Brehs, is there anything to stop a thinning hairline

Rev Leon Lonnie Love

damned mine eyes, DAMNED mine eyes!!
Daps

This is it with the sponge and it combed down. When I comb it down it's not that noticeable and people say they don't see thinning unless they real close up but I feel like Im tripping or the shyt be moving on itself and I have to keep combing it down all day.

And like I said, any type of movement of my hair or hairline like rolling on the matt at BJJ and my sht looks like those before pics

They see that you're insecure and are just saying they cant see it to make you feel good. Trust me that thinning WILL show under bright lights no matter how you style it.

Who Not How

Superstar
Daps

This is it with the sponge and it combed down. When I comb it down it's not that noticeable and people say they don't see thinning unless they real close up but I feel like Im tripping or the shyt be moving on itself and I have to keep combing it down all day.

And like I said, any type of movement of my hair or hairline like rolling on the matt at BJJ and my sht looks like those before pics

You can recover bruh. You shouldn’t shave it all off. Some of these cats want everyone to join the bald club with them.

Jblaze204

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Uptown NY

This is how my shyt looks, I'm 29. I went to the dermatologist and he said it's thinning more in the crown area but he sees men my age with far worse and I have years to go. I can usually comb it down and it's not too noticeable but after BJJ or any type of hair movement or rolling, forget it.

Both grandfathers are bald and my Father shyt looks like Vegeta. I went to the dermatologist and He gave me finasteride 1mg but warned some men report side effects they can't get it up. I can grow a beard Thank God, but I work in corporate and idk how long I can have it before I get "unprofessional" emails.

My neck and back of my head get ingrown hairs really bad and I've tried everything, so idk how imma have a baldy with mad bumps in the back.The same dermatologist told me my shyt is so bad, don't ever shave my neck or taper the back of my head.

I have rogaine too and have a derma roller in my cart as I type this.

Anyway, any tips. should I just get the Kobe, Sebastian telfair light ceaser or will that make it worse? Turkey is def in the plans soon also long term but I'm talking for now.

If you get a 1.5 low caesar against the grain u should be good. U still have some hair at the hair line.

If you can get the afro to grow a bit more tape up the sides and the hairline and braid your hair. A lot of ball players and cats are rocking braids with the baby hair on the bottom.

LDN-L-CLIPPERS-0927-06-LO.jpg

Kawhi’s braids start further out now but the hairline being there makes it look presentable

Balla

Superstar
Daps

Why don’t you use toppik? I think it stays on no matter what you do.

Balla

Superstar
Daps
I bought some shyt similar to that on Amazon. Maybe I need the official Toppik brand, but I have oiley skin and I sweat a lot. I may look like Carlos Boozer
I think it should be sweat resistant.

You honestly don’t have many options right at the moment, but your curl down look look hides it well.

Maybe add some toppik before class lol for real though it might work.

Try it out dolo first though.

You should wear a durag or headband in class.

Studious one

Change names, like change clothes; stay a fly girl
Daps
I have a friend whos hairline is thinning. Its thinning a bit in two parts on the front and fading away a bit on the sides. 26 years old. How do I recommend him? Any creams or something..

Please help me help my friend:mjcry:
Let it go, let it go. I have a thing for a bald head though. Tell your friend to get his money up, work on his personality as far as not being an a$$hole, dress and smell nice, and he should be good.

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
My family always used coconut oil, castor oil, Rosemary oil, almond oil, and peppermint oil in our hair and it's always been strong. Not sure if there's science behind it, but yeah, just rub that shyt in everyday before bed and wear a silk bonet/cap/durag.

Krazy

Rifle weh taller dan palm tree
Daps
Reppin
Judgement Yard

This is how my shyt looks, I'm 29. I went to the dermatologist and he said it's thinning more in the crown area but he sees men my age with far worse and I have years to go. I can usually comb it down and it's not too noticeable but after BJJ or any type of hair movement or rolling, forget it.

Both grandfathers are bald and my Father shyt looks like Vegeta. I went to the dermatologist and He gave me finasteride 1mg but warned some men report side effects they can't get it up. I can grow a beard Thank God, but I work in corporate and idk how long I can have it before I get "unprofessional" emails.

My neck and back of my head get ingrown hairs really bad and I've tried everything, so idk how imma have a baldy with mad bumps in the back.The same dermatologist told me my shyt is so bad, don't ever shave my neck or taper the back of my head.

I have rogaine too and have a derma roller in my cart as I type this.

Anyway, any tips. should I just get the Kobe, Sebastian telfair light ceaser or will that make it worse? Turkey is def in the plans soon also long term but I'm talking for now.

Take that Finasteride, even if it’s 3x a week.

Dermaroll weekly with 1-1.5mm.

Reevaluate in 6-9months.

Fin alone or combined with dermarolling might just be enough to bring you back.

Longer you leave it the worse it’ll get, act now trust me.

Currently throwing the whole kitchen sink at mine, because I waited longer than I should have.

Even if you hit Turkey you’re gonna need to use finasteride, if you’re suffering from MPB.

Otherwise your non transplanted hair around the crown will still be susceptible to being destroyed by DHT.

Hairline might look great but behind that..? And you only have a finite amount of graphs.

Last edited:

RealCrownHeights

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bucktown
I've been taking Finasteride but my Dermatologist warned that one of the side effects could be a lack of sex drive and impotence and I think that was starting to happen to me.

I've been drinking water and I do bjj 3 times a week and go to gym twice. I'm still doing derma roller too. This is the longest I've been without a shapeup, I feel like my hairline is closing in on my fave like Venonm's symbiote but then the top look like a taper.

I'm considering cutting the rest of my hair to the level of the thinning and just growing my beard mad long smh