brehs lets talk cologne game

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The money is talking and people are going with clones instead of spending full retail on the real thing. These "influencers" are being told to what to cover.
Hey, I have nothing against clones undercutting designer fragrance prices.
You guys have told me all the time that things are wildly overpriced in this industry.

How I can say this another way?

Let's say Jordans are super popular and they cost $300. (The Designer)

Sure, you could buy a really good bootleg of Jordans that is 90% close to the real thing for 200. (The Clone)
But wouldn't you just rather get some quality Greats sneaker for $150? (The Niche)

Maybe this was a terrible example.

:mjlol:

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
You wake up.
You smell smoke
Fire alarm Kicks off and it ain't cause you a Single Mom calling into Kevin Samuels and can't afford to change a AA battery..

House is burning down.

What cologne are you taking with you, as your home burns down with your social security card, driver's license, deed, cash stacks put away for a rainy day, family pictures....

Grandmama's ashes?
Your notebook where you proved the Schröder–Bernstein theorem.
Proof that Shock G and Humpty Hump are actually 2 different people, with a polaroid of Humpty and Tupac chilling in Havana?

Forget all that, I got to save my scents!

What are you thinking
  • Most expensive?
  • Hardest to find?
  • Discontinued?
  • You got memories wrapped up in it?

What's irreplaceable?

You can only take 4!

Me?
  1. Pure Malt
  2. Tobacco Oud
  3. The One Royal Night
  4. Stronger with You Absolutely
1. Pure Havane
2. MFK- Gentle Fluidity Silver/Aqua Universalis Forte (toss up)
3. Slumberhouse-Kiste
4. Initio-Atomic Rose/Paragon (toss up)

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Hey, I have nothing against clones undercutting designer fragrance prices.
You guys have told me all the time that things are wildly overpriced in this industry.

How I can say this another way?

Let's say Jordans are super popular and they cost $300. (The Designer)

Sure, you could buy a really good bootleg of Jordans that is 90% close to the real thing for 200. (The Clone)
But wouldn't you just rather get some quality Greats sneaker for $150? (The Niche)

Maybe this was a terrible example.

:mjlol:

Nah don't get me wrong I'm not shaming clones at all, hell I have a ton of them and everyone know how much of a rider I am for FBO and his site. I've always been of the mindset that none of this shyt is worth the ridiculous prices they try to push on people. IMO no frag should be over $150 and thats about the limit I'll pay. Everything else I'm catching on sale or the secondary market.

I'm not really into J's as much but when I go for them I try to get the retail but even those are too fukkin high now (they damn near $300 retail now). I just go for comfort and quality now but I don't really go for the bootlegs but if someone decides to go the black market route then more power to them.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Nah don't get me wrong I'm not shaming clones at all, hell I have a ton of them and everyone know how much of a rider I am for FBO and his site. I've always been of the mindset that none of this shyt is worth the ridiculous prices they try to push on people. IMO no frag should be over $150 and thats about the limit I'll pay. Everything else I'm catching on sale or the secondary market.

I'm not really into J's as much but when I go for them I try to get the retail but even those are too fukkin high now (they damn near $300 retail now). I just go for comfort and quality now but I don't really go for the bootlegs but if someone decides to go the black market route then more power to them.
Yeah I'm not trying to bash clones either.

And I know the FBO guy on this site has his fans and he's got a successful business. I wish him the best, for real.

Maybe I'm just being a little bit of a hater (for lack of a better word) because ....dude how many times to I have to watch a video and it's like....ANOTHER Armaf?

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Yeah I'm not trying to bash clones either.

And I know the FBO guy on this site has his fans and he's got a successful business. I wish him the best, for real.

Maybe I'm just being a little bit of a hater (for lack of a better word) because ....dude how many times to I have to watch a video and it's like....ANOTHER Armaf?
I mean I hear you but that Saudi money is long and these boys are cornering the market in every way. Got these traditional frag houses on their heels and bringing in everyday people into the fold on some Walmart shyt. They've already got Khamrah trending so hard on Tik Tok and other frags undercutting famous scents.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
@BronxBomber got another haul coming from you (F'in Fabulous, Santal Complet, Green Butterfly, Michelin Star, Nocturna) but I already got my basket full with another order (Instant Crush, Crush On Me, Eden Roc, London Spice) I've been collecting vial samples from older orders on your site and its a few that got past me.
-Invite Only Amber 23.....maaaan the amber in this shyt is crazy. I can't wait for fall and winter I'm gonna be on this heavy.

-Ani I actually had a half dram of Ani I forgot about and I'm swinging in the air like Trey form Boyz N The Hood b/c it's not on your site anymore to buy a full bottle. Bring it back please

Sweet Diamond Pink Pepper 25- The rose in this shyt got me on the mid. The saffron, gourmand and sweet tobacco makes this an absolute fall stunner

Roi-Sans Equipage- Another fall/winter monster. The pepper/sweetness opening and then amber mid and the leather and tobacco dry down is just crazy.
What's that Santal Complet like?

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
They win the award for an Angels Share clone, lol.

That's not even traditional middle Eastern perfumery. Amouage and Nishane must be mad as hell.

From a consumer pov, I want to hear about more scents, not stuff I've already heard about, or stuff that copies what I've already heard about.

Low key, I'm surprised that Chaos isn't doing more clones.

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
What's that Santal Complet like?
Sandalwood and coconut bomb. Smells really good and has a good scent bubble. Reminds me of Gris Charnel. I really like it myself and even grabbed the shea butter from FBO.

@Sonic Boom of the South
My PHATOIL frags came in yesterday and you gonna have me like a mad scientist mixing shyt up. The Fig one made me order Mancera-Fig Extasy. I already used a few drops of the blueberry in my diffuser last night and had my shyt smelling like a blueberry muffin. The set I bought came with a wooden block car vent diffuser. I put a few drops of Bergamot, Pineapple and Cedarwood.... :banderas: Good looking out.

FBO never stops. Gotta make another order
althair.jpg

Last edited:

Womb Raider

movin' thru the city streets
Daps
Reppin
Fo Nem
Copped some Baccarat rouge 540 off a nikka in the bar, this shyt smells so fukking good :ahh:

Not sure which one is my current fav between spice bomb night vision or baccarat