brehs lets talk cologne game

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
SOTD. I have the OG but this extrait is godly. I had some Santal Complete shea butter I used on my hands this morning and rubbed my arms with it after spraying this and accidentally created some heavenly concoction.
grischarnelextrait.jpg

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
My parents are Rastas, so I don't know anything about this.

Does the Black Church rock that frankincense and myrrh?

I do like Ebene Fume and Royal Tobacco. I don't like ADG Profumo though

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps

Don't wear scents you don't like for other people...

SMH.

The real reason that perfume popped off in the first place was cause Euros wasn't into bathing....they didn't want to reek around other people..

Between the 16th and 17th centuries, perfumes were used primarily by the wealthy to mask body odors resulting from infrequent bathing.[21]

In the 21st century, there's a very specific reason to wear a fragrance that is liked by others, and not by yourself.... HOES.

This dude yammering about "other people" - the other people is women.

If I'm going out amongst the sundresses and mini skirts, I will put on some Sauvage or Dylan Blue. Those are not my personal 10 out of 10's. I rock the T-Rex and Rake and Ruin while I'm working from home...

Most of the fragrance community - reddit/parfumo/YT/tiktok - never wants to acknowledge that dudes were cologne to attract broads. (And those that do oversell, top 10 panty droppers of 2024...FOH Suburban Dad with a combover)

99% of the time cologne doesn't work.

But 99% of the time an engineering degree, job at an investment bank, neurosurgeon, 800 credit score, and 315 bench 1 rep max doesn't work either ... There are plenty of "Tall" gang dudes that get no play either.

But 1% of the time, rocking a good cologne, just being in the world, will give a chick a reason to talk to you first.

That's what a good smelling POWAFUL (c) Black Moon fragrance does.
It's the same with a good song or a good bit of drink.

And if you got a good mouth piece and step up first, she will be more inclined to hear your raps if you smell good. (good breath, good deodorant, good soap on the skin, good beard products if you have that, leather jacket, and cologne)

These snobs be so removed from society, so into their hobbies...

YEAH I'M HOT. But that was his hot take. This is mine.

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lemongrass, cherries, alkaline water
While we on hot takes, I don't even check for certain fragrances if the bottle looks wack. (this take inspired by the Sospiro bottle in thumbnail above) I know that sounds silly because the most important thing is the scent, but I do care for the aesthetics and for the price of some of these fragrances I need the whole package. I have not sampled much from Xerjoff for this very reason.

This has to be one of my fav. bottles, Ummo by Xinu. It is a Mexican house but I'm surprised the YT community didn't 'pick up' on this yet, same perfumer who created this also did TF Ebene Fume + John Varvatos Vintage and Artisan Pure, they must not be cutting checks. anyways its a tobacco scent (the dry, cigar-like variety), in the same lane as something like Tabac 28
ummo-3.webp

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
While we on hot takes, I don't even check for certain fragrances if the bottle looks wack. (this take inspired by the Sospiro bottle in thumbnail above) I know that sounds silly because the most important thing is the scent, but I do care for the aesthetics and for the price of some of these fragrances I need the whole package. I have not sampled much from Xerjoff for this very reason.

Agreed in spirit. Imagine me buying a full bottle nowadays...perish the thought

This has to be one of my fav. bottles, Ummo by Xinu. It is a Mexican house but I'm surprised the YT community didn't 'pick up' on this yet, same perfumer who created this also did TF Ebene Fume + John Varvatos Vintage and Artisan Pure,

Dammit, I was finna go that house when I was in Mexico City a few months back...

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I feel like this is so underrated.
I will buy a bottle of it soon, I just keep putting it off. But I really like it.

I would love to see where this ranks in terms of sold fragrances by designer brands. It can't possibly be inside the top 50 in America.
I agree, I hear that the whole Ideal line is nice as well. I doubt it is a top 50 seller due to the fact it is Guerlain and its only sold at the luxury department stores such as Neimann and Saks. So the common shopper not going to get their nose on it to even get a chance to test it.