brehs lets talk cologne game

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
SOTD - Man in Black Essence

Fragrances Line had this discontinued Gem.

If you have the OG, this version is a bit sweeter and a bit spicier, and less floral. I really like this, but not enough to get the discontinued bottle on E-Bay.

I'd love to put my nose on the other flankers, Black Orient, Parfum, and EDP Intense

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
1. My bottle of Triumph of Bacchus arrived over the weekend. For whatever it's worth, the bottle itself is beautiful and it looks fantastic if the sunlight hits it right. I don't think I have to comment on the fragrance itself. I really like it.

2. I received a decant of Sultan by Royal Crown. Not the best 1st impression. I loved Aeternum, but Sultan has this complex blend of vanilla and fruity notes and dates and, frankly, I'm not sure it works for me. This fragrance is highly rated just about everywhere and I'm tempted to think I just need time for my nose to adjust or mature to it. First impressions are not always everything but it was not an immediate love. It's possible that while I enjoy sweetness, I don't necessarily enjoy fruitiness...though that's a hard distinction to make. It bears repeating: just because everyone else rates something highly and loves it does not mean you will too.

3. I received a decant of Alexandria II by Xerjoff. This was a little better on my nose, but again, not an immediate love. I could see myself wearing this but talking myself into a full bottle is not going to happen. I was disappointed to some degree by their Casamorati Mefisto and Nio fragrances, too. And I think so far the only things I'd consider a bottle of is Naxos or Renaissance. Perhaps I'll try Uden and 40 Knots one day. I'm less enthused about Xerjoff as a house right now.

4. I wore Oud Bleu Intense by Fragrance du Bois over the weekend and upon a 2nd wearing, it did grow on me a little. It's very situational though.

5. SOTD - Elysium Parfum Cologne by Roja.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Imperator by Royal Crown - Class in a bottle. This is adult, smooth, creamy. Floral and woody but not in an overly feminine way. It does not project a whole lot and that's the weakness here, but it's comforting. I wish my laundry smelled like this, but I hope that doesn't sound like it's a generic smell. I might get a bottle of this one day. I probably wouldn't recommend it to anyone under 35.

Jump Up and Kiss Me Hedonistic by Clive Christian - I did not think I could love a cherry fragrance but I do. This is so good and well rounded. Insanely overpriced however. A 50ml bottle of this is apparently retailing for $580. Decants of 5ml seem to go for around $80. If the right sale came along, say 20% off, that puts 5ml at around $65, which is a lot of money for a decant but I could swing that because I'd use this fragrance for nice occasions. I don't know why on Fragrantica it appears to list TWO different Hedonistic fragrances but the correct one here is the one listed as "2021" even though to my knowledge this came out in 2017.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Fan Your Flames by Nishane - I think this is a fantastic boozy, tropical fragrance. Rum, coconut, tobacco, tonka bean. Summer nights, caribbean vacations...this is what I'm wearing. I'm just completely baffled as to why Fragrantica ratings have this as a Fall/Winter scent. How? I don't get that at all. Am I just crazy or these people who vote online are borderline retarded? The only way this makes sense in the winter is if you live in a part of the world where it never gets cold in the winter. I'd feel like an idiot wearing this around Christmas.

Anyway this is a specific scent and so it's not something that lends itself to daily wear.
It's something I'd recommend people try if they already have their 2-5 main fragrances.

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
Jump Up and Kiss Me Hedonistic by Clive Christian - I did not think I could love a cherry fragrance but I do. This is so good and well rounded. Insanely overpriced however. A 50ml bottle of this is apparently retailing for $580. Decants of 5ml seem to go for around $80. If the right sale came along, say 20% off, that puts 5ml at around $65, which is a lot of money for a decant but I could swing that because I'd use this fragrance for nice occasions. I don't know why on Fragrantica it appears to list TWO different Hedonistic fragrances but the correct one here is the one listed as "2021" even though to my knowledge this came out in 2017.

I always gotta throw a Wow @ Clive Christian

I used to think Le Labo was 'spensive

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I always gotta throw a Wow @ Clive Christian

I used to think Le Labo was 'spensive
It's outrageous, really.
The decant ran around $30 or so? I didn't realize the full bottle price until after. But I figured...okay maybe it's like $300. Did not expect it to be nearly $600.

I think if I ever got to the point where I'm owning $300 or $500 fragrances, then I'm probably getting rid of all my bottles and keeping a select few.

Like, I could see logic of having 4 fragrances that are $400 each but those are your main 4. I wouldn't have a bunch of $400 bottles and then also 20 bottles of designers that go for $60.

Pharaoh

They told me take my chain off…let my body defrost
Daps
Reppin
The TOMB
Copped my wife some Casilli by PDM for her upcoming birthday.

I was in Saks copping my Louie last week and this nikka thought he was doing it by dropping 512 on a bottle of creed

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
Just tried the sample of Xerjoff - Nio

I forgot to try it when I been got it.

This smells just like the Franck Boclet-- "Be My Wife" in the opening but not as sharp and a lil weaker.
I smell mostly neroli and a celery like green.
No way in hell is it worth the full retail.

Last edited:

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Just tried the sample of Xerjoff - Nio

I forgot to try it when I been got it.

This smells just like the Franck Boclet-- "Be My Wife" but not as sharp and a lil weaker.
I smell mostly neroli and a celery like green.
No way in hell is it worth the full retail.
Feel the same way. It's way to weak to be at that price point.

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
SOTD - Meo Fuscuini - Narcotico

narcotico.jpg

It does start out with the incense/smoky vibe, and the idea of sweetness, but then its primarily Oud and Patchouli.

I've got other fragrances that do the same job, a bunch from Beaufort London, which is probably my favorite "edgy" house.

Canon

Veteran
Daps
This isn't cologne but one of the ladies on my friendslist shouted out how much she loves it when men use Teakwood body wash and Bourbon body wash from Bed Bath and Beyond and to my surprise, it went viral with a bunch of other ladies coming on there like "yaaaaaaaaasssss :blessed:"

Had me :ohhh:

I'm buying it TONIGHT :pachaha:

Y'all brehs using this?

815mwQbqEdL._SL1500_.jpg

71Gja2U6ZgL._SL1500_.jpg
:jbhmm: interesting

I usually rock the molten brown for dates but I might check this

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
SOTD - Meo Fuscuini - Narcotico

narcotico.jpg

It does start out with the incense/smoky vibe, and the idea of sweetness, but then its primarily Oud and Patchouli.

I've got other fragrances that do the same job, a bunch from Beaufort London, which is probably my favorite "edgy" house.
I get the impression this is a strong fragrance.
You're getting noticed wearing this thing...for better or worse.