brehs lets talk cologne game

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane

This joint right here? How did you like the actual smell?
I love it.
It has a strong maple smell.
I also smell caramel and vanilla.
I don't smell any coffee.

I got a facial moisturizer I make that has maple in it so that scent fire for me.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What are you guys wearing to the following scenarios?

Office Christmas party?
Family Christmas Eve dinner/party?
Christmas Day?
New Year's Eve?
A winter day strolling around the city?

They don't all have to be different fragrances. If anything, people might have a dozen colognes but might only wear 2 or 3 for several months.

Just wanted to ask a question in a different way other than "what fragrances do you like?"

Mr. Jack Napier

#MambaForever
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
What are you guys wearing to the following scenarios?

Office Christmas party?
Family Christmas Eve dinner/party?
Christmas Day?
New Year's Eve?
A winter day strolling around the city?

They don't all have to be different fragrances. If anything, people might have a dozen colognes but might only wear 2 or 3 for several months.

Just wanted to ask a question in a different way other than "what fragrances do you like?"
I don’t have a game plan. I just throw whatever I feel like it that day.

Rev Leon Lonnie Love

damned mine eyes, DAMNED mine eyes!!
Daps
In the thread, somebody said something about having sealed packages.

This is my 95% of my collection - 70+ bottles, and 300? decants. (got about 30 decants in the fridge to slow down evaporation, and I keep everything in boxes unless it's in rotation. And the boxes are in a dark cabinet that's closed off from the light)

PXL-20231129-142450620.jpg

I have a good number of stuff I ain't taken out of the packaging - because I haven't finished the decant. That's what made me slow up on the bottle buying.

But I'd say a good chunk of my still sealed (like Acqua Di Gio Profumo) has been discontinued.

My plan is to sell a good # of the bottles this coming year, but the other side of me is like "Yo I almost have a full collection of Stronger with You..."
Was wearing Pure Havane just a few days ago. Bought it back in 2017 and yet to finish that bottle. The smell :ohlawd:

Rev Leon Lonnie Love

Daps
Anybody rock Imagination by Louis Vuitton? How is it?

This joint right here? How did you like the actual smell?
Where do people buy this? I need a place i can get juices at reasonable prices. I havent bought a new bottle in years

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
Where do people buy this? I need a place i can get juices at reasonable prices. I havent bought a new bottle in years

You can get it

1) Straight from the maker (Never ordered)

At 152 for 100ml, it's half the price of Bleu de Chanel Parfum 50 ml, so it's pretty good value. ...If you like the smell and can deal with how powerful it is.

Montale, Mancera, and Kerosene are probably the best bang for buck in terms of performance when you go niche.

2) Lucky Scent which you can get the dabber to try it out (ordered from them a few times this year, no issues)

3) If you want a sprayer - Perfumed Court (ordered a lot over the years from them, no problems)

Personally, I'd get it from Perfumed Court, like 2-3ml to test it.

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
Not a fan of the dabbers
I don't know why people do that.

I bought some sprayers on Amazon.

It's one thing when the manufacturer offers dabbers, but I feel some type of way about Ministry of Scent and Lucky Scent.

IMO, even the cheapies and clones need to be sampled.

I wonder how much it would be to set up that business.

The few times I've done physical product retailing, so much of the money gets tied up in product and shipping costs and time.

Rev Leon Lonnie Love

Daps
You can get it

1) Straight from the maker (Never ordered)

At 152 for 100ml, it's half the price of Bleu de Chanel Parfum 50 ml, so it's pretty good value. ...If you like the smell and can deal with how powerful it is.

Montale, Mancera, and Kerosene are probably the best bang for buck in terms of performance when you go niche.

2) Lucky Scent which you can get the dabber to try it out (ordered from them a few times this year, no issues)

3) If you want a sprayer - Perfumed Court (ordered a lot over the years from them, no problems)

Personally, I'd get it from Perfumed Court, like 2-3ml to test it.
preciate it :salute:, the 3rd site looks like what I need to test this out for a bit before commiting

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
@BronxBomber
I got a sample of that Mindgames Checkmate soap.........I need to know when you rolling this one out. I grabbed Blue Ginger Moon Dash, Ingenious Ginger, On A Date, Silky Woods, The H Exclusive Parfum and Layton Shea Butter. Also grabbed Frenetic Delicieuse since Feve is discontinued. I've only worn that Blue Ginger Moon Dash yesterday and its super fresh and citrusy.
frag2.jpg

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm almost done with my decant of Noir Extreme and I love it.

But I've been flipflopping on whether I want to Stronger With You Absolutely.

Then I came across this old reddit comment and had to laugh. No shade to SWYI. I am sure it's a banger. :hubie:

If you want to smell like somebody who wishes they had their shyt together go with Stronger With You Intensely.
If you want to smell like somebody who has their shyt together go with Noir Extreme.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Are there any great colognes with a coffee note?
I rarely ever see that talked about.

A million citrus forward scents. Flowery. Powdery. Sweet. Vanilla. Even leather and peppery. Boozy.

Rarely if ever do I see coffee tho. Or what are some other scent profiles you guys find way underrated?