MFK L’Homme A la Rose
Bond no 9 Lafayette Street
Creed Virgin Island Water
Tom Ford Mandarino Di Amalfi

Affordable:

Versace Eros EDP
Valentino Born in Roma Uomo
YSL La Nuit EDT
If those pricey ones hold you down in that Texas summer, they should do well up here in NY, right?

Even tho it’s more humid here in the summer than in Texas, I think.

:patrice:

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Im a Ny breh :pachaha:

c62b0e7c1b46a69f864bd61bbe5a7796.gif

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I left like 6 samples in my cart on Scent Split and these people emailed me like 3 or 4 times in the last 24 hours with coupon codes to finish the purchase.

:mjlol:

Maybe I will

:mjgrin:

• Haha
Reactions: IVS

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
If those pricey ones hold you down in that Texas summer, they should do well up here in NY, right?

Even tho it’s more humid here in the summer than in Texas, I think.

:patrice:
Impossible. No one has more humidity than Houston except for maybe Louisiana. Feels like you walking through a bowl of hot soup down here in the summer.

SOTD-Lamar by Kajal. The undisputed champ of pineapple fragrances.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I swear Creed Aventus has to be the most overrated cologne in recent memory.

Maybe Sauvage is more overrated because it’s more common. But I’m about to fukkin snap if I see one more goddamn Aventus recommendation

:hhh:

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
I swear Creed Aventus has to be the most overrated cologne in recent memory.

Maybe Sauvage is more overrated because it’s more common. But I’m about to fukkin snap if I see one more goddamn Aventus recommendation

:hhh:
Its a great fragrance but when nikkas talk like its the goat of all fragrances im like :unimpressed:

Its not even the best Creed and MFK got a few better than it

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Its a great fragrance but when nikkas talk like its the goat of all fragrances im like :unimpressed:

Its not even the best Creed and MFK got a few better than it
I got a sample of Aventus and Green Irish Tweed a 5-6 years ago.

When I got it, my plan was to wear the GIT. But at first, I liked the Aventus more. So I wore that a few times. I liked it. But I didn’t LOVE IT.

Somehow those bottles were kinda lost in my bedroom somewhere for a long time. Then I found them and my opinion had changed. I actually like the GIT more.

Everyone’s different. And they’re both good fragrances.

But they’re not “OMG I have to have this”.

Honestly I never got a compliment from either of them. I just wore them because I liked them.

You know what got me compliments? I went to Sunday breakfast at my mom’s house a while back and I was wearing some shyt I bought at a Marshall’s for probably $25. Some cologne by Guess. I couldn’t even tell you what the fukkin cologne is. My wife was buying sandals or some shyt and I just bought it just to waste money. And I wore it just to finish it because I didn’t just wanna throw it out.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
@WIA20XX

So, old colognes that I never use anymore, and a bunch of small samples aside…

The main bottles I have now are too similar in smell, I think.

Chanel Bleu: I bought it because I was at the mall with some friends last summer and one of them would not shut the fukk up about it. I hadn’t bought a cologne in years and it smelled nice. I didn’t have anything to compare it to. It’s okay. But I feel like I got sold on it rather than me actually wanting it.

Montblanc Legend: I probably wear this the most often. I feel like it’s a safe option.

YSL Y: There’s a lot of YSL stuff out there. Maybe L’homme or La Nuit is better. But for me, I liked this one most at the time of purchase. Honestly I prefer this to the Chanel Bleu. I’d give that Chanel away but I paid for it so I’m gonna slowly use that shyt.

Prada L’Homme: So initially the plan was I was going to buy the Prada Carbon because I smelled it before at Macy’s and liked it. But then I found out 2 of my friends own it. And that’s like showing up to a party wearing the same sneakers as 2 other people. Yeah fukk that noise. Anyway I found the L’homme to be very nice but light. Kinda fresh. I don’t feel like it lasts all day but for the daytime or a brunch, I feel like it does the job for me.

Tom Ford Ombre Leather: Easily my favorite of the bunch. I’d wear it all the time but it’s a bit powerful and I’m not sure it’s an all around fragrance. I tend to wear it when I’m going out at night.

The first 3, I feel like they’re all very similar.
And so, I have a sense that there’s a gap in my “collection” (I hate that word because I’m not a collector. I want more variety and options).

You shared some summer fragrances in an earlier post and I’ll check those out. I just wanted to get your opinions on the above.

Fresh

SOHH Vet since 2002
Daps
what are some good colognes for the summer that have a nice citrus scent and that last long ?

