brehs lets talk cologne game

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
vanillaafricanleather.jpg

Took damn near two weeks but finally got them. I had a third one (Kajal-Alujain) but it leans way too feminine and didn't even take a pic.

African Leather- This shyt doesn't play at all. Straight out the gate spicy cardamom and cumin with what I'm thinking is a eucalyptus kick on the dry down. I don't really get any leather but I don't care. I've never smelled anything like it before and I've been smelling it on the test strip since I got home nonstop. I definitely want a full bottle but that price.....
a7b9eca631101d2561401a61afa6e2df.gif

might just stick with another decant after I'm done with this one.

Vanilla Oud-Opening is saffron, vanilla, oud, and whiskey. The dry down is the star and this turns into a smoky, sweet apple vanilla. The only drawback I hear is that this doesn't last too long on skin. The YT guy Dedrick Hicks spoke highly on this one which is why I tried it. Its really good but for $300 a bottle I want the scent to last more than a few hours.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I would think that being down south a lot of these fragrances would perform really well given how warm the temperatures are down there.
I guess it all depends.

:patrice:

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
Vanilla Oud

This crept up on the decant list. Might have to move it up a few spots.

African Leather is in the same class as Hacivat, Aventus, Red Tobacco, Cedrat Boise, Reflection Man, L'Air du Desert Marocain, and Ganymede - niche scents that a serious cat is familiar with.

You might not like em, but you know what people are talking about.

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
Some of the Zara joints I got recently that I have tested.

ZARA MAGNIFICENT BLACK EDP 100 ML (3.4 FL. OZ).

Hamid Merati-Kashani presents us with a futuristic fragrance where three scent universes collide: mineral, wood, and floral leather. An amber fragrance that reveals aquatic and mineral chords, along with floral notes of violet and jasmine over a leather base wrapped in patchouli, vetiver, and cedar wood. A new “big bang” scent for men looking to push beyond their limits.

*I like this. It has a lite leather and stronger floral and yet a wet accord.

ZARA BOGOSS VIBRANT LEATHER EDP 60 ML (2.03 FL. OZ).

MODERNITY NOTES IMMERSE US IN A TRENDY MOOD

“The first Vibrant Leather with its fruity pineapple touch that gives it modernity, accompanied by cedar notes giving it a touch of woody rejuvenator.” Jérôme Epinette, Vibrant Leather perfumer.

Woody eau de parfum. Fragrance pyramid includes fruit notes of bergamot, lemon, pineapple and grapefruit, patchouli and leather accords
*I dont get much leather. I get the lemon, grapefruit, pineapple mix and a sea accord mix. I like it.
-------------------------

ZARA MEMORABLE AURA EDP 30 ML (1.01 FL. OZ).

A floral bouquet tinged with the juiciness of mango for an explosion of happiness.

*This a mango and vanilla mix.

ZARA FEMME 30 ML (1.0 FL. OZ).

Eau de toilette. Frangipani flower and peony, along with subtle hints of bergamot, open up the fragrance to create a vibrant sensation of surprising juiciness. At the heart, the seductive and powdery facets of orchid and heliotrope blend into the addictive creaminess of a vanilla and tonka bean accord. The velvety base of white musk and warm woody notes gives it a tactile and delicate character, enveloping the senses like an intense embrace.

*This a lite powdery floral and woods edt. Definitely needs to be layered with something else.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Anybody fukk wit bro's vids?

He was one of the reasons I copped that Gucci Guilty Absolute. Ain't checc'd too much of his other stuff tho.

So I've had a few days and watched a number of this guy's videos.

On the positive side, he mentions fragrances that a lot of the mainstream youtubers I've seen don't ever talk about. I don't know if he's super niche but he's more niche than most. He also does a pretty good job of explaining situations where a fragrance will be worn (I think).

On the negative side, this guy might be the GOAT backhanded compliment giver. This dude is fukking elite at lowkey hating popular fragrances. Like, I can admire it on some level, but at the same time it makes me want to hate this motherfukker.

The man made a video of the best 14 Tom Ford fragrances, and Tobacco Vanille didn't even make the list. Dude, go fukk yourself.

Plus, do I really want to listen to a man's opinion when he wifed this:

My G....

If that's your taste in PAWGs, how can I trust your tastes in fragrances?
For real.
You tell me.

:scust:

Last edited:

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
@Remote
I tried to ignore the last part out of having some couth but yeah, I can't believe that's who taking breh's fragrance in everyday but ya can't help who ya love right :dead: .

That's mainly what I liked tho, the variety. He def talks about a lot of smell goods that all the other channels don't bother with who just talk about the same ones for the most part.

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Boozy peach and apple. I only bring it out on the coldest days, it smells a little similar to Carlisle by PDM without the spicy/oriental feel.
It might be at the top of the list
Wish they sold samples though- not trying to blind buy

Cant go wrong with amber/saffron