brehs lets talk cologne game

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
It's pretty cheap in terms of cologne.

On the notes alone, it sounds like it's just a good everyday warm weather scent, not a lady killer.

Got some alternatives to it that wouldn't be far off from what it's trying to do, but up another level I guess?

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
You still fukkin with this? And has anybody else tried it? I see it for around the same price and was looking for something similar.
Nah breh. Their new batch is weaker than before. shyt only lasts like 3 hours of projection. Its good if u have a girl who will constantly be near u. But the price is cheap so id cop and use it randomly at home when the wife is around

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
Found some cheap $14 cologne at Marshalls and its a replica of Dior Savuage. shyt has the exact smell of the dry down and last all day.

Renegade intense

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
Got some alternatives to it that wouldn't be far off from what it's trying to do, but up another level I guess?

I've never put my nose on Happy, so I can't really know what to recommend based on the smell itself.

The notes though? That's easy.

This reads like a sweeter version of Acqua Di Gio. Good flanker that has more citrus is Acqua di Gio Profondo. (80 ish) It's not sweet though.

Off top, i've got
  • Terre d' Hermes - which is flint + orange - 60 ish. Great day time scent imo. Orange but not too sweet.
  • Tangerine Boy from Fragrant Body Oilz - which is definitely very tangerine. 30 ish. Tangerine and very sweet.
  • Versace - Eros Flame - It's blood orange, which I like in soda, but hate in cologne.
I'm interesting in checking out

If you really want to spend some coin

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
GIORGIO ARMANI Acqua Di Gio Profumo for Men Eau De Parfum Spray, 2.5 Fl Oz Amazon.com

No idea if that’s a good deal
It was recently discontinued and been replaced by a slightly different cologne called Acqua di Gio Parfum. All the fragrance reviews said the new version is 99% of the old one. It's redundant to have both, unless profumo is your signature scent. In which case get the old one.

Guerlain just did the same thing, cancel an old cologne and release a new one that smells like the last one with a different name.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It was recently discontinued and been replaced by a slightly different cologne called Acqua di Gio Parfum. All the fragrance reviews said the new version is 99% of the old one. It's redundant to have both, unless profumo is your signature scent. In which case get the old one.

Guerlain just did the same thing, cancel an old cologne and release a new one that smells like the last one with a different name.
Just wanted to share for the chat. Anything I would get now would be a small decant.
I have too many colognes to go through at the moment, lol

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lemongrass, cherries, alkaline water
I'm going through a sample set from Alexandria. As some of yall know they do a lot of clones but have some originals as well. The two standouts for me are Dapper 1959 and Arabian Horse, I'll probably end up with a bottle of both. Dapper 1959 is one of their original creations, barbershop style fragrance that is mature without smelling too old. Arabian Horse - clone of Herod. There's something in the blend that isn't quite as smooth as Herod but it's still an enjoyable scent overall, I didn't get good performance from Herod

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
Pour one out/spray one up for a real one - Olivier Pescheux died this week.

My fave of his - Herod

And one of his most popular - Versace Eros Flame

He also did 1 Million by Paco Rabbane

BronxBomber

www.FragrantBodyOilz.com
Daps
Tried that Givenchy Gentleman Society - not bad. It's missing the iris note, but still decent. Definitely has a lot of innocuous mass appeal. Perfect for the office, but I wouldn't rush out buy a bottle.

Finally went back to Dylan Blue - and at first I didn't really notice the Blue aspects. After having it in, I could definitely get the Sauvage vibe from it. Definitely something that can hold space until you can get the Dior's and Chanel's in your collection.

Anyway, I'm at the gym getting it in on a Saturday. Big Black Jesus, dressed in all black, is doing his monk style workout. He walks by me, and guess what he reeks of?

Baccarat rouge 540.

It's the most un-gymly scent I can think of. Shout out to him though, I was on my last legs, but trying to get away from that cloud of Arianna Grande made me push through my set faster.
Man I can say I smell 540 everywhere! Its sickening :unimpressed:

I know when people first smell it they go crazy cause it is / was unique. Now.... It's like we have released so many fragrances that have taken the DNA Flipped it and bounced it. Only a couple have done it well, hid it or made it better. Kalan comes to mind...

Recent Purchases

Salt & Pepper by Precious Liquids - This is a pretty neutral scent so it almost turns into a skin scent. It opens with the pepper notes which seem to stimulate the senses which in turn makes it a great scent to use fresh out the shower. Online there's hype about it being a certified panty dropper. @Cat piss martini I'm going to hit a couple of spots this weekend to gauge reactions. This is my date night/special occasion scent. It would work in a office setting but the price of entry for a bottle is $275.00 for a 75 ml and there's cheaper choices for office scents. Top notes are Sichuan Pepper, Black Pepper and Pink Pepper; middle notes are Bergamot, Caraway, Carrot Seeds and Coriander; base notes are Sea Notes, Violet Leaf, Patchouli and Olibanum.

Molecule 01 + Mandarin by Ecentric Molecules- The OG Molecule One has been one of my "Go-Tos" forever. Molecule One Mandarin has the same effect that the OG has to where everyone can smell the smell but you and its neutral enough to layer with other scents. The Mandarin version opens up like a salted mandarin. It reminds me of a sour Mandarin Margarita. This works for spring, summer, date night and the office. Layer it with Tangerine Boy after it drys down @BronxBomber

Montale Ristretto Intense Cafe - I heard a colibreh talking about this so I copped a dram. The scent immediately reminded me of the Mall of Dubai and the Dubai Airport. This is like the starbucks seasonal coffee version of coffee colognes. It is one of those scents people want to keep smelling to try to "figure it out." If you use cocoa butter as a moisturizer, it will pair well with it. To me, this is more of a winter scent.

Tangerine Boy (FBO version) - This is a great summer scent and date night scent. Its sweet and bold but not candy sweet. I think it has the potential that Curve had as a panty dropper back in the day.

I have PDM Layton, Dior Homme Intense and Dolce & Gabbana The One in the mail and will be hitting up FBO again soon too.
:salute:

Love 01 and 02 with EVERYTHING. If you want to rock something that is a staple, but want to add some steroids and crack to it. :russ:

I've never put my nose on Happy, so I can't really know what to recommend based on the smell itself.

The notes though? That's easy.

This reads like a sweeter version of Acqua Di Gio. Good flanker that has more citrus is Acqua di Gio Profondo. (80 ish) It's not sweet though.

Off top, i've got
  • Terre d' Hermes - which is flint + orange - 60 ish. Great day time scent imo. Orange but not too sweet.
  • Tangerine Boy from Fragrant Body Oilz - which is definitely very tangerine. 30 ish. Tangerine and very sweet.
  • Versace - Eros Flame - It's blood orange, which I like in soda, but hate in cologne.
I'm interesting in checking out

If you really want to spend some coin

Fam we sell so much Versace Eros Flame. For a designer fragrance it's really nice!
Tangerine Boy does citrus right! I actually enjoy the dry down more then I thought I would..
Pour one out/spray one up for a real one - Olivier Pescheux died this week.

My fave of his - Herod

And one of his most popular - Versace Eros Flame

He also did 1 Million by Paco Rabbane
YOooooooo

I just sent this to our team...

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I just got L'Homme A La Rose today by MFK. I just got it because I personally like it. I could wear it and not care what others think.

There's some fragrances I know we buy because we buy into the hype and get it. Like style, your fragrance wardrobe should consist of things you personally enjoy. Definitely a masculine rose scent.

I'm keeping a look out for this in the fall/winter.