brehs lets talk cologne game

keond

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATLANTA
Some of these scents smell better in the store than when you get them home.

I bought a bottle of givenchy gentleman and it's OK. When I smelled it in the store, I was like I gotta get this!

Thats why i prefer unique scents that grow on you that dont smell good at first. When i first got into the Maison Margiela Replica series, i smelled them and was like :scusthov:

They just was not what i expected so my nose was confused as shyt. Fast forward to now, they are by far my most complimented colognes, women love them. When i wear Creed and some of the more expensive shyt that has a thousand dupes, i gets nothing

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Thats why i prefer unique scents that grow on you that dont smell good at first. When i first got into the Maison Margiela Replica series, i smelled them and was like :scusthov:

They just was not what i expected so my nose was confused as shyt. Fast forward to now, they are by far my most complimented colognes, women love them. When i wear Creed and some of the more expensive shyt that has a thousand dupes, i gets nothing
I didn't like MFK Gentle Fluidity Silver the first few times but I like it now. A friend gave me a decant of it to try

SPACE IS FAKE

Say No To NASA!
Daps
Maybe tobacco for the summer nights but definitely not the day. I wouldn't do ouds at all during the summer.
i got summer days on lock…..just having trouble with summer nights when i’m out in these streets :mjgrin:…anything u recommend for summer nights? leather?

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
how about leather? what kinda scents you wear round this time of yr at night
Again maybe night but I would personaly stay away from leather, tobacco and ouds during the summer.

For summers I do aquatics, citruses, and ginger.

Edit: Summer Nights:
-By Kilian-Gold Knight
-Roja Dove-Oceania
-Xerjoff- 1861 Renaissance
-Mizensir-Eau De Gingembre
-Kajal-Lamar

Last edited:

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
I always suspected this, but to hear someone else say it is:wow:

I paid enough for it, so I guess I gotta make it work:pachaha:

Eventually it should smell like the tester. It's not like it's a totally different formulation. Time and exposure to oxygen changes things up.

Last edited:

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
idk what scents to wear at summertime nights..is it valid to wear taboacoo and oud scents?

Tobacco - for sure. It just depends on the tobacco.
Oud is generally from middle east perfumery (as opposed to Western), and they wear it year round in the desert.

That said, anytime you wear something bold, everything else gotta be on point.

Buckeye Fever

YOU WILL ALL HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hip-Hop Since '79
I feel you no doubt, it’s just I went through that a few months ago. Twice actually.

Now I find myself wanting to get the green spicebomb edp again after returning it.
Next time I see that, I'ma check it out.

I'm not as up on my cologne game as I should be. This is one of the best threads on this site