brehs lets talk cologne game

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I want to buy some of the colognes y'all talking about, but I can't buy something without smelling it first :wow:
Pick up half drams from FBO or decants from the other 2 sites.

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
Daps
Pick up half drams from FBO or decants from the other 2 sites.

:ohhh: I gotta rep you.

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
What brand are the bottom two?

DUA is a clone house and make a lot of "impressions"/"inspired by".
Oil Based.

Competition for The Coli's own FBO.
I can't tell you about projection or scent trail, but like FBO, the last FOREVER. I've got so many on the shelf, that I sort of like the ones that fade at 6-8 hours.

They run a sale every weekend, or every other weekend. 20-30% off.

I've got 5-6, I can only recommend their When in Killer Havana, and Mobster (their first original).
Plumlicious (their take on TF's Plum Japonais) isn't bad either.

They've got a weird smell the first two weeks, but then "macerate".

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
Just ordered these.

Can't wait to see the review on this one. Might grab some samples

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
Last edited:

BronxBomber

www.FragrantBodyOilz.com
Daps
Prepare to be disappointed with any of the super popular expensive scents.

I like both of them, and recommend...but gotta sample first.

I love Herod, I like Layton.... I think you have to be careful cause people will hype something we get it and be like.....

:beli:
I actually do like the Tobacco Vanille. I just ended up with Ombre Leather instead.
And I have some samples of Noir Extreme. It's not niche stuff but those Tom Fords just sit well with me.

Now that I'm thinking about it, I might get a small decant of Layton though. And maybe Mancera Red Tobacco since that's been on the wishlist for a while...so I'll check that out.

I just took a look and I remembered that I do like that Cedrat Boise too.

The JPG and Givenchy you mentioned earlier...I think I can test those out at the mall one of these days.
We were ahead of the curve on the Red Tobacco, we had it couple years ago and it did well, we have it vaulted so we still have the formula, but we can tell from the notify me that people now want this. Well let me say sometime ahead of our customer tastes.

It's supposed to be an Aventus clone, with a really harsh opening.

It smells like lemon pledge to me. After 20 minutes, it does start so smell like birch/smoke. For me, the opening makes it unwearable.

Aventus, my batch, smells briefly like pineapple/citrus and then goes to birch/smoke.

The funny thing about Aventus, Creed can't even make Aventus smell like Aventus anymore. I think one of the chemicals in the OG was banned. (Lilial?)
Creed has made so much money off Aventus and also created so much confusion with batching. There is something going on now because I just had a customer ask me about which version we had. I was explaining to him that our version is from like 2012/2013 before general public was up on batches. Even us as a company, we had no idea. We have one of the originals so its smokier then all the new ones, but its kinda why we added Pineapple Vintage because some cats really wanted the later pineapple versions.

FFW now they have 10th anniversary, Cologne and now this Absolu.... We havent gotten the Absolu, but will probably discontinue the Cologne, it's good but honestly I think the 10th anniversary is the best one.

This the 1st Mind Games fragrance I tested.

shyt is ok. I get the lavender note and a lil oud.

I dont get all the other notes.

Yt reviewers talk like MG scents all have huge projection and silage but this weak on skin. shyt dissipates quick.

It last longer on clothing but noting special.

I'm definitely underwhelmed considering the hype.

There are websites that will have sales or discounts but MG scents will be the only brand not included like it is some extreme brand.
:salute:Love the pic

Fam test the Checkmate out, my team and I really loved it. We are working on duplication. We have this one but we were like it's ok, we will probably follow up with it though in 2024, if the hype is still there.
Haven’t bought anything new in a while. I think it’s important to where what you already have. It’s still very much hot in AZ (we hit 100 degrees regularly through October).

Scents that I put the biggest dent in this Summer are…..

Sean John 3AM: this is my daily driver/office scent. It’s clean, fresh, sweet without doing to much. Perfect for when you want to smell good but not be the “cologne” guy. Works well in high heat, while being unique.

Super versatile, really easy to pull off, you can get away with this almost anywhere: in the office/school, on a date, gatherings etc.

I don’t wear fragrance for compliments but this juice garnered them. The atomizer is the best in my collection.

Black Panther (Bvlgari Tygar): another high heat banger. Very simple, yet sophisticated. 2-3 sprays of this and I’m good for the day. Excellent longevity snd performance.

Milestone (Milliseme Imperial): Fresh, watermelony-salty, musk and woody notes. Without fail, whenever I put this on I get a comment on how good it smells. The sillage on this is almost narcotic like to those who smell it in the air. Beautiful perfumery.

Honorable Mention: MFK Gentle Fluidity Silver

Looking forward to rotating in the FBO Azzaro Most Wanted by Night oil, FBO Angels Share oil, MFK Grand Soir…..wear what you have more and you’ll begin to appreciate and pick up on the nuances.
:salute:
I made a Most Wanted Shower gel, was testing new shower gel formula, and honestly I really really like it. I think it's a great everyday wear. You know? It's like it won't be offensive, people will say you smell good etc. I dont think it's super complex or something I havent smelled. I think has mass appeal.

Angel Share..... Sales for that is up over 155% year over year. It moved from maybe top 30 seller for us to top 7. YouTube reviews are helping that. It's an amazing fragrance though. But like Grand Soir, I dont think all men can wear it. If you out here with dirty finger nails.:what: it's not for you....
Go to @BronxBomber site and pick up BTV-Torero. Best pear frag I've smelled.
LOVE Torero. Its underrated. We released Pear INC and I cant front havent had a chance to wear it, I dont think on first glance / smell I was overly impressed. We made sample soaps of it, it was kinda making sure we get a Pear fragrance, with it in the name. Many consumers buy from the name initially.
DUA is a clone house and make a lot of "impressions"/"inspired by".
Oil Based.

Competition for The Coli's own FBO.
I can't tell you about projection or scent trail, but like FBO, the last FOREVER. I've got so many on the shelf, that I sort of like the ones that fade at 6-8 hours.

They run a sale every weekend, or every other weekend. 20-30% off.

I've got 5-6, I can only recommend their When in Killer Havana, and Mobster (their first original).
Plumlicious (their take on TF's Plum Japonais) isn't bad either.

They've got a weird smell the first two weeks, but then "macerate".

Dua has some tricky marketing but I think they have an above average product, but the cost to quality equation is alittle off. But Im on the other side. I wish I started off with those price points lol. Ive realized I severely under priced lot of what we have done. In some ways feels good cause we have some folks that really rock with us, 15-20 years deep, in other ways I be like damn I could have had me a Porsche SUV instead of a Mazda :russ:

Maceration is real. We have a couple of fragrances now we keep in our storage unit for couple of weeks.... Hard to explain to a customer that yes I know last time you got it, it was clear, and more of this note, give it 3/4 weeks you will see it change. Our folks be like :pacspit: ..... \

It is real though. Fragrances change with their exposure to oxygen.