brehs lets talk cologne game

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
Which blues are you brehs wearing this spring?

I swear this season, I'm gonna wear my citrus, marine/aquas and my blues hard...

But in terms of blues my #1 is Bleu de Chanel Parfum. I hope to finish up that decant and actually cop a bottle.

YSL - Y Intense
would be my #2.

The rest? Percival, the other Sauvage and Y flankers - that's gonna be tough.

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
I'm doing my citruses, greens, and blues.
Xerjoff-Mefisto, PDM-Sedley, Greenly, Mancera-Vetiver Sensual, Bvlgari-Aqua Atlantique, TDH-Eau Givree, Fragrance Du Bois-Solstis, Nishane-Sultan Vetiver
Good list!
I love Sedley, but it doesn't last on my skin at all. I get a couple hours and then nada.
:francis:

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Good list!
I love Sedley, but it doesn't last on my skin at all. I get a couple hours and then nada.
:francis:
See Percival does the same with me. I absolutely love it but it just doesn't last long enough. I was told to let it sit but I'm impatient. I'm ready for a long lasting clone for it if I can find it. Might have to look at Alexandria to see what they have.

Daps
I been going through the thread and seeing the knowledge being dropped but I need you brehs to school me on some things.

Application:
Do you take a hot or cold shower to open/close the pores?
Does lotion/Vaseline carry the scent longer?
Do you apply on your clothes as well as your pressure points(neck,wrists,ect)

Recommendations:
What are some good colognes in the $100 and below range that are good but not well known or popular to start with?

Random:
Applying before going to the gym. Is there a science behind that, or just to smell, feel good while working out?

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I've stopped spraying cologne on the front of my neck, chest and wrists.

I think it's probably true that when you spray in places in front of your nose, you're going to overload it. And you might think a cologne doesn't last but you're just blind to it.

So I just spray the back of my neck and ears....and maybe the outside of my shoulders/elbow.

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
I been going through the thread and seeing the knowledge being dropped but I need you brehs to school me on some things.

Application:
Do you take a hot or cold shower to open/close the pores?
Does lotion/Vaseline carry the scent longer?
Do you apply on your clothes as well as your pressure points(neck,wrists,ect)

Recommendations:
What are some good colognes in the $100 and below range that are good but not well known or popular to start with?

Random:
Applying before going to the gym. Is there a science behind that, or just to smell, feel good while working out?

We should do a cologne 101 and sticky it.

1) Pores? That's skin care stuff.
2) Lotion/Vaseline - I've heard that, but I've never tested it.
3) Clothes - most def - it lasts longer (and smells different) on your clothes.

Recs

Most guys

• Don't wear cologne, at all.
  • Those that do, most don't wear it daily.
  • Those that wear it daily, only have 3-4 bottles (which a good chance were gifts picked by gf's, wives, mom's, or they bought full price at the mall cause they got strong armed by a perfume lady)
  • Once you get into that 5th full bottle, you're like in the top 1-10% of cologne buyers. (I have about ~70 full bottles, and ~300 baby bottles, and I'm a light weight on this thread)
So practically anything in the top 10 best sellers of all time will set you apart from the average guy.

Stuff like - Sauvage, Acqua di Gio, Dylan Blue, Jean Paul Gaultier, Eros,
New stuff like Burberry Hero EDP, YSL MYSLF, Valentino Born in Roma Intense, JPG Le Male Elixir etc.

If you want something "cheap" and "obscure" - whatever they're selling at Marshall's/Burlington Coat Factory will be "good" and "cheap" and "obscure" for most purposes.

Now if you want internet points, just hang in this thread for a bit and see what @Sonic Boom of the South, @Trav , @Remote, @Monoblock is buying. Or what @BronxBomber is selling.

When it comes to buying - buy a 2-5 ml sample first!

Trust no one's nose but your own!
Also, 5mls, if you use it every day, 5 sprays, should last 7 weeks.

www.decantx.com

Random

GYM - I pick something that's not gonna be too overpowering. When I get hot and sweaty, my weakest colognes INTENSIFY. My Byredo stuff (my most weak sauce) is unwearable at the gym. And Nautica Voyage - damn near nuclear. And I don't mean that it chokes out other people, it chokes me out.
There's this cat that always seems to be on the squat bar wearing Baccarat Rouge 540 - imagine a strong candy cotton smell permeating the gym...smh.

DeeezNuts

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Manhattan, NY
Anyone here got JPG elixir .. im looking to cop.. how does it compare to 1million elixir.. I could cop both but I just want 1 and cop another niche joint for my collection

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
Anyone here got JPG elixir .. im looking to cop.. how does it compare to 1million elixir.. I could cop both but I just want 1 and cop another niche joint for my collection
Have both.

Both are sweet, really sweet, but the JPG has a hint of tobacco and some warm spices.

Emphasis on hint, cause someone would have to tell me that Tobacco was in there for me to notice it l.

They aren't redundant, but if I were to choose one, it would be the JPG. That said. I think the One Million Elixir is only slightly less popular.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I have gotten a bunch of decants over the past few months.
But it's almost all 2ml with a handful of 5ml and 10ml decants. So it's not really impressive to post photos of that kind of thing.

For the gym, I'm using the fragrances that I bought early on that I don't love as much...now that I have been exposed to more scent profiles. So they're colognes that I find pleasant, but I don't really care to wear them all day long.

Definitely listen to the guys here when they say that you have to trust your own personal tastes. One of us might recommend something...or you'll see a big time youtuber hyping something...and if you want to try it, that's cool. But it doesn't take a lot of youtube viewing to realize 90% of these guys recommend the same shyt.