brehs lets talk cologne game

Fresh

SOHH Vet since 2002
Daps
I'm in a bind. I only love fresh/citrus fragrance but they don't last
I will probably drop $400 on a bottle if it can achieve the impossible of making freshies perform like heavy scents

I like fresh citrus scents too, any brehs got any info on the best ones ?

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
If it's similar to this one, about $30

Seems like Sephora and Kohls have their own to around $75-$85 with different colognes.

I wouldn't be mad at it cuz like stated, a gift is a gift, but I'm also glad my girl is the type to just ask me to pick sum shyt and she'll cop like last year when she got me the 1 Million Lucky joint lol
I keep watching & waiting for a restock of this set:

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
Anybody ever ordered from Parfums Vintage?

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I received decants of Parfums de Marley Herod and Carlisle.

Herod's opening...that pepper hit me like a ton of bricks. It's just not for me. After a couple of minutes once it settled down, it became a lot better. Much smoother to me. The thing is, I'm not sure why I would choose this over Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille. There are better Tobacco scents out there. And maybe I'll try Amouage Royal Tobacco next. But considering I already like the Tom Ford, it's just searching for the sake of searching. Sometimes if you got shyt you already like, you're just wasting time and money looking for other shyt.

Carlisle is basically Herod without the tobacco and pepper. And sweeter. I like this more. I'm not sure why I feel like I smell leather. I didn't see any leather notes for it online. But I smell leather. It's a nice scent. It's just not amazing for me.

I could justify paying money for a full bottle of Layton, even though everyone hates on how popular it is. That to me is an amazing scent, legitimately. I couldn't really buy Carlisle or Herod without lying to myself about it being overpriced. I got these decants for under $20 because of gift cards and if you're interested in trying them out, that's close to what I think people should spend.

Just my opinion.

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
I'm in a bind. I only love fresh/citrus fragrance but they don't last
I will probably drop $400 on a bottle if it can achieve the impossible of making freshies perform like heavy scents

I got that Happiness Oud edp and although that shyt super strong on application, that mf last forever

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps

At the $300 - I'd say these are the current kings of citrus in the "community".
  • Louis Vuitton's Imagination and Afternoon Swim.
At the 150-200
  • Nishane Hacivat. It's thought of as an alternative to Aventus (much like Cedrat Boise), but I find it to be too beastly. All the other fragrances have average/below average performance. Not this one, in my not so humble opinion.
  • Goldfield and Banks - Bohemian Lime - Big with the heads, I'd say this is one of the top 30 niche fragrances that cats need to put their nose on to keep up with the conversation.
  • Phlur - Tangerine Boy - Literally smells like tangerine. A tad too sweet for me on a daily. But it's a good occasional joint.

At the $100
  • Dolce and Gabanna - Light Blue Series - some are better than others, but the most recent joint is very popular (Summer Vibes). My favorite one is LB Forever. I also really like LB Italian Love.
  • Acqua Di Parma - I swear the whole line is Italian Citrus, but they got some good ones for sure. I really like Colonia.
  • Armani - Acqua di Gio Series - The EDT is the OG, but the EDP, Parfum, and Profondo are citrus + water notes. The Parfum has an incense at the backend of it.
  • Hermes - Terre d'Hermes - I think most of the hermes designer stuff is citrus focused. The EDT is my fave.
Less than 50?
  • Nautica Voyage - more marine than citrus, but citrus
  • Missioni Wave - Marine and Citrus.
  • Versace Eau Fraiche/Pour Homme - great starter colognes but also great summer colognes.

Fresh

SOHH Vet since 2002
Daps
At the 150-200
  • Nishane Hacivat. It's thought of as an alternative to Aventus (much like Cedrat Boise), but I find it to be too beastly. All the other fragrances have average/below average performance. Not this one, in my not so humble opinion.
  • Goldfield and Banks - Bohemian Lime - Big with the heads, I'd say this is one of the top 30 niche fragrances that cats need to put their nose on to keep up with the conversation.
  • Phlur - Tangerine Boy - Literally smells like tangerine. A tad too sweet for me on a daily. But it's a good occasional joint.

At the $100
  • Dolce and Gabanna - Light Blue Series - some are better than others, but the most recent joint is very popular (Summer Vibes). My favorite one is LB Forever. I also really like LB Italian Love.
  • Acqua Di Parma - I swear the whole line is Italian Citrus, but they got some good ones for sure. I really like Colonia.
  • Armani - Acqua di Gio Series - The EDT is the OG, but the EDP, Parfum, and Profondo are citrus + water notes. The Parfum has an incense at the backend of it.
  • Hermes - Terre d'Hermes - I think most of the hermes designer stuff is citrus focused. The EDT is my fave.
Less than 50?
  • Versace Eau Fraiche/Pour Homme - great starter colognes but also great summer colognes.

thanks for the detailed recommendations

Mazino

All Star
Daps
Anyone who hyped it last year is automatically bushes status as far as being followed or subscribed, I think.
It's was beyond obvious most if not all mentioning it were shilling it heavy.

It just comes out of nowhere and is getting airtime. They weren't buying the shyt, were getting it for free and having it in their top 10 lists on the regular.

Jalether

Superstar
Daps
Purely based on scent and not performance

From these ones I have tried, my favourite are

Xerjoff nio (best natural smelling citrus with green undertone)

Byredo bal d afrique (clean and fruity)

Creed erolfa (the best aquatic scent imo)

annick goutal eau d hadrien (the best bergamot scent)

Creed aventus

Jalether

Superstar
Daps
At the 150-200

At the $100
Less than 50?
It's sacrilegious to leave out xerjoff nio in the $300 range, otherwise a great list