brehs lets talk cologne game

Jalether

Superstar
Daps
I always knew that $100 bottle of cologne was like less than $1 for the juice and prolly more for the bottle. But all cologne, even the 20 dollar joints at Marshalls are luxury goods imo. Soap, Shampoo, Deodorant, at least in America, is not a luxury good.

I think that fact that smell/cologne is a sensory thing, that's why it's so addictive. A breh on here talked about this a few months ago, shoulda saved the post.
There's so much I want to at least put my nose on, most of it old stuff. I've only seen a few new joints this year that I want to peep.
No. This is not true of most niche and high end fragrances

Some raw materials are expensive as fukk amd some are rare and others are flat out banned

Just research how much materials like cambodian oud,indian agarwood,indian sandalwood,ambergris (banned in most countries and difficult to source),neroli,rose et Al cost

The prices for the real thing are eye watering

I can't speak for All fragrance houses/companies but I know the likes of roja parfums, federic malle,creed,amouage fragrance are expensive to make and it reflects in their prices,still overpriced,mind

Last edited:

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
let me preface by saying I like all levels of cologne from side effect to YSL Y to a solid cheapie

I rediscovered a cheapie in my collection I haven't worn in awhile but I've had it for at least 12+ yrs...it's called Pur-sang Giorgio Monti

If MFK released this cheapie right now, it would go Diamond :banderas:

Hint of tobacco, lemon & mandarin orange...reminds me of a lighter, more masculine baccarat 540

I'm wearing this to the office tomorrow so my work wife can sweat me :wow:

Last edited:

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston

Maison Francis Kurkdjian Aqua Celestia Cologne Forte​

:ohlawd::ohlawd::ohlawd::ohlawd::ohlawd::ohlawd::ahh::ahh::ahh::ahh::ahh::ahh:
Just got my hands on a bottle from @BronxBomber :banderas: This shyt is amazing. Also picked up

Michael Malul -138 Santorini- This is almost a dead ringer for Louis V's Imagination but the dry down is different. Really good summer fragrance.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Few weeks ago I asked for summer cologne recommendations. And they were good.

Now I’m thinking this seasonal stuff is a bit silly.

Obviously some scents remind you of certain times of the year.

But who says you can’t wear a “winter” scent in the summer? Or “summer” scent in the winter?

You got so many fragrances that come out of the Middle East and shyt where it’s 10,000 degrees all the time. You telling me they only rocking Cool Water?

I’m just talking shyt tho.

:mjgrin:

skyrunner1

Superstar
Daps

What this means to the avg consumer is that
  • Prices go up
  • Quality/Concentration of Ingredients/Quality of Ingredients goes down.
  • Price of old bottles goes up.
Layton, Layton Exclusif, and Herod are all on my "purchase at some point" list. But I might just cop a used bottle of each and KIM.

I'm really surprised that they move that kinda weight though.

Average man on the street doesn't know PdM, much less Initio.

The hits keep coming

Not sure if it was posted or anything but I think mfk is getting in on this wave and cashing out rest of shares also..

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
Not sure if it was posted or anything but I think mfk is getting in on this wave and cashing out rest of shares also..

MFK is already under LVMH. I wouldn't be surprised if ol boy decided to cash in. I think he's the main dude at Dior fragrance right now.

If I had that type of money, I guess I'd start looking to the east
  • Nishane
  • Amouage

skyrunner1

Superstar
Daps
MFK is already under LVMH. I wouldn't be surprised if ol boy decided to cash in. I think he's the main dude at Dior fragrance right now.

If I had that type of money, I guess I'd start looking to the east
  • Nishane
  • Amouage
yea I think they did a majority stake years ago now they going all in.. Yup at Dior now

BronxBomber

www.FragrantBodyOilz.com
Daps
Just got my hands on a bottle from @BronxBomber :banderas: This shyt is amazing. Also picked up

Michael Malul -138 Santorini- This is almost a dead ringer for Louis V's Imagination but the dry down is different. Really good summer fragrance.
Yea man sadly we are discontinuing it, to me its in the top 3/4 MFK fragrances but people just dont know about it. Happen all the time, in a year or 2 we will have to bring it back when someone on TikTok finds it or something lol..

Looking for China Rain, but don't see any on your website. Do you have any alternatives @BronxBomber ?
We carried looooong time ago. Honestly dont remember what that smelled like. We have 2 Rains, one from Clean Reserve and one from Royal Crown. Royal Crown one is fire.

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Yea man sadly we are discontinuing it, to me its in the top 3/4 MFK fragrances but people just dont know about it. Happen all the time, in a year or 2 we will have to bring it back when someone on TikTok finds it or something lol..
I just bought the 1/3 roll on. I should've bought the 1oz bottle. Are yall gonna do Aqua Media Cologne Forte?

I did two hauls on last week from your site.

Yum Pistachio Gelato
Away Man
Sunset Hour
Punta Ala
Aqua Invictus
Aqua Celestia Cologne Forte
Sundazed
Enclave
Musk Therapy
Apex