brehs lets talk cologne game

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Aeternum by Royal Crown - For me, it's a ten. This is aquatic in the best way to my nose. This thing is $500 for 100ml. Decant only, but if they sell a 30ml or 50ml bottle, I'm copping. This reminds me of the beach, or pool, or ocean, or summer in general. I can't pinpoint it but I love this.

Papyrus Moleculaire by Maison Crivelli - Pretty good. I'd say it has a calming nature to it. Woody with some tobacco but not loud by any means. I don't really have anything that smells like this in my collection. If I wanted something unique and calming and smooth for the Spring season, and I didn't already have B-612 by Nishane, this might be one of my Spring go-to fragrances.

Solstis by Fragrance du Bois - I can't call it just yet. The opening is pleasant with citrus but then there's a pepper note that I'm not sure if I love just yet. There's something green in here that I don't vibe with personally. I don't see myself ever loving this. But perhaps I will find time to wear it.

Combava-Cedrat by Affinessence - Citrus bomb. This isn't very complex but it's pretty good. I personally get a lot of the lime. The mint doesn't overpower the other notes here. To be clear -- I think this smells good and it's blended well. The issue with this fragrance for me is the pricing. It retails near $300 and even on Fragrancenet it's $170. I just don't see it. It's possible that longevity is one of the attractions here, I just can't speak to that yet. I think this is a fragrance you buy if you have money to burn.

Trav

Marathon Mentality ๐Ÿ
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
Sign me up for FA. I just counted and in 24 bottles deep not including my decants I got about 28 decants:manny:

Damn lol

How u decide what to wear and are you even puttin' any dents into the full bottles?

Pharaoh

They told me take my chain offโ€ฆlet my body defrost
Daps
Reppin
The TOMB
Damn lol

How u decide what to wear and are you even puttin' any dents into the full bottles?
Honestly I just ask my wife what she wants to smell on me most days lolโ€ฆ

I put a big dent in my bottle of sauvage edp, but I copped the 6 oz bottle so I got a long ways to go.

My niche shyt I pull out when we go somewhere fancy, but I had a son so hopefully he helps me put a dent in some of this when he gets older

Trav

Marathon Mentality ๐Ÿ
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24

I get why it's (Sauvage) popular (and hated too as a result I suppose). Sharp. Bold. Doesn't really offend anyone and you can pretty much get it off in any environment damn near, I would assume. Smells "clean" and of course the obvious, it appears to be a hit with the heaux if you in dem skreets like that. I wasn't mad at it all and neither was the ole lady. Maybe not worthy of being a "signature" but def can't go wrong having this 'sweet herbalness" in the collection either.

I wouldn't mind trying the Elixir.

Pharaoh

They told me take my chain offโ€ฆlet my body defrost
Daps
Reppin
The TOMB
I wonโ€™t lie to you. Iโ€™m a big fan of freshies and my wife loved it on me so I grabbed a big bottle of the EDP for the hot months and the Parfum for the cold months. Pre pandemic, I was reaching for it. Iโ€™ve toned it back now as I got so many other better options.

I tend to like mass appealing scents, but I just recently got into some danky cold weather scents. Naxos, Herod, Oajan etc. Iโ€™m still a sucker for a good fresh or, and if it can ring in compliments thatโ€™s two birds one stone.

When I worked in an office I had this Pawg hunt me down to let me know I smelled good. I think I had sauvage on that day too lol:pachaha:

My wife definitely didnโ€™t hear that story

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
SOTD - Emporio Armani - Stronger with You Tobacco

PXL-20240326-183314833.jpg

Decant - Decant X
Full Bottle - I saw this on Fragrance Buy CA again, but I got mine from FragFlex - Epitome of Fragrance Shopping

Overall - 8-8.5/10 (if you like Stronger with You, which I'm a big fan of)

The chestnut DNA is here.
The tobacco, that warm and earthy style of tobacco.
Do I notice the iced coffee? Sorta, but this is only day 1.

Easily the best out of the SWY Middle East Exclusives (Oud, Leather, Amber)

Is it better than SWY Absolutely?

Time will tell.

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
Got my ScentBird subscription today:
Just tested this.

*I like this. I swear the fig note in perfume is always really the fig leaf note. This smells like fig leaf, Jasmine and vetiver then transitions to a woody Oud. I think this leans more masculine.

๐—ง๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐— ๐—ฎ๐—ธ๐—ฒ๐—ฟ
๐—Ÿ๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐—˜๐—ฎ๐˜‚ ๐—ฑ๐—ฒ ๐—ฃ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ณ๐˜‚๐—บ
TMF_PDP_Images_2023_Lover_3_1800x1800.jpg

๐—œ๐—ป๐˜€๐—ฝ๐—ถ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฑ ๐—ฏ๐˜† ๐˜๐—ฟ๐˜‚๐—ฒ ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—ถ๐—บ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜†.
๐—Ÿ๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐—˜๐—ฎ๐˜‚ ๐—ฑ๐—ฒ ๐—ฃ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ณ๐˜‚๐—บ ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐—ฎ ๐—ต๐˜†๐—ฝ๐—ป๐—ผ๐˜๐—ถ๐—ฐ, ๐˜„๐—ผ๐—ผ๐—ฑ๐˜† ๐˜€๐—ฐ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฎ๐˜ ๐—ฒ๐˜ƒ๐—ผ๐—ธ๐—ฒ๐˜€ ๐—ฎ ๐˜„๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—บ ๐—ฒ๐—บ๐—ฏ๐—ฟ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐—ฒ. ๐—–๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—บ๐˜† ๐˜€๐—ฎ๐—ป๐—ฑ๐—ฎ๐—น๐˜„๐—ผ๐—ผ๐—ฑ, ๐—น๐˜‚๐˜€๐—ฐ๐—ถ๐—ผ๐˜‚๐˜€ ๐—ณ๐—ถ๐—ด, ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐—ฑ ๐˜€๐—ฝ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ธ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐˜๐—ถ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐—ฏ๐—น๐—ฎ๐—ป๐—ธ๐—ฒ๐˜ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐—ธ๐—ถ๐—ป ๐˜„๐—ต๐—ถ๐—น๐—ฒ ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฑ ๐—ป๐—ผ๐˜๐—ฒ๐˜€ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐—ท๐—ฎ๐˜€๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐—ฎ๐—บ๐—ฏ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ, ๐—ป๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฐ๐—ถ๐˜€๐˜€๐˜‚๐˜€, ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐—ฑ ๐—ฎ ๐˜„๐—ต๐—ถ๐˜€๐—ฝ๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐—ผ๐˜‚๐—ฑ ๐˜€๐—น๐—ผ๐˜„๐—น๐˜† ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—น ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—บ๐˜€๐—ฒ๐—น๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ธ๐—ฒ ๐—ฑ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐—ถ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€ ๐—ฏ๐—ฒ๐˜๐˜„๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ป ๐—น๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐˜€.

๐—™๐—ฟ๐—ฎ๐—ด๐—ฟ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐—ฐ๐—ฒ ๐—–๐—ต๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ: ๐—ช๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—บ ๐—ช๐—ผ๐—ผ๐—ฑ๐˜€
๐—ž๐—ฒ๐˜† ๐—ก๐—ผ๐˜๐—ฒ๐˜€: ๐—Ÿ๐˜‚๐˜€๐—ฐ๐—ถ๐—ผ๐˜‚๐˜€ ๐—™๐—ถ๐—ด, ๐—ฆ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜€๐˜‚๐—ฎ๐—น ๐—ฉ๐—ฒ๐˜๐—ถ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐—ฟ, ๐—™๐—น๐—ถ๐—ฟ๐˜๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ถ๐—ผ๐˜‚๐˜€ ๐—๐—ฎ๐˜€๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฒ ๐—ฆ๐—ฎ๐—บ๐—ฏ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ, ๐—”๐—ฟ๐—ผ๐˜‚๐˜€๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ข๐˜‚๐—ฑ

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
DecantX with the 20% off sale.

If you had stuff on your wishlist, might be time to look.

If you don't have anything specific you've wanted to try, save your money. Another sale will happen eventually.

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
Inspired by this thread, I finally kept it in the cart.

SOTD - Molecule 01 - Escentric

This was pushed heavily by the fragrance community 3-4 years ago.
It's just ISO-E Super, a fragrance chemical usually put in other perfumes.

But it "pushes" whatever fragrance oils used out even further.

Some say it smells like nothing - to me, it citrusy and "chemical" and aquatic/watery all at the same time. Like if you stripped Issey Miyake and Acqua di Gio of all of their other components.

I can see this being used for those that layer.

If you wanted this, you can get it pretty cheaply

Bunchy Carter

I'll Take The Money Over The Honey
Daps
Reppin
Triple O.G. Bunchy Carter

I get why it's (Sauvage) popular (and hated too as a result I suppose). Sharp. Bold. Doesn't really offend anyone and you can pretty much get it off in any environment damn near, I would assume. Smells "clean" and of course the obvious, it appears to be a hit with the heaux if you in dem skreets like that. I wasn't mad at it all and neither was the ole lady. Maybe not worthy of being a "signature" but def can't go wrong having this 'sweet herbalness" in the collection either.

I wouldn't mind trying the Elixir.

It's worth the money. The Elixir is good, more on the spicy side and has excellent longevity. I sprayed this on and went over to a females house to smash and she smelled me and was like you I smelled yummy lol, the females like it. I also wore it to work and was getting too may complemets from my female co-workers and that was the last time I wore it to work lol.

Macy's is having a 15% off sale on ALL fragrance/cologne
:whew: