BREHS: HOW IMPORTANT IS CALORIE COUNTING?

Rick Fox at UNC

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Pretty Boys
Counting calories is vital. It is absolutely the most important part of any regimen, imo.

Diet will always > exercise, whether your goal is to gain muscle or lose fat. This is an undisputed fact. And with that said, making sure you adhere to that diet is critical. If you're trying to lose weight, chances are you will overestimate your intake of macros. If you're trying to gain weight, you will underestimate. With MyFitnessPal and a cheap scale, there is zero reason not to monitor your calories and macros. It's a no-brainer, and anyone who is serious about fitness would tell you the same.

This is the first bit of good advice in this thread.

@P LaFlame
You've stated that you have a goal of losing a certain amount of weight in five months but then it sounds like you're not really committed to reaching that goal. If you just want to lose some weight or gain some weight and time isn't really an issue then you have no need to track calories and macros.

But if you're saying you have five months, which is ~23 weeks or so, then you should be tracking what happens during that time period.

Maybe split it up in to two 12-week periods and absolutely commit to consuming a certain number of calories per day.

How much do you weigh now and what weight are you trying to get to?

666 ReVeNGe 666

TROLL IS LIFE
Daps
Counting calories is vital. It is absolutely the most important part of any regimen, imo.

Diet will always > exercise, whether your goal is to gain muscle or lose fat. This is an undisputed fact. And with that said, making sure you adhere to that diet is critical. If you're trying to lose weight, chances are you will overestimate your intake of macros. If you're trying to gain weight, you will underestimate. With MyFitnessPal and a cheap scale, there is zero reason not to monitor your calories and macros. It's a no-brainer, and anyone who is serious about fitness would tell you the same.
I count calories but I honestly only eat like 3 meals a day and I eat the same thing everyday I don't eat candy bars or any random sodas anymore so what would you suggest I eat everyday

666 ReVeNGe 666

TROLL IS LIFE
Daps
This is the first bit of good advice in this thread.

@P LaFlame
You've stated that you have a goal of losing a certain amount of weight in five months but then it sounds like you're not really committed to reaching that goal. If you just want to lose some weight or gain some weight and time isn't really an issue then you have no need to track calories and macros.

But if you're saying you have five months, which is ~23 weeks or so, then you should be tracking what happens during that time period.

Maybe split it up in to two 12-week periods and absolutely commit to consuming a certain number of calories per day.

How much do you weigh now and what weight are you trying to get to?

I want to be 225-230.

I just want to basically continue to exercise and eat good and drop pounds I don't have to lose that amount of weight by September but that was just kind of a loose goal I want to change my eating and continue to exercise so I can just be healthy and change my lifestyle and lose weight along the way I don't really have a set date but I will be honest I am 27 and I would really really love to lose like a hundred pounds before I'm Thirty or something

666 ReVeNGe 666

TROLL IS LIFE
Daps
Its good to do just to understand how much calories matter. You dont understand how much your calorie intake affects your body/appearance until you actually sit back and do the counting see the results.

Once you actually understand how much you need to do, take in and burn to lose, gain and maintain then counting isn't as important.

I suggest counting if your trying to hit a goal as well, and if you plan on keeping it going you can stop counting and just wing it once you really understand that 200 calories for a candy bar is alot of what you want to take in for the day and stuff like that.
Very true

Today I ate

A round thin sausage patty
32 ounces of water
About one cup of brekafast potatoes

Turkey on wheat with 1 slice of cheddar, lettuce tomatoes and onion...brown mustard ... baked chips and 32 ounces of water
Dinner was a chef salad and 23 ounces of water

BobbyBooshay

Arnold Jackson
Daps
Reppin
London
Very

If your cutting, then you of course need to know your eating less than your body requires.
If your bulking, then you of course need to know how much of a surplus is sufficent to put on size and minimize fat increase

GoldTeef

Sarranid Bleu
Daps
Reppin
Fooglies
I love the gym and I can eat healthy with no problem but how am I supposed to eat 2900 calories a day

Eat a mediun or large pizza, they usually have around 2800-3000+ calories.

Or just get a 2000+ calorie milkshake with a side of french fries

Edit: nvm i just read that you are trying to lose weight.

If you're worried about feeling starved while eating 2900 calories a day I recommend steel cut oats, 1 cup of it keeps you full for a few hours and is only 600-700 or so calories.

BaldingSoHard

Veteran
Daps
Dog like a chicken breast is 200 calories I got to eat ten of those shyts!!!

Eat bone-in skin-on chicken breasts that's closer to 500 calories.
Salmon is very healthy and full of calories too.
And lots and lots of sweet potatoes and brown rice and bananas.