brehs lets talk cologne game

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
What are y'all go to's for the work environment? I'm usually a "blue scents" type of guy.

I don't even remember the work environment tbh.

Versace Eau Fraiche was probably my go to. And special occasions was Tobacco Vanille from my Oil Dude, and Noir Extreme

If them boys wanted to offer 350-500K for me to go back into the office, I'd rock these
  • Dior Homme Intense/Givenchy Gentleman
  • BDC Parfum
  • L'Immensite
  • ADG EDP, Profondo, Profondo Lights
  • LB Italian Love, LB Forever
Maybe something exciting on a Friday afternoon.

Fresh

SOHH Vet since 2002
Daps
wassup my Coli brehs

I was wondering since we all have a collection of cologne...which one do you use the most

I use Versace Blue Jeans and Burberry Touch the most

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I received decants of Pacific Rock Moss and Bohemian Lime from Goldfield & Banks.

I like them both. Youthful, but that's probably true of any summer scent. I only say that because I am :flabbynsick:

Each of these is what I might like to smell like if I was on a boat, or on vacation.
Rock Moss appeals to more people, I think. It reminds me of something I can't put my finger on. One of those old Polo Sport or Nautica scents from the 90s maybe. Elevated though.

These are good alternatives if you don't want to spend $100+ for Sedley, Perseus or another hyped fragrance by Youtubers. Or if you are not a fan of the Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue flankers.

DrunkenNovice

Superstar
Daps
Got Gucci Guilty EDP Pour Homme as a gift

For me I can only smell it maybe for 45 mins after spraying

I like the rose, and pepper in the opening but it don’t last :damn:

I’ve with it out the last few and the person I was with said they couldn’t smell it till they were right up on me, literally touching bodies lol.

I’m not the type they likes to overwhelm the space but I wanna be able to catch it myself.

TLDR smells good in the opening, but performance is trash on me.

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
Independence

This fragrance is our first installment in our #Juneteenth collection. Every year, a scent is released to commemorate Juneteenth being made an official US holiday.

This initial scent was designed to capture the profoundly rich yet gently empowering nature of the persevering Black man and woman. This concoction introduces the rich, sparkling character of the Black woman and settles into the strength and flavorful essence of the Black man.

Main Notes: Citrus Notes, Aldehyde Notes, Agarwood, Sandalwood, Vanilla

--------------------------------------------------------------------

*This smells really good. Like a fizzy citrus wood. I would buy a full bottle of this.

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane

This fragrance is the second installment in our #Juneteenth collection. This fragrance humbly pays homage to the desire of obtaining ‘sweet justice’ for the Black in America. Many groups and policymakers have discussed the possibility of reparations but in an attempt to gently remind ourselves and each other to keep striving for more nonetheless. As aforementioned, this fragrance has the aromatic appearance of ‘sweet justice’.

Main Notes: Ambergris, Musk, Citrus, Peppermint, Juniper Berry, Powder, Vanilla, Strawberry, Sicilian Orange, Bergamot
--------------------------------------------------------

*This smells nice but super weak. Why the fragrance with this name the weak scent?:francis:

Last edited:

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
SOTD - Finally 9 random draws and this is the last one - Guerlain - Tobacco Honey.

Like most fragrances, the discussion on this one came and went. 10 new fragrances come out every day, and most of them don't get press. And this isn't to mention the 100's of Thousands of fragrances previously released...

First Impression

The honey dominates this joint.
The tobacco is underneath.

Without looking at the notes
The tobacco leans towards that "red" tobacco style (Versace Imperial Tabac, Mancera Red Tobacco), as opposed to a wet/green style like Habanos/Tabac 28/ or a warm/spicy/sweet of Tobacco Vanille.

Looking at the notes
It also has Oud, Cloves, Anise, Tonka, Vanilla, Sesame, and Sandalwood.

Maybe that stuff is there. Maybe I'm smelling that medicinal/designer style of oud. I can't be for sure. Upon reading the notes, I can "detect" tonka and sandalwood - but I like to write my impressions without reading the notes

Is this comparable to anything else?

Naxos
comes to mind, and am not the biggest fan, but I prefer Naxos to this.
PDM Oajan and Zoologist Bee are both in my collection, and those are way more honey forward than this.

Overall - This is a miss for me. It's got all the types of things I like to see in the notes, Oud, Cloves, Anise, Vanilla, Tobacco...but as an actual fragrance...it's kinda meh.

Honey, like maple syrup (Followed - which is what I get, most people get a very sweet coffee) or cotton candy (Baccarat Rouge 540), is something I like/don't mind, but would only wear sparingly.

I would not rush to get my nose on this one.

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
SOTD - Finally 9 random draws and this is the last one - Guerlain - Tobacco Honey.

Overall - This is a miss for me. It's got all the types of things I like to see in the notes, Oud, Cloves, Anise, Vanilla, Tobacco...but as an actual fragrance...it's kinda meh.

Honey, like maple syrup (Followed - which is what I get, most people get a very sweet coffee) or cotton candy (Baccarat Rouge 540), is something I like/don't mind, but would only wear sparingly.

I would not rush to get my nose on this one.

menothimcover.jpg

It wasn't supposed to be like this! :damn:

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
Independence

This fragrance is our first installment in our #Juneteenth collection. Every year, a scent is released to commemorate Juneteenth being made an official US holiday.

This initial scent was designed to capture the profoundly rich yet gently empowering nature of the persevering Black man and woman. This concoction introduces the rich, sparkling character of the Black woman and settles into the strength and flavorful essence of the Black man.

Main Notes: Citrus Notes, Aldehyde Notes, Agarwood, Sandalwood, Vanilla

--------------------------------------------------------------------

*This smells really good. Like a fizzy citrus wood. I would buy a full bottle of this.
I need to get my hands on this.

Fresh

SOHH Vet since 2002
Daps
It's nice to see another breh over 35 years old in the thread!
:myman:

yeah I been into cologne since my senior year in high school, I had Ralph Lauren Romance cologne

then my cousin used to get me a bottle of cologne every Christmas, as a matter of fact she's the one who turned me on to Versace Blue Jeans

I wanted to get this Dolce and Gabbana cologne I got like in 2011, but when I went to the mall recently they said it was discontinued, it was piff too brehs
:mjcry: