brehs lets talk cologne game

GentMan

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Has anyone noticed that different races/ethnic groups gravitate to certain scents?

Sistas = I've always gotten a positive reactions whenever I've worn something sweet, gourmand-ish around them (Angel's Share, Givenchy Pi, Mercedes Benz Club Black) If it's got vanilla, chocolate or cocoa notes....you're getting their attention. Cakes and pies are comfort foods in our community which makes sense why I've been told I smell cozy and comforting.

Latinas = Without fail if I have on Milliseme Imperial I'm getting a compliment from a Latina. It's fresh, fruity, salty, but not overly citrus. This again makes sense if you know the diet and ingredients in hispanic households.

Just my observations....

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Has anyone noticed that different races/ethnic groups gravitate to certain scents?

Sistas = I've always gotten a positive reactions whenever I've worn something sweet, gourmand-ish around them (Angel's Share, Givenchy Pi, Mercedes Benz Club Black) If it's got vanilla, chocolate or cocoa notes....you're getting their attention. Cakes and pies are comfort foods in our community which makes sense why I've been told I smell cozy and comforting.

Latinas = Without fail if I have on Milliseme Imperial I'm getting a compliment from a Latina. It's fresh, fruity, salty, but not overly citrus. This again makes sense if you know the diet and ingredients in hispanic households.

Just my observations....
I'm sure certain scents resonate with certain ethnic groups. I know for me I like certain scents to wear. Just haven't done a wide litmus test on which scents stand out with certain races. I'm around a lot of White and Latina women given where I live.

I ended up giving a white buddy of mine a decent of Amaouge Reflection 45 because it smelled better on his skin chemistry. Certain Middle Eastern scents I don't like and some fragrances smell boring to me whereas on a white or Latino dude they may work

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
@GentMan I could see why Millisime Imperial would be a hit with Latinas. It's the salty marine scent. Xerjoff Naxos would probably be a hit too. I own it though I rarely wear it. I'm sure something like Virgin Island Water would be a hit with Caribbean women.

I've gotten complimented on YSL Tuxedo (Vanilla/Bourbon/Patchoulli scent) & PDM Layton (Apple, Vanilla, Spicy) from WW. Also fresh scents like Elysium and Morning Chess just work well on my skin.

I've had a few compliments with Xerjoff Naxos from a few Middle Eastern women before.

Given sweet, gourmound smells as you mentioned resonate more with Black women I'll assume BR 540 Extrait and Initio Side Effect will resonate with them.

I'm curious about the compliment factor I'll get with Silver Mountain Water.

ABlackMan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Hood America
Men's Rayonner Why is this 2K

But then you have the $800 one on sale for 100

I wanna cop but what’s the deal or what’s the word on these

I know this isn’t fragrance but I know I could get faster/possibly more informed response

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
I've bought too many cheapies.
  • Nautica Voyage
  • 3 of them Target Special/Cremo Joints
  • Eros Flame ...
  • Club De Nuit Intense Man
  • Halloween Man X
They go from bad to okay. But had I gotten the sample, I would have skipped em.

This one though? This is pretty good.

From Zara - Rich Warm Addictive

0210472999_6_1_1.jpg

Complexion

ʇdᴉɹɔsǝɥʇdᴉlɟ
Daps
Cheapies really are such a false economy. I once had a friend that would buy loads of them and I tried to point out that 4 wack, front loaded fleeting frags with boring bases vs one proper scent makes so much more sense.

He didn't get it. Some people like the thrill of the hunt and the feeling of outsmarting the rest while thinking they got a bargain but 9/10 what they're trying to do/smell like doesn't quite match if you've got a decent nose.

Straight up Terry the Tiger moves because "They'reeeeeeee oooaaaakkkyyy" at best
terry.png

There are some bangers out there at the lower end but they are few and far between. So much of the stuff thats hyped as 1:1 identical makes me wonder if people a) sell themselves dreams b) fall for the hype or c) don't have a clue what they're smelling. Maybe all of the above. Not that price assures quality as this is an overpriced extortion racket par excellence as I mentioned previously but the low end stuff is a waste of time.

AStrangeName

Member of Snitch Syndication
Daps

ABlackMan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Hood America

Just my observations....
Something I been meaning to try because this one Mexican girl granted she thorough as fukk and plays hard and says she has a man lol she will not compliment shyt I wear 😂

All the other women black white asian all be feeling it.

I’m like I know she think it smell good but at same time idk she just a tough cookie

SPACE IS FAKE

Say No To NASA!
Daps
idk what scents to wear at summertime nights..is it valid to wear taboacoo and oud scents?