brehs lets talk cologne game

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane

They even tied the Katt Williams interview into the frag com.
:dwillhuh:

shyt like this is why I hate fragrance community mafukkas!

shyt just too corny.

It's a white dude reviewer I seen and for each review he opens the package then checks to see if the sprayer on the bottle faces the front of the bottle then throws a fit if it doesn't.

Dude has to be autistic.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

They even tied the Katt Williams interview into the frag com.
:dwillhuh:

Ok so for those who aren't watching the video, here's the list:

Giorgio Armani - Stronger With You (the OG)
Bulgari - Man In Black
Tiziana Terenzi - Ursa
Tom Ford - Tuscan Leather
Unique'e Luxury - Kutay
Nasomatto - Black Afgano
Chanel - Coromandel
Louis Vuitton - Ombre Nomade
Bond No. 9 - New York Oud
Amouage - Royal Tobacco

There, I saved you all 18 minutes.

Now one question I have is...if I already have TF Ombre Leather, does it make sense to also have Tuscan Leather? Or is there enough difference to justify having both?

Like between Ombre Leather, Tuscan Leather and Tobacco Vanille (which I think are all winter fragrances)...I suspect Tobacco Vanille is the clear top dog. But would you want all 3? Or just one or two?

:jbhmm:

Last edited:

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Also, I kinda need to check out some decants of Ursa, Ombre Nomade, and Black Afgano if they're available.

:lupe:

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps

Bulgari - Man In Black
Tiziana Terenzi - Ursa
Unique'e Luxury - Kutay
Nasomatto - Black Afgano
Chanel - Coromandel
Louis Vuitton - Ombre Nomad
Amouage - Royal Tobacco

Now one question I have is...if I already have TF Ombre Leather, does it make sense to also have Tuscan Leather? Or is there enough difference to justify having both?

Like between Ombre Leather, Tuscan Leather and Tobacco Vanille (which I think are all winter fragrances)...I suspect Tobacco Vanille is the clear top dog. But would you want all 3? Or just one or two?

Good question. I never bought Tuscan Leather because I already own Ombré Leather, and thought they might be too similar. Maybe I'll cop the Maison Alhambra Tuscan Leather clone so I don't have to pay full Tom Ford prices.

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps

Ombre Leather is a sweet leather, where has Tuscan Leather is specifically a raspberry + leather.
They dry down to about the same, but I now prefer Tuscan Leather.

When I first got TL, it smelled like cigarette ashes to me, so OL was my clear favorite. 3 years later, I like TL more.

I don't think you need both at all. One leather fragrance is usually enough imo.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Ombre Leather is a sweet leather, where has Tuscan Leather is specifically a raspberry + leather.
They dry down to about the same, but I now prefer Tuscan Leather.

When I first got TL, it smelled like cigarette ashes to me, so OL was my clear favorite. 3 years later, I like TL more.

I don't think you need both at all. One leather fragrance is usually enough imo.
Yeah you know what's funny is I find Ombre Leather to be good, but it can come across too sweet for me. So I'll go 1.5 sprays. MAYBE two. Because that sweetness in the beginning bothers me. Though I love it in the air after an hour or so.

BTW, there isn't a sweetness note for Ombre Leather on the Fragrantica page, so for everyone else, take that website with a billion grains of salt.

:beli:

I'll personally get Tobacco Vanille (honestly right now I'm just waiting to see what my Christmas bonus will be...it's a bit late this year). And then I'll get Noir Extreme when my decant runs out. Probably later on in the year to have for next winter. And realistically those will be the only 2 Tom Fords I'll rock with for the future.

Maybe if I get a sample of Tuscan Leather and if I love it, I'll consider that.

I think you're right though. Leather scents really stand out to people and it's probably not necessary to get a bunch of them.

capblk

Rookie
Daps

Bulgari - Man In Black
Tiziana Terenzi - Ursa
Unique'e Luxury - Kutay
Nasomatto - Black Afgano
Chanel - Coromandel
Louis Vuitton - Ombre Nomade
Amouage - Royal Tobacco

I have Ombre Leather and Tuscan Leather, they are very similar but not the same. I reach for OL way more often because it's more wearable and floral to me. With Tuscan Leather, I enjoy it but that one radiates like crazy off my skin so it can really fill the room with that leather and raspberry for the first few hours so I only wear on cold days.

You can sample and see how it fits into your rotation.

I'd suggest adding Oud Wood and/or Tobbaco Vaniile over Tuscan Leather.

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
Got this from Aroma Concepts website :francis:
I ordered 3 fragrances
This
Frenetic Homme Intense
Cherry Cola Elixir

These nikka didn't even send the Cherry Cola Elixir then sent Frenetic Tobacco Honey instead of what I ordered.

Now I'm waiting for them to send the Cherry.
These nikkas only have correspondence thru email. :francis:

I'm not going to go thru the drama of sending back the wrong item to exchange.

Never ordering from their site again.
Amazon make shyt so easy when there is an issue. I never have issues with Fragrancenet.

PISTACHIO KHAIR EDP

I like this it does smell like pistachios, hazelnuts, sandalwood, a lil creamy and tonka.

I don't smell all them other notes but this probably needs to macerate.

Definitely like this a lot already tho.