brehs lets talk cologne game

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
I'm getting some perfume for my cousin who just got a job as a flight attendant

what perfumes do yall reccomend for a fresh flower type smell or a citrus type smell, Ariana Grande got mad perfumes, are they good ? I thought about getting her a Billie Eilish perfume but when I tested it the second time I didn't like it

I will appreciate all suggestions Coli brehs

If you gonna spend bread Delina Xclusif

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Ordered a few decants

A couple of Guerlain L'Homme Ideals that have been on the list for 6 months.
By Killian - Apple Brandy on the Rocks
Amouage - Enclave

I've got 40 Knots in the cart...thinking about it.

Not sure if I want to try Beach Hut Man. I'm not huge on green fragrances and that seems to be the signature here from what I'm reading. I didn't care for that green note in Xerjoff Nio so if that's the road I'm going down with Beech Hut....no thanks.

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane

BOTANICALS & ESSENCES

Australian Ginger Flower Accord
Bergamot Italy
Lemon Italy
Magnolia China
Jasmine
Rose
Mandarin Brazil
Sandalwood Australia
Patchouli Indonesia
Vanilla
Musk
Cashmeran

Amber

----------------------------------------------------------------------
*Never smelled the original. This straight. I smell ginger, lime and lemon the most.

Sonic Boom of the South

Supporter
Daps
Reppin

Musk Tahara- Tahara Vanilla

A fragrance that screams with its strong and harmonious ingredients that catches the eye from the first spray, as it combines two different sensations. Excessive strength, and tyrannical softness. It opens with a velvety touch of rose and the freshness of jasmine blossoms, and the notes of iris and amber scramble to reveal a strong independent personality of vanilla infused with musk to refresh your flamboyant summer and immerse you in a sense of cleanliness.

Top Notes: Fruity, Green
Heart Notes: Vanilla, Jasmine, Lily Of The Valley
Base Notes: Ambery, Musk, Tonka

-------------------------------------------------------------------

*This smells like a powdery, musky, vanilla.

Fresh

SOHH Vet since 2002
Daps
I just put on my decant of Bond 9 Greenwich Village, I wouldn't reccomend it, not feeling it personally

also I have this big a$$ bottle of Invictus Platinum that's only been sprayed like five times

I'm willing to sell it in the beginning of July if anybody is interested

edit...what happened was I liked the sample of Invictus Platinum when I tried it, then I bought a big a$$ bottle and didn't like it

like I said I'm willing to sell it for dumb cheap, I'm just not using Amazon or Ebay

Last edited:

Sonic Boom of the South

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Tested a sample of
21602.jpg

2​

by Comme des Garcons

The Scoop
Ancient ink in the summer sun, #2 is a study in contrasts. Based on the legendary Sumi ink made in the temples of Japan, this seductive fragrance blends the seared wood notes of Sumi with spiritual scents of incense, patchouli and amber, then takes a turn toward the shiny n' happy with the bright notes of magnolia and ripe, fresh new aldehydes (orange and mandarin). We smell something different every time we wear this-it falls somewhere between a mighty Samurai and a humble priest with a jones for gardening. CdG #2 is presented in a silvered, reflective bottle that made Time Asia's Top 10 designs for 1999.

2 Fragrance Notes
Japanese Sumi ink, incense, patchouli, cedarwood, angelica root, vetiver, magnolia, amber, labdanum, new aldehydes, cumin, cade oil, absolute maté, abslolute folia
---------------------------------------

*This kinda basic. :francis:

It disappears off skin quickly. Does better on clothing. On clothes, I smell the ink accord and it's sorta like stale woods and smoky.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I've worn Terre d'Hermes Eau Givree many times now and I have to admit that it's a fragrance I don't entirely love.

It's not bad at all.
I certainly enjoyed the decant when I had it. But now that I have the bottle, I find it hard to reach for.

I really think I prefer the Terre d'Hermes Parfum. I just think the orange makes such a difference in giving it some more balance.
The citron and juniper berry of Eau Givree just gives it this coldness or tartness or...I don't know what the word is....you know how if you're drinking gin, you need something else to balance it out? It's like that. This is why gin and tonic is served with a lime or a lemon. You need something else to cut it. I think that's what I'm missing with Eau Givree.

That's kinda why I've been reaching more for GnTonic by Micallef and other things.
Kinda been wearing Pacific Rock Moss a bit lately too.