I'm new to the cologne game, so any other scents y'all can recommend for the summer will be greatly appreciated too, I couldn't go thru the whole thread

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
@WIA20XX

So, old colognes that I never use anymore, and a bunch of small samples aside…

The main bottles I have now are too similar in smell, I think.

Chanel Bleu: I bought it because I was at the mall with some friends last summer and one of them would not shut the fukk up about it. I hadn’t bought a cologne in years and it smelled nice. I didn’t have anything to compare it to. It’s okay. But I feel like I got sold on it rather than me actually wanting it.

Montblanc Legend: I probably wear this the most often. I feel like it’s a safe option.

YSL Y: There’s a lot of YSL stuff out there. Maybe L’homme or La Nuit is better. But for me, I liked this one most at the time of purchase. Honestly I prefer this to the Chanel Bleu. I’d give that Chanel away but I paid for it so I’m gonna slowly use that shyt.

Prada L’Homme: So initially the plan was I was going to buy the Prada Carbon because I smelled it before at Macy’s and liked it. But then I found out 2 of my friends own it. And that’s like showing up to a party wearing the same sneakers as 2 other people. Yeah fukk that noise. Anyway I found the L’homme to be very nice but light. Kinda fresh. I don’t feel like it lasts all day but for the daytime or a brunch, I feel like it does the job for me.

Tom Ford Ombre Leather: Easily my favorite of the bunch. I’d wear it all the time but it’s a bit powerful and I’m not sure it’s an all around fragrance. I tend to wear it when I’m going out at night.

The first 3, I feel like they’re all very similar.
And so, I have a sense that there’s a gap in my “collection” (I hate that word because I’m not a collector. I want more variety and options).

You shared some summer fragrances in an earlier post and I’ll check those out. I just wanted to get your opinions on the above.

I think you're asking the least bottles question.

There are a lot of ways to think about it.

1) 1 bottle default - aka the signature fragrance - This is most guys default, because they are not really into cologne. Most guys sig frag was Acqua di Gio, and is currently Dior Sauvage. Before it was Drakkar Noir. It might have been Old Spice or Brut.

2) 1 bottle from a collector's pov - this is a nightmare, because you have to try a lot of things before you decide on one. People that have this, usually bought a lot and then downsized, but have backup bottles of their sig frag.

3) Fragrance for every season - Warm Weather scents that make you feel clean and smell clean. Cool Weather Scents that smell "cozy". Nautica Voyage, to me, smells better in the warm weather than the cold weather. Spicebomb Extreme is the opposite.

4) Fragrance for every typical occasion
  • Everyday for school/work - so clean, a bit of scent trail and projection, but not too much, lasts 8 hours
  • Date Night - sweet/interesting, a bit more of a scent trail, a bit of projection, lasts long enough
  • Clubbing - sweet/loud/interesting, a long scent trail, a lot of projection, lasts long and lasts even though you're sweating.
  • Special Occasion - think your wedding, weddings, Operas, Plays, graduations... - loud/interesting, long scent trail, projection, "fill up a room", lasts long
5) Sweet 16 - From what I can tell, most people combine categories 3 and 4 - What you wear clubbing in the summer is different than the winter. So that'd be 4x4 = 16 fragrances.

That said, by the time most dudes get past 4 bottles, and they realize what is out there, and that they don't want to smell like anyone else - they can't stop at 16 bottles.

6) Personal Enjoyment - eff everyone else

To me, these folks are dudes that douse themselves in whatever, or females that wear heavy patchouli.

In the cologne community, it's guys that are into Toskovat and other obscure indie perfumers. I guess the snobs are niche only.

This is where I currently am.

Analyzing your collection

• Signature Fragrance - You could easily just stay with Legend and sell the rest.
  • Collector Sig Frag - Naw, if you get bitten by the bug, you won't be happy with what you have.
  • 4 Seasons - Legend is good for Spring. I'd say BDC for the summer. Ombre for the Winter, and Y for the Fall. Ombre might only be for the Winter, under this mentality, but I wore Ombre last week. Just don't spray heavy. Legend/Y/BDC are good year round though
  • Occasions - I sorta think you're missing a date night and club night fragrance, but the Legend and Y could also stand in. None for a special occasion imo, but that's the fuzziest category to me.
  • Sweet 16 - You don't have 16 scents, so ....
I'm not suggesting that you go out and buy anything, especially not a full bottle.

But if you want to add something to your current collection, I'd start looking at a 1) chill date night fragrance and 2) a club fragrance.

If you don't club, I'd still get like 5mls of something more potent than what you've got.