brehs lets talk cologne game

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You wake up.
You smell smoke
Fire alarm Kicks off and it ain't cause you a Single Mom calling into Kevin Samuels and can't afford to change a AA battery..

House is burning down.

What cologne are you taking with you, as your home burns down with your social security card, driver's license, deed, cash stacks put away for a rainy day, family pictures....

Grandmama's ashes?
Your notebook where you proved the Schröder–Bernstein theorem.
Proof that Shock G and Humpty Hump are actually 2 different people, with a polaroid of Humpty and Tupac chilling in Havana?

Forget all that, I got to save my scents!

What are you thinking
  • Most expensive?
  • Hardest to find?
  • Discontinued?
  • You got memories wrapped up in it?

What's irreplaceable?

You can only take 4!

Me?
  1. Pure Malt
  2. Tobacco Oud
  3. The One Royal Night
  4. Stronger with You Absolutely
I don't have anything special that would stand out in a thing like this.

But I'd grab

Prada L'Homme
PDM Layton
TF Ombre Leather

And this is cheating, but I have decants of TF Noir Extreme, Guerlain L'homme Ideal, Xerjoff Naxos and MMR Jazz Club...among others. But I figure I could grab those in a handful.

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
I'm joking around on here and my oven element gives up the ghost and starts to flame up. Your boy got a fire extinguisher on deck.

Yet when I joke around about hitting the Powerball or the Republicans losing all their seats, nothing happens.

Sleepy Floyd

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Houston, Texas
So I've noticed that women say I smell good, no matter what cologne I wear...even strangers that I walk past.

Does it really matter what cologne I wear? Or am I just picking good colognes?

I ran out of YSL MYSLF so I've just been putting on the random samples I've collected over time.

I put on a sample of Spicebomb the other day and got way more reactions than usual so I picked up a bottle of Spicebomb Extreme. I didn't know if the sample was the Night Vision, the Extreme or the regular Spicebomb

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So I've noticed that women say I smell good, no matter what cologne I wear...even strangers that I walk past.

Does it really matter what cologne I wear? Or am I just picking good colognes?

I ran out of YSL MYSLF so I've just been putting on the random samples I've collected over time.

I put on a sample of Spicebomb the other day and got way more reactions than usual so I picked up a bottle of Spicebomb Extreme. I didn't know if the sample was the Night Vision, the Extreme or the regular Spicebomb
Didn't Myslf just come out?

How did you run out?

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Not sure how long this will last but Macy's has these Deals of the Day and some mainstream fragrances are on there.
It's these boxed sets (they always promote this crap) but if you want like, a 100 ml bottle and a 30 ml bottle, I've seen:

YSL La Nuit - $94 (]'m actually tempted to get this, even though I haven't ever smelled La Nuit before)
Acqua di Gio EDT - $86
YSL Y EDP - $132
YSL L'Homme - $123 (this one is a jumbo set, so the big bottle is the 6.7oz)
Armani Code Parfum - $107
Ralph Lauren Polo Red - $94
Acqua di Gio Profondo - $98
Acqua di Gio Parfum - $118

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
Him talking it surprises me considering how expensive his collection is
Same here, but it's the way things are going. A lot of the big/popular fragrance reviewers on YouTube are dedicating a lot of their content to clones now.
The reviewers made clones so popular that some of the clone houses are launching their own scents at designer/niche prices now.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I would much rather prefer to see or read content on niche fragrances than clone fragrances, but I wouldn't know where to begin.

I don't know that many niche houses and which are the more established ones with a solid track record.

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
I would much rather prefer to see or read content on niche fragrances than clone fragrances, but I wouldn't know where to begin.

I don't know that many niche houses and which are the more established ones with a solid track record.
I posted one of his videos a few posts back, but Aaron Terence Hughes has his own channel and there are some other good niche review channels that I've run across (I don't remember their names, but I'll try to find and post them).

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps