brehs lets talk cologne game

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane

Got an order from FBO recently.

I placed it specifically cause of the small sample of Clémentines California.

It smells EXACTLY like them lil cutie brand clementines. :wow:

The full bottle I got has to be from a different batch. It's good but not like the sample. It smells clementines but not as vivid and a slight floral added.

Still happy with it.
The sample just fire tho.

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
SOTD - Room 105 - Cherry Punk

cherry-punk-eau-de-parfum.jpg

Poland in the house. The reviews really go out of their way to say this doesn't smell like Tom Ford's Lost Cherry.

I have no idea what they're talking about, cause this is a dead ringer for Lost Cherry.

Super Sweet, kinda airy. Doesn't smell like an actual cherry, more like cherry flavored candy - which is totally fine by me. I still sort of prefer Cherry Smoke to this.

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Should have come to this thread before I pulled the trigger on the Tom Ford Oud Wood.

I love the scent but the performance is TERRIBLE for the price point. $279 for EDP and I barely get 2hrs in it. Doesn’t project well at all.

Anyone got some recs for a scent similar to Oud Wood but with stronger performance?

December I want to pick up like 3-4 solid 50ml scents. Got these on my list. I had some other TF scents (Ombre Leather and Tuscan leather) I wanted to pick up but after my poor experience with Oud Wood, I think I’m good.

Mull Mull Byron
Terre d’Hermes
Aqua di Parma Oud

That’s my list for now. I had a Versace Eros but that was hot on my skin, ended up giving it to my cousin.

Any suggestions y’all got?

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
Should have come to this thread before I pulled the trigger on the Tom Ford Oud Wood.

I love the scent but the performance is TERRIBLE for the price point. $279 for EDP and I barely get 2hrs in it. Doesn’t project well at all.

Anyone got some recs for a scent similar to Oud Wood but with stronger performance?

The differences in the oud are so miniscule to me, but I think these 4 have better performance.
  • Thameen Carved Oud
  • Versace Pour Homme Oud Noir
  • Gucci Intense Oud
  • Gucci Guilty Oud
December I want to pick up like 3-4 solid 50ml scents. Got these on my list. I had some other TF scents (Ombre Leather and Tuscan leather) I wanted to pick up but after my poor experience with Oud Wood, I think I’m good.

Mull Mull Byron
Terre d’Hermes
Aqua di Parma Oud

Mula Mula - very sweet. I much prefer Black Dragon to Mula Mula, but it depends on what you like.

Terre d'Hermes- Orange Rind. Very sharp.

I don't own ADP Oud. But ADP makes really good citrus and is a well liked house.

If Oud is catching your fancy, try Oud for Glory/Oud for Greatness. The clone (glory) is like 50 bucks, and it's strong AF to me.

That’s my list for now. I had a Versace Eros but that was hot on my skin, ended up giving it to my cousin.

Any suggestions y’all got?

Depends on what you like, how big your collection is, etc.

Stuff I've liked recently
  • Armani - Stronger with You - Tobacco - chestnut and tobacco
  • BVLGARI - Man in Black Parfum version - spice
  • Burberry - Hero EDP - Cedar
  • Le Labo - Poivre 23 - pepper
  • Comptoir Sud Pacifique - Rhum and Tabac - a lot like Pure Havane
  • Day 3 - La Tacita De Cafe and Ambar Dominicano - Coffee

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
The differences in the oud are so miniscule to me, but I think these 4 have better performance…..

Great great post. Wish I could rep you but I’ve bookmarked the post.

Was reading yesterday that high quality doesn’t necessarily mean long lasting/good performance. High quality is more about the actual scent and quality of ingredients where as good performing scents have a good bit of synthetic ingredients to make it last longer.

Thoughts?

Also, any recs for a top leather typer scent? I like Ombre and Tuscan leather and even Black Lacquer but I think I’m done with TF fragrances. Very good scents but I’m barely getting 1hr with my Oud Wood. Doesn’t project at all and feels terrible value for money.

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
Great great post. Wish I could rep you but I’ve bookmarked the post.

Was reading yesterday that high quality doesn’t necessarily mean long lasting/good performance. High quality is more about the actual scent and quality of ingredients where as good performing scents have a good bit of synthetic ingredients to make it last longer.

Thoughts?

I'll be honest with you. I don't have that level of nose to be able to pick up on "quality" between fragrances.
"Well blended"
"quality ingredients"
"needs more maceration..."

I just don't have that level of sensitivity.

A perfumer said this yesterday.

There are some joints I just hate on first whiff, and they range in price tag.

Can't stand Club de Nuit Intense Man (30) bucks.
On the expensive end, I really hate the intense version of my favorite cologe.
Tobacco Oud Intense is terrible. They added beaver extract to it. (castoreum)
Tobacco Oud, the regular version, is great.

Also, any recs for a top leather typer scent? I like Ombre and Tuscan leather and even Black Lacquer but I think I’m done with TF fragrances. Very good scents but I’m barely getting 1hr with my Oud Wood. Doesn’t project at all and feels terrible value for money.

Leather...

Ombre EDP and Parfum and Tuscan Leather are cool.

Outside of that
  • Armani - Stronger with You Leather
  • By Kilian - Dark Lord
  • Dior - Fahrenheit Parfum
  • Scents of Wood - Leather in Bourbon
  • Zoologist - Rhino and Tyrannosaurus Rex - both are leather scents/feature leature
I have a bottle of the Armani, the rest I have as decants.

lightskin jermaine

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Antonio
I'm returning from a business trip in Florida and I brought 2 fragrances with me that I thought would go well with the heat and humidity.

Pineapple Vintage(top 5 FBO oil) got so many compliments per usual. I don't wear it that much because of the attention it gets but wanted to stunt on my colleagues :mjlit:

Oud Satin Mood for the evening dinners and social hours. Another one of my favorites.

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
SOTD - Creed - Centaurus

Creed gets back into the Tobacco game.

Fragrance Notes:​

Smoky Tobacco, Cardamom, Cinnamon, Black Pepper, Jasmine, Heliotrope, Geranium, Sandalwood, Patchouli, Ambroxan, Benzoin, Tolu Balsam, and Bourbon Vanilla.

For the price, I was thinking this was gonna be a banger. It's made it's way through the influencers...and they of course loved it.

It's like the wrong type of tobacco + Vanilla. It's definitely not TF's Tobacco Vanille, but it's some of the same notes.

I would not rush out to grab this decant. It's aight.