brehs lets talk cologne game

3rdWorld

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
I swear for the life of me I can't smell Aventus on me..
Got a 5mil decant along with some others and I'm disappointed.
I've heard about the batch controversy but damn.

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
Has anyone have/had Versace Pour Homme Dylan Blue?

Both good

VPH - summer hit
Dylan Blue - a cheaper and more female friendly of the Dior Sauvage, which is the #1 mass market lady killer.

Don't pay more than 50 bucks for either, can usually find them at Ross/Marshall's

Sauce Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Both good

VPH - summer hit
Dylan Blue - a cheaper and more female friendly of the Dior Sauvage, which is the #1 mass market lady killer.

Don't pay more than 50 bucks for either, can usually find them at Ross/Marshall's
I’ve had 3 bottles of VPH in the past but was thinking trying Dylan Blue. You think it’s worth trying?

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
I’ve had 3 bottles of VPH in the past but was thinking trying Dylan Blue. You think it’s worth trying?

TL;DR - I do, but don't buy a full bottle just off of one spritz at the counter. Buy a decant and test it. Dylan Blue is cheap, but nothing worse than a cheap bottle sitting on your shelf that you don't use.

It's a blue fragrance, which has a technical definition (citrus, woods, ambroxan, etc), but I think of them as "in the style of Bleu de Chanel" (even though there were blue fragrances before BDC)

Top 4 blues
  • Bleu de Chanel
  • Sauvage
  • Y
  • Dylan Blue
They are all slightly different (especially Y), but in terms of having a collection - if you have one, you kinda have them all.

If you're not a collector (please, stay away from this expensive and addictive habit, I beg you)
  • Most regular people buy Sauvage (best selling cologne for the past 10 years).
  • Fragrance nerds like Bleu de Chanel. (Specifically the Parfum version)
  • Fragrance newbs like Y (it's sweeter than the rest, by far)
  • Dylan Blue is as good as Sauvage imo, and if you ever go to Sephora (or just be out and about) it tends to get the most compliments of the 4.
NEVER BLIND BUY, ALWAYS BUY DECANTS! (c) WIA

8ish bucks @ decant x for 3 mls (which is about a 6-10 days - a full bottle worn every day should last from 9-18 mos)

3 mls is more than enough to test something. Wear it at home, to the job/school, dates, parties/bars, out and about on the weekend, in the heat, at the gym - you'll get a good idea if its worth buying a full bottle. Fragrances really do change in heat and humidity.

Fresh

SOHH Vet since 2002
Daps
since I'm not doing anything today I'm rocking my Axe Body Spray Dark Temptation

I wanna check out this other Axe spray, someone had told me what it was but I forgot, I think it's Chocolate Vanilla

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I stopped following this guy, but I'll prolly cop this decant. Thanks!
oh word lol, i never heard of the guy, just saw this vid on my feed. Another reviewer said it smelled nice, but the cost was 110 pounds and that is $139 USD. Not sure if i will cop at that price. Its already sold out online on the UK site, im going to wait till more reviewers I actually follow get their nose it. But from first two impressions i viewed im optimistic.

Sauce Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
TL;DR - I do, but don't buy a full bottle just off of one spritz at the counter. Buy a decant and test it. Dylan Blue is cheap, but nothing worse than a cheap bottle sitting on your shelf that you don't use.

It's a blue fragrance, which has a technical definition (citrus, woods, ambroxan, etc), but I think of them as "in the style of Bleu de Chanel" (even though there were blue fragrances before BDC)

Top 4 blues
  • Bleu de Chanel
  • Sauvage
  • Y
  • Dylan Blue
They are all slightly different (especially Y), but in terms of having a collection - if you have one, you kinda have them all.

If you're not a collector (please, stay away from this expensive and addictive habit, I beg you)
  • Most regular people buy Sauvage (best selling cologne for the past 10 years).
  • Fragrance nerds like Bleu de Chanel. (Specifically the Parfum version)
  • Fragrance newbs like Y (it's sweeter than the rest, by far)
  • Dylan Blue is as good as Sauvage imo, and if you ever go to Sephora (or just be out and about) it tends to get the most compliments of the 4.
NEVER BLIND BUY, ALWAYS BUY DECANTS! (c) WIA

8ish bucks @ decant x for 3 mls (which is about a 6-10 days - a full bottle worn every day should last from 9-18 mos)

3 mls is more than enough to test something. Wear it at home, to the job/school, dates, parties/bars, out and about on the weekend, in the heat, at the gym - you'll get a good idea if its worth buying a full bottle. Fragrances really do change in heat and humidity.
I’ve had Bleu de Chanel in the past, I’ve probably went through 4-5 bottles in my 20’s. If it’s similar to that, then I’m definitely going to like Dylan Blue.

I have mixed feelings about Sauvage though.

But I’m taking your advice and will order a sample to see if I like it before buying vdb

Fresh

SOHH Vet since 2002
Daps
I'm getting some perfume for my cousin who just got a job as a flight attendant

what perfumes do yall reccomend for a fresh flower type smell or a citrus type smell, Ariana Grande got mad perfumes, are they good ? I thought about getting her a Billie Eilish perfume but when I tested it the second time I didn't like it

I will appreciate all suggestions Coli brehs

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I'm getting some perfume for my cousin who just got a job as a flight attendant

what perfumes do yall reccomend for a fresh flower type smell or a citrus type smell, Ariana Grande got mad perfumes, are they good ? I thought about getting her a Billie Eilish perfume but when I tested it the second time I didn't like it

I will appreciate all suggestions Coli brehs