brehs lets talk cologne game

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Having a "beast mode" fragrance or something that lasts all day and projects like crazy is possibly the most overrated thing in the fragrance community.

It's probable that everyone else can smell you just fine, even if they don't say anything about it.
When I see reviews saying that something doesn't last all day, I feel like they're missing the point.

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
Having a "beast mode" fragrance or something that lasts all day and projects like crazy is possibly the most overrated thing in the fragrance community.

It's probable that everyone else can smell you just fine, even if they don't say anything about it.
When I see reviews saying that something doesn't last all day, I feel like they're missing the point.

I mean I get it.

When you start out, and spend "a whole $60 bucks" - that thing
  • Better last all day
  • Let everyone in the room know that you smell good
  • Ideally the cute girl in your English class says "You smell so good. What are you wearing? You should DM me later"
Even when you get out of the high school/college age/mentality - you still want a 300 dollar fragrance to have decent longevity.

Nothing like copping a heavily discounted price Creed, PDM, or Tom Ford but it only lasts 30 minutes.

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
Not a popular opinion, but I don't see myself buying a full bottle of MYSLF. It's not bad but nothing groundbreaking either. I'd pass it off as a stocking stuffer or as a part of one of my youngin's intro to dat smell-good life.

s-l1600.webp

Fresh

SOHH Vet since 2002
Daps
just took a long shower, and threw on my Nautica Voyage and it's a great cologne for after a shower if you're going for a fresh smell, no poster name pun intended, but Nautica Voyage smells really fresh

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I only wear scents with notes of tobacco & rum in the office on very special occasions

In the fall & winter, I gotta admit, tobacco is my favorite note
I didn't even wear Tobacco Vanille to work because I thought it was a bit risky.

Though it's probably a very safe scent.

But Jazz Club is pretty direct with the tobacco. I just thought it was a bit aggressive. Nobody has said anything about it tho. So I guess it's okay.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Sometimes when I don't pick up a note in a fragrance, I can't tell if there's only a tiny hint of it and that's why I can't detect it...

Or...it's blended so well, that I can't detect it.

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
Sometimes when I don't pick up a note in a fragrance, I can't tell if there's only a tiny hint of it and that's why I can't detect it...

Or...it's blended so well, that I can't detect it.

All I know is that my nose isn't that good.

Oxidation, Maturation, Maceration, Blending, Season, Heat, Light, Different Batch No's, etc all affect how something smells.

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
Very ballsy. That aint a work scent...maybe after work but during work hours...:patrice:
I don't be caring about the environment for what I wear. :dead:

I will be in a strategic conference smelling like blueberries. :skip: