brehs lets talk cologne game

DeeezNuts

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Manhattan, NY
Part of me wants to take advantage of this but I've never smelled any Bond No. 9 fragrances and doing a blind buy right now just doesn't sit right with me given that I already have a handful of fragrances I know I want more of.

But out of curiosity, which ones from Bond No. 9 do you like?
Kinda late but my fav bond no. 9 is scent of peace for him

Charlie Hustle

Light Bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sin City
Just started rocking BVLGARI Marine. Nice, super clean scent. I work aboard on a tropical island so this is great for the type of weather we have here.

191650-L2.jpg

DeeezNuts

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Manhattan, NY
Been out the game a few months now… only perfumes I’ve copped in the last 2 months were for my shorty… got her that chance by Dior.. the green one, also something from Jo Malone that she liked and then Killian love don’t be shy.. so since I’ve splurged on her…it’s my turn… I need some new shyt.. I have about 60+ colognes.. need something new new.. anything that came out last year .. almost pulled the trigger on that aventus absolu but I’m holiding off on that till spring… any recommendations breh?

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
Been out the game a few months now… only perfumes I’ve copped in the last 2 months were for my shorty… got her that chance by Dior.. the green one, also something from Jo Malone that she liked and then Killian love don’t be shy.. so since I’ve splurged on her…it’s my turn… I need some new shyt.. I have about 60+ colognes.. need something new new.. anything that came out last year .. almost pulled the trigger on that aventus absolu but I’m holiding off on that till spring… any recommendations breh?

I don't think 2023 was that good for new fragrances. A lot of elixirs on the designer end, and the popular niche houses didn't really bring it imo (I guess I'm a snob now, smh). And then there were prolly 3,000 fragrances from niche and indie houses that got no type of shine.

On the cheaper side, get your nose on
  • Le Male Elixir - easily 2023's hypebeast
  • Gentleman Society - woody fresh
  • MYSLF - and the fragrance that snobs hated, but regular people liked - woody fresh
  • Born in Roma Intense - sweet?
With 75 bottles, you probably have something that smells like all of these though.

On the more expensive side, peep
  • Althair (so much hype for a so-so scent imo) - sweet gourmand
  • Ingenious Ginger - ginger/warm weather scent

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Yea Im feeling like Bowtie when it comes to designer frags. shyt has been ridiculous for a minute now but they going into overdrive with these flankers.' Got my hands on the Valentino Born In Roma Intense and this shyt is dumb.

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
Yea Im feeling like Bowtie when it comes to designer frags. shyt has been ridiculous for a minute now but they going into overdrive with these flankers.' Got my hands on the Valentino Born In Roma Intense and this shyt is ridiculous and redundant.

The fragrance business model is for the casuals, not the hardcore.

A lot of guys, their first bottle was a gift from a girlfriend.

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Now I gotta order the MFK. Hmm.

S&P = certified killer. I don't even mention it to people tbh.
I think the blend of lavender, sandlewood, and vetiver smells similar to s&p but in a slightly different manner. Masculin Plureil seems more elegant but S&P seems to appeal to the feminine nose more

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yea Im feeling like Bowtie when it comes to designer frags. shyt has been ridiculous for a minute now but they going into overdrive with these flankers.' Got my hands on the Valentino Born In Roma Intense and this shyt is dumb.

Good video.

There is a lot of redundancy in the designer fragrance world right now from what I can see.

The more videos I watch on YouTube, the more I've come to realize most everyone hops on the same things. The other day I was looking at the top fragrances on Fragrantica and Parfumo. There's so much overlap it doesn't even matter.

Do you think fragrance houses are being lazy?
Because it's not like these fragrances from the last 2-3 years are bad. They're just not creative.

It's like...."this fragrance was successful. We're going to change 1 or 2 notes and release a new bottle." And sure....it "keeps the same DNA of the line" but does that even matter?

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Good video.

There is a lot of redundancy in the designer fragrance world right now from what I can see.

The more videos I watch on YouTube, the more I've come to realize most everyone hops on the same things. The other day I was looking at the top fragrances on Fragrantica and Parfumo. There's so much overlap it doesn't even matter.

Do you think fragrance houses are being lazy?
Because it's not like these fragrances from the last 2-3 years are bad. They're just not creative.

It's like...."this fragrance was successful. We're going to change 1 or 2 notes and release a new bottle." And sure....it "keeps the same DNA of the line" but does that even matter?
Lazy and greedy.