Houston
Goals? Or triggered?

ezgif-5-60ca22f01d.jpg
Challenge accepted.

SOTD-Kiste by Slumberhouse

The Message

Lex with tv sets the minimum
Daps
anyone got a line on a trustworthy source where i can get acqua di gio profumo? it’s discontinued :mjcry:

i like the new parfum, but i liked profumo better.

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
Considering you can only wear 1 a day while also wanting to consistently wear the same juice over a period of time. Thats too much in my opinion

There's a thread to today about whether collecting cologne is a hobby or an addiction?

I'm still turning it over in my own head to be honest.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
There's a thread to today about whether collecting cologne is a hobby or an addiction?

I'm still turning it over in my own head to be honest.

I think it's a hobby more than an addiction.
An addiction to me suggests some kind of involuntary dependency.

I think the people who buy fragrance after fragrance fall into two categories: 1) people who always feel there's something better out there for them.....and 2) people who are constantly after a rarer scent that fewer and fewer people will have or recognize. And while those two types of people are probably engaging in wasteful behavior at best, I'm not sure it's necessarily as self-destructive the way most of us think about addiction.

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
I think it's a hobby more than an addiction.
An addiction to me suggests some kind of involuntary dependency.

I think the people who buy fragrance after fragrance fall into two categories: 1) people who always feel there's something better out there for them.....and 2) people who are constantly after a rarer scent that fewer and fewer people will have or recognize. And while those two types of people are probably engaging in wasteful behavior at best, I'm not sure it's necessarily as self-destructive the way most of us think about addiction.

In the thread, somebody said something about having sealed packages.

This is my 95% of my collection - 70+ bottles, and 300? decants. (got about 30 decants in the fridge to slow down evaporation, and I keep everything in boxes unless it's in rotation. And the boxes are in a dark cabinet that's closed off from the light)

PXL-20231129-142450620.jpg

I have a good number of stuff I ain't taken out of the packaging - because I haven't finished the decant. That's what made me slow up on the bottle buying.

But I'd say a good chunk of my still sealed (like Acqua Di Gio Profumo) has been discontinued.

My plan is to sell a good # of the bottles this coming year, but the other side of me is like "Yo I almost have a full collection of Stronger with You..."

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
In the thread, somebody said something about having sealed packages.

This is my 95% of my collection - 70+ bottles, and 300? decants. (got about 30 decants in the fridge to slow down evaporation, and I keep everything in boxes unless it's in rotation. And the boxes are in a dark cabinet that's closed off from the light)

PXL-20231129-142450620.jpg

I have a good number of stuff I ain't taken out of the packaging - because I haven't finished the decant. That's what made me slow up on the bottle buying.

But I'd say a good chunk of my still sealed (like Acqua Di Gio Profumo) has been discontinued.

My plan is to sell a good # of the bottles this coming year, but the other side of me is like "Yo I almost have a full collection of Stronger with You..."
Your collection is impressive. Just looking at that photo, I'd love to try the YSL Bleu Electrique, Stronger With You Absolutely, Bulgari Man In Black, and one of those Dolce & Gabbana The One flankers that for some stupid reason only show up in the middle east.

Oh wait, and that beautiful brown Mugler up top.

As some random goon on the coli, I say = let's have some kind of raffle or contest where one of us can win a decant or bottle from your collection.

If I were you, I'm not sure I want to casually give away something that I could sell for $100+ online.

And in my most honest voice: even if I won such a contest, I don't think I'd even accept it because while you're all nice people, I don't think I want anyone on the coli knowing my mailing address.
:whoa:

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Oh wait.
Can someone talk about that Guerlain Ideal? I've seen a couple of videos and apparently it's good. But it's not really known in the US.

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
If I were you, I'm not sure I want to casually give away something that I could sell for $100+ online.

And in my most honest voice: even if I won such a contest, I don't think I'd even accept it because while you're all nice people, I don't think I want anyone on the coli knowing my mailing address.
:whoa:

When I sell, nobody's getting the "friends and family" price.

Sell the decants in bundles.

Not sure about the bottles, maybe Reddit, maybe Ebay.

There are swap groups on Facebook, but I'm never on Facebook.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
@WIA20XX What's the bottle in the bottom right corner?
Next to the Bleu de Chanel and the Acqua di Gio....

It's black with gold. I know I've seen it on youtube but I can't remember what that is.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
BTW,

You've got some Scotch Porter bottles in the middle of that photo. And I am pretty sure Macy's was getting rid of those last week.
I think they were under $50 with a code.