Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
Private Label: Jovoy Paris

375x500.13460.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------

*This just patchouli and sandalwood. :russell:
Nothing special. It fades quickly(projection wise) but you can smell it on your skin hours later.

Last edited:

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
anyone know a good summer scent that doesn't smell chemically?

I have silver mountain and tried to add others but silver mountain is the only one that smells natural.

cant really explain it, but some shyt be giving me a headache after a few hours even expensive ones.
Virgin Island water
Wulong cha
Erba pura
Anyris homme

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
Le Labo week continues

SOTM - Vanille 44 - not a real strong vanilla. Definitely a unisex joint, though without some of the darker elements, leans femme. Not a lot of projection, not a lot of longevity. It'd be an okay day to day scent, if it weren't $400 for 50 mls...

SOTD - Beaufort London - Coeur De Noir - Ink, Rum, Leather.

I have really liked everything from this house.

This is a cold/cool weather scent. So technically it was cooler yesterday, remnants of remnants of the hurricane, but it's creeping back up.
About a month out from Fall, so you know ya boy, I'm already bringing out the OGs.

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
La Liturgie des Heures: Jovoy Paris

375x500.13458.jpg

-------------------------------------------------
*This kinda decent. Smoky incense and myrhh. The green notes actually has a lil marijuana whiff. This last awhile average projection. This definitely in the top 5 of all the Jovoy I have tested. I do have 1 more left to test tomorrow.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
On my caribbean vacation -- during the day with that heat, almost nothing is going to last very long. Bohemian Lime and Solstis did me well.
I wore Isola Blu at night and while it did do better in the evenings, I find I didn't quote enjoy it. If you overspray it (and I might have a little) it becomes annoying. I don't know if anyone else found it annoying but I personally wanted to wash it out. Through trial and error, I think for me this is more of a spring scent, and I'll go very light with it in the future. Thankfully that fragrance is so expensive I'll never commit to a full bottle. I might just finish this decant and move on.

What I think I should have done was looked for a rum or tobacco scent that could work in the summer (afternoon/evening). Not something like Jazz Club because I feel like that comes on a bit strong for my nose. But something milder...not quite so in your face. When you have that ocean breeze you don't need anything too powerful...just smooth enough that the air will carry it around.

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
Le Labo Week continues, possibly 2 more scents

Poivre 23 (London)

The smell? It's really nice. There's a touch of the "tickling the nose" type aspect to the pepper. (Salt and Pepper by Precious Liquids does the same thing. Arguably this is an aspect to Sauvage as well)

It's light but distinct, not heavy handed.
We'll see about longevity in a few hours.

Is the scent of London pepper because of the spice trade? Who knows?

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
SOTD - Jo Malone Wood Sage & Sea Salt

I feel like I would like this a lot more as a candle then I do on me. That said, I see why a lot of people fux wit it.

It's kind of a sweet salty to me, and light & fresh as hell. Kind gives me vibes of another embodiment of "beach walk" vibes. I could def freak sum layering combos wit it.