Grapefruit, Cassis, Romagna Peach

Heart Notes:
Tuberose, Iris, Magnolia, Lily of the Valley, Royal Jasmine & Ambergris

Base Notes:
Red Patchouli, Indian Sandalwood, Cuban Cedarwood, Italian Birchwood & Haitian Vetiver

I knew it was risky blind buying something like this but I gotta say, after rockin' it for a lil bit since I got it, it's a beast. The opening is a fruity punch in the face but sharp at the same time. From there, it evolves into smooth/creamy (da Jasmine really pop) then rounds out wit some warm/wood vibes.

This shyt strong as hell too. 1-2 sprays & u straight for damn near the whole day, plus it's fillin' a room like crazy--both wifey & ma dukes thought I sprayed dis bih multiple times when I'd only did 1.

I'm already thinkin' about what I'ma do with this & Bitter Peach to play on the sweet/tart angle
full

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
don't know who's interested, but Maxaroma has Margiela by the fireplace 100ml for $80 just ordered some for fall

To add on, Ross (yes, that Ross) outlet, if you're lucky, has Jazz Club in a 30mL bottle but with a 100ml REFILL bottle as well for like 60-70 bucks. Saw a mf on Reddit get lucky wit dat shyt & tried my own hand & saw that shyt hiding ova on the female fragrance side where my ole lady was lookin after I couldn't find it on the men's side.

Sonic Boom of the South

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Got a passion fruit fragrance oil from a company I have other fire oils from.....and this smells like straight body odor.

:dead:

I've NEVER smelled a fragrance oil that smelled bad until now.
------------------------------------------------------

On a good side note, my bottle of Prada Amber Pour Homme macerated well. :ohhh:

Smells a lot stronger from when I first got it.

I just looked on Fragrancenet to order a backup bottle and they sold out.:francis: