brehs lets talk cologne game

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I'm betting it's a L'Immensite/Tygar clone.

But a big chunk of the fragrance community is very vocal about Aventus and its clones.

It's hard to think of other fragrances that people are this passionate about.
The only hype that is close to Aventus imo is Green Irish Tweed/Cool Water scent profile. Third would be Aqua di gio, 4th issey miyake. Aventus been out since 2014 and it is still going strong far as hype lol. So much the price has went up lol.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I guess Perseus will be an alternative to Sedley as a warm weather scent for Parfums de Marly.
The vetiver and grapefruit notes make me think it'll be sharper than what people are used to, and probably won't be super popular. But then again people do seem to love their Terre d'Hermes.

I just wonder if this fragrance will skew a bit on the more mature side, without being old man scented.

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane

These the other 2 FBO fragrances I got.

The Chocolate Greedy doesn't smell like the original at 1st but settles down to it.

I never smelled the Mula Mula original before. I don't smell no where near the amount of notes listed. I smell peach, faint vanilla and musk.:patrice:

An intoxicating trail of fruit, spice and rich gourmand base notes, Mula Mula is a mouthwatering journey of narcotic passion. It's a perfume from another world, a purely hypnotic and complex symphony of juicy peach and bright red berries, creamy vanilla amber, and rich Laotian oud, all sweetened with a thick ribbon of caramel. It's an indulgent recipe to be certain, but combined with such an expert touch that it never turns cloying no matter how deeply you drink it in. So go ahead and enjoy Mula Mula to your heart's content- leave room for moderation elsewhere.

Mula Mula Fragrance Notes

Peach, Caramel, Strawberry, Raspberry, Pink Berries, Ginger, Labdanum, Amber, Vanilla, Patchouli, Musk, Oud from Lao

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I automatically think Black Barbershop when folks say this.

And I'm like, "That smells good as hell"....

Now where did I leave my Pinaud...
Months ago at Macy's I sampled Tom Ford Beau de Jour, and I said to the lady... "Whoa. I'm not ready to wear that yet. Maybe in 10 years."

In that moment I thought it was old man smell. But there was something about it I liked, because I clearly could see myself wearing it someday. I'm going to revisit that to figure out whether I dislike it, or whether I was just scared of wearing it with confidence.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
With my purchase from fragrancebuy.ca came a sample of "Symphonium" by Xerjoff. Just sprayed it 5 minutes ago.

This might lean feminine but I kind of enjoy it. It's got this intoxicating chocolate note.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

My man.
Your posts in the wholesome thread really warm my heart. So understand that I respect you.

But dude...as soon as I got 10 seconds in and he said it was $200 for 10 ml...

1P1g.gif

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
My man.
Your posts in the wholesome thread really warm my heart. So understand that I respect you.

But dude...as soon as I got 10 seconds in and he said it was $200 for 10 ml...

1P1g.gif
No offense taken. I had the same reaction when I saw that Drake has a cologne.
:francis:
I can't even call that bs a fragrance.

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
I would hope that it's a good flanker and not just a minor tweak. I am more likely to take it more seriously given that it's coming from a respected, known house like Killian though.

I think he just put his name on a special bottle.

I wonder if his version is more expensive or cheaper than the OG?

hmmm