Fresh

SOHH Vet since 2002
Daps
wore my bottle of Versace eros again, the blue bottle

tomorrow I'm going to try out my decant of Versace eros Flame

Fresh

SOHH Vet since 2002
Daps
That's actually a pretty good way to get him started. I myself started with one of those & the snowball effect that followed :wow:

I hear you breh, I didn't really start getting back into cologne and going to Macy's and JC Penny's and bout like 2 or 3 bottle, the first one I got was Burberry Touch, smells great btw, anyway I went to Macys.com and ordered the sample pack and got more orders based on samples I like

then as I was frequeting this thread people started talking about DecantX and ordered a bunch of 3ml and 5ml ones for myself

I'm also sending one of my younger brothers the Macy's sample pack, and this bottle of Aventus Creed I ended up not liking, but it's the large bottle so the cologne is still near the top of the bottle

I've also been learning about notes too

I'm too deep in the cologne game too, and I fvck with Axe Body Spray too, but I never wear them together

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
SOTM - Matcha Meditation

Been seeing mixed reviews on that Lovers by Pharrell for LV from people who've gotten a chance to try samples :francis: .

Might pull up on the LV store & see if they got samples at my joint around the way to get my nose on it.

Tupac in a Business Suit

Middle aged....Middle paid
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem via Brooklyn
Tested a sample of
21602.jpg

2​

by Comme des Garcons

The Scoop
Ancient ink in the summer sun, #2 is a study in contrasts. Based on the legendary Sumi ink made in the temples of Japan, this seductive fragrance blends the seared wood notes of Sumi with spiritual scents of incense, patchouli and amber, then takes a turn toward the shiny n' happy with the bright notes of magnolia and ripe, fresh new aldehydes (orange and mandarin). We smell something different every time we wear this-it falls somewhere between a mighty Samurai and a humble priest with a jones for gardening. CdG #2 is presented in a silvered, reflective bottle that made Time Asia's Top 10 designs for 1999.

2 Fragrance Notes
Japanese Sumi ink, incense, patchouli, cedarwood, angelica root, vetiver, magnolia, amber, labdanum, new aldehydes, cumin, cade oil, absolute maté, abslolute folia
---------------------------------------

*This kinda basic. :francis:

It disappears off skin quickly. Does better on clothing. On clothes, I smell the ink accord and it's sorta like stale woods and smoky.
The scented candle version of this scent is much better than the fragrance. Agree that CDG fragrances are better on clothing. Odeur 53 is the best frag from this house.

Tupac in a Business Suit

Middle aged....Middle paid
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem via Brooklyn
SOTM - Matcha Meditation

Been seeing mixed reviews on that Lovers by Pharrell for LV from people who've gotten a chance to try samples :francis: .

Might pull up on the LV store & see if they got samples at my joint around the way to get my nose on it.
The LV franchise of fragRance’s get rave reviews online and I have all in decants and tbh they all smell like weaker dupes of popular fragrances.

The summer fragrances don’t have much lasting power or impact for the hype they receive.