BREHS: HOW IMPORTANT IS CALORIE COUNTING?

semtex

:)
Daps
Dog like a chicken breast is 200 calories I got to eat ten of those shyts!!!
You're in luck :youngsabo:

Oats, coconut/olive oil, peanut butter, milk, whey, ice. Put it all in a blender and drank it. That's hella calories

semtex

:)
Daps
How many???
Depends on the serving sizes. I recommend:

- 2 cups of oats: 600
- big glob of peanut butter: 190-380
- 2 cups milk: 300
- scoop or two of whey: 110-220
- 2 tbsp of coconut oil: 240

TooLazyToMakeUp1

LWO suicide bomber
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Out here in my damn drawls

I ate like this since middle school, but I didn't know intermittent fasting was a thing until like 5 years ago. I eat big once (usually 7-8 AM) and I'm good all day, especially if I'm busy.

As an adult, I've tried the three meals a day, 6-8 small meals but I always eventually fall back into my normal habit, so I just don't fight it

Sometimes I grab a snack around noon, but water usually keeps me good

I think it probably has something to do with the way I sleep. I'm usually up about 5 am and I'll be sleep around 10-11 pm, then back up around 5-6 am again

Dominic Decoco

Superstar
Daps
I ate like this since middle school, but I didn't know intermittent fasting was a thing until like 5 years ago. I eat big once (usually 7-8 AM) and I'm good all day, especially if I'm busy.

As an adult, I've tried the three meals a day, 6-8 small meals but I always eventually fall back into my normal habit, so I just don't fight it

Sometimes I grab a snack around noon, but water usually keeps me good

I think it probably has something to do with the way I sleep. I'm usually up about 5 am and I'll be sleep around 10-11 pm, then back up around 5-6 am again
How big are we talking, calorie wise? I usually eat at least 2 medium size meals, then little snacks throughout the day.

Daps
Reppin
The Last of the Outlaws
It's not a bad thing to know what's going in and coming out. You can narrow shyt down and know what needs tweaking a LOT easier if you stall in your goals by at least having an idea of intake and expenditure

Lotta folks unknowingly take in considerably more than they think they do and end up frustrated when nothing is working

TooLazyToMakeUp1

LWO suicide bomber
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Out here in my damn drawls
How big are we talking, calorie wise? I usually eat at least 2 medium size meals, then little snacks throughout the day.

2,000-2,500

I get a workout in at least 5 days a week and on those days, I only eat afterwards so I'm hungry enough to get my intake to sustain me all day

On the days I'm not active, I still only eat when I get hungry, and I don't eat bullshyt often, so I get full on that one meal anyways

If I didn't drink as much water as I do, I might've been more prone to snacking all day like alot of people I know

I'm about to fukk up some oxtail around 8 :wow:

Last edited:

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Counting calories is vital. It is absolutely the most important part of any regimen, imo.

Diet will always > exercise, whether your goal is to gain muscle or lose fat. This is an undisputed fact. And with that said, making sure you adhere to that diet is critical. If you're trying to lose weight, chances are you will overestimate your intake of macros. If you're trying to gain weight, you will underestimate. With MyFitnessPal and a cheap scale, there is zero reason not to monitor your calories and macros. It's a no-brainer, and anyone who is serious about fitness would tell you the same.
This is the first bit of good advice in this thread.

@P LaFlame
You've stated that you have a goal of losing a certain amount of weight in five months but then it sounds like you're not really committed to reaching that goal. If you just want to lose some weight or gain some weight and time isn't really an issue then you have no need to track calories and macros.

But if you're saying you have five months, which is ~23 weeks or so, then you should be tracking what happens during that time period.

Maybe split it up in to two 12-week periods and absolutely commit to consuming a certain number of calories per day.

How much do you weigh now and what weight are you trying to get to?

except its not great advice. Majority NFL players diets are shyt. You can look great, be strong, etc without a clean diet. That doesnt mean have a dirty diet either. Theres a middle ground. You think NFL/MLB players downing salads every day :mjlol: no, but they stay away from McDonalds/fast food and soda and dont drink as much alcohol.

You go hard in the gym, you'll see results. Anyone saying they dont see results (regardless of diet), arent pushing themselves in the gym. Its that simple. Everyone in my squad fit as shyt and only 1 meal preps and he only did that a few weeks and said he regrets it cause it fukked up his workout routine a lil. All NFL/MLB prospects at one point in they life. Some of them actually making it that far. Not a single one of us count calories :mjlol:

Diet will get you your goals quicker. Thats it. But it is not fully required to "strict diet/meal prep" to achieve these goals. You can eat like shyt and still be ripped and strong.

Almost everyone I know who says "diet > exercise" are beginners in the gym :ld: majority of their bodies look like shyt :ld: and most of them are weak as shyt :ld:

Long story short; stay off the fast food/chips, soda and drink less alcohol and go hard in the gym and everything will eventually fall into place. If you dont see results, then you are just killing time in the gym :ld:

BaldingSoHard

Veteran
Daps
except its not great advice. Majority NFL players diets are shyt. You can look great, be strong, etc without a clean diet. That doesnt mean have a dirty diet either. Theres a middle ground. You think NFL/MLB players downing salads every day :mjlol: no, but they stay away from McDonalds/fast food and soda and dont drink as much alcohol.

You go hard in the gym, you'll see results. Anyone saying they dont see results (regardless of diet), arent pushing themselves in the gym. Its that simple. Everyone in my squad fit as shyt and only 1 meal preps and he only did that a few weeks and said he regrets it cause it fukked up his workout routine a lil. All NFL/MLB prospects at one point in they life. Some of them actually making it that far. Not a single one of us count calories :mjlol:

Diet will get you your goals quicker. Thats it. But it is not fully required to "strict diet/meal prep" to achieve these goals. You can eat like shyt and still be ripped and strong.

Almost everyone I know who says "diet > exercise" are beginners in the gym :ld: majority of their bodies look like shyt :ld: and most of them are weak as shyt :ld:

Long story short; stay off the fast food/chips, soda and drink less alcohol and go hard in the gym and everything will eventually fall into place. If you dont see results, then you are just killing time in the gym :ld:

I guess it wouldn't be the internet if there weren't trolls.