brehs lets talk cologne game

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
STOP HATING!

I watched this on 1.5x speed up to around 7 mins.

All I will say is, he's not wrong about fragrances targeting men and their desire to attract compliments or a partner.

But this is why I've largely gotten away from following YouTubers who talk about sexiest colognes and panty droppers and compliment getting fragrances.

If my focus is on whether I personally find a scent interesting and enjoyable, then this hobby feels more satisfying.

I honestly don't think cologne makes that big of an impact on the opposite sex. I don't think women are out here clawing after ugly dudes who smell good. Most likely, you're a good looking man, in shape, and a woman finds you attractive to begin with. And a good fragrance is just an excuse to start a conversation. And you go from there.

I've been wrong many many many times before.
So if you're all smart, you'll roll your eyes at all this goofy shyt I say and move on.

Canon

Veteran
Daps

All I will say is, he's not wrong about fragrances targeting men and their desire to attract compliments or a partner.

But this is why I've largely gotten away from following YouTubers who talk about sexiest colognes and panty droppers and compliment getting fragrances.

If my focus is on whether I personally find a scent interesting and enjoyable, then this hobby feels more satisfying.

I honestly don't think cologne makes that big of an impact on the opposite sex. I don't think women are out here clawing after ugly dudes who smell good. Most likely, you're a good looking man, in shape, and a woman finds you attractive to begin with. And a good fragrance is just an excuse to start a conversation. And you go from there.

So if you're all smart, you'll roll your eyes at all this goofy shyt I say and move on.
Ive always think of a nice fragrance as icing on the cake when it comes to attraction

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps

We've had this discussion on this thread.

99% of the time, if a chick is down for you, the fragrance wasn't the thing that tipped the balance.

1% of the time though, it is something that gets you noticed.

But my real reaction to this video - he can't pronounce the word, and his face gets more punchable the more he drones on in his Gen Z/Millennial lisp. I feel about him, the way most of them feel about Andrew Tate.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

99% of the time, if a chick is down for you, the fragrance wasn't the thing that tipped the balance.

But my real reaction to this video - he can't pronounce the word, and his face gets more punchable the more he drones on in his Gen Z/Millennial lisp. I feel about him, the way most of them feel about Andrew Tate.
Frag-rance
Fray-grance?

Yeah I wanted to punch him in the throat too.

Pharaoh

They told me take my chain off…let my body defrost
Daps
Reppin
The TOMB

It’s crazy you say this. I don’t even wear my heavy hitters if I don’t have a haircut.

Dudes be straight dust bunny status and looking for compliments.

It’s a package bruh

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
It’s crazy you say this. I don’t even wear my heavy hitters if I don’t have a haircut.

Dudes be straight dust bunny status and looking for compliments.

It’s a package bruh

It speaks to something going on in our culture.

At no point was anyone in my generation explicitly taught how to attract women, how to talk to them, how to manage them, how to manage a relationship. If you have a smooth older brother, uncle, or rolling stone of a daddy, maybe. And a lot of the time, you learned the wrong things, lol. Shout out to Uncle Horace

But a lot of us picked it up.

Society has changed.
Culture has changed.

It was never easy to walk up on a strange broad and get her number, but it wasn't out of the realm of possibility.

Now?...

So you gotta a lot of young dudes doing whatever to get female attention, and have them come to him - or taking x,y,z and to get the nutz to step up.

And the stakes are higher.

Get exposed on social media breh
Get kicked out of school breh.
Get arrested breh...

So now...

So they're either crash test dummies for attention
Or they need cologne, the right sneakers, the right swag, alcohol, pills, weed, to spit.

And it's still our fault, their fault, somehow...

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Let me know if anyone has sampled Citrus Riviera by BDK.

It's on my decant list but I have so many summer samples already that I decided to wait a little longer.

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
It's worth the money. The Elixir is good, more on the spicy side and has excellent longevity. I sprayed this on and went over to a females house to smash and she smelled me and was like you I smelled yummy lol, the females like it. I also wore it to work and was getting too may complemets from my female co-workers and that was the last time I wore it to work lol.

Macy's is having a 15% off sale on ALL fragrance/cologne
:whew:

LOL @ Chanel not being included.

Bastids!

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's worth the money. The Elixir is good, more on the spicy side and has excellent longevity. I sprayed this on and went over to a females house to smash and she smelled me and was like you I smelled yummy lol, the females like it. I also wore it to work and was getting too may complemets from my female co-workers and that was the last time I wore it to work lol.

Macy's is having a 15% off sale on ALL fragrance/cologne
:whew:

think that sauvage elixir might be my next cop, but im gonna give it a year or so. wait til its cheaper. i'm pretty basic on cologne, but you really can't miss with that sauvage line

plus, ive set a goal to finish a fukkin bottle before i buy another one :dead:

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
think that sauvage elixir might be my next cop, but im gonna give it a year or so. wait til its cheaper. i'm pretty basic on cologne, but you really can't miss with that sauvage line

plus, ive set a goal to finish a fukkin bottle before i buy another one :dead:
Definitely don't rush to buy it but I don't think Dior colognes ever get cheaper.

I don't even think Dior winds up at discount sites.
You might just have save up for it.

I could be wrong though.