brehs lets talk cologne game

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
^bet I’ll check it out. I’m not too big on clone houses but this is getting a lot of good reviews.
It's worth the good reviews. My samples of Creed are just collecting dust now that I own Milestone. The only thing I don't like about Milestone is the cheesy looking bottle, but the juice is A1.

Fresh

SOHH Vet since 2002
Daps
Got this shyt and I've been:wow:since.

Now that winter is here, I stay with Burberry Touch on deck. Woodsy, nutmeg and pepper.

Burberry Touch is the truth, I have a bottle myself, and you're right, it's perfect for winter,. and I'll wear mine in the Spring too, it's one of my favorite colognes in my collection

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
SOTD - Xerjoff - Don

Not for everyone. I've got some other gunpowder scents, but this might be the most gunpowder-y of them all.

Tobacco, Whisky, Gunpowder, and Spun Sugar

Without reading the notes, it smells like pepper. And I'm also catching some of the turpentine smell of whisky and the rawness of tobacco. I'm guessing the sweetness is there, but it would have to be gone for me to notice what it's doing to the rest.

Definitely not a warm weather scent, but also not that cozy either. I put this in my category of "getting stuff done during the day, not really fooling with other folks".

It doesn't smell bad, I rather like it. It's not off putting or massively strong, it's just not inviting either.

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
*Takes Xerjoff Don off my list*

It definitely leans into the "fragrance is wearable art" category.

If this joint was at fashion week

7b6099c4969b8b9fd36c982a31f08816.jpg

Fantomas by Nasomatto - is supposed to smell like new neon green tennis balls.
Fahrenheit by Dior - smells like gasoline.

This is one of those, imo.

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
Mrs. Trav got swindled at work by one of the Caribbeans brehs with an Aventus dupe. Thought I might have came up on sum'n nice low-key but this shyt is :camby: . She finna go get that bread byke or she sleepin' on the ottoman for the next cpl weeks. Appreciate the thought tho, I guess :martin:.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
cDx8aCPl.jpg

Ordering from Venba is legit. Just don't be a dumb ass and grab your fragrance box without supporting the bottom or else your fragrance could fall to the floor and shatter. :ufdup:

Thank goodness I still have my baseball reflexes.

denzel-washington-laughing.gif

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
what's the consensus in here on how long colognes last, properly stored away from bathroom or sun?

i've seen everything from 5 years to forever :dead: i don't think i've had one that's gone bad on me yet
I'm sure everyone will disagree with me here, but I think that "don't store fragrance in the bathroom" is a bunch of overblown bullshyt.

How fukkin hot does a bathroom get? Honestly?
Maybe these psychos who take fukkin blazing hot showers that fog up everything...yeah. Sure. You're probably not doing your colognes any favors.

But if you take normal, warm showers...I think it's fine.
Hey if people have the room to store it in their bedroom or if they have a closet...great. But I'm personally not going out of my way to do anything special.
Most people will never even finish their cologne bottles. So if the shyt maybe loses a tiny bit of potency 10 years later...dude go fukk yourself, you know? If you haven't finished that bottle 10 years later, you bought too much or you don't really love it in the first place.

Now, fine. Maybe WIA20XX and Monoblock have like 300 fragrances and decants and shyt so they have things laying around for 10 years and storage is a concern. Am I attacking them? Kind of. I mean not personally...but I think even they'd admit they have too many fragrances.

:hubie